CompuCom Reviews

Reset

Lead Field Service Technician

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Woodstock, GA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The various areas of work experience opportunities, the co-workers, immediate management associated with position, and the number of different clients worked with.

Cons

The company itself does not look after their own employees with any respect. Does not appreciate or show any acknowledgement of employee dedication or hard work for the company. Does not compensate employees very well as far as salary.

Advice to Management

Pick up the pace and be a leader in the IT industry. Treat your employees as they should be treated. Show more interest and appreciation toward hard working employees.

Field Engineer

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Certs are paid for by the company.

Cons

Senior management no longer has the backs of the people in the field. Contracts are written without the resources to support them fully, and it's up to the people in the field to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who made this company great, and have been in the field.

Compucom v Dominos

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst L2 in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst L2 in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

You get to work for a company that has a presence within some of the top companies in the US, like GE Aviation. Working with GE was one of the better companies I have been involved in.

Cons

Compucom pretends they want to place you with their clients full time, however that is not true. I was told by two different managers from two different groups with GEAE that when they tried to hire me, the site lead refused. The first time they were told that they had to buy out my contract, and that I was making 55,000 a year and they would have to pay 75% of that if they wanted me. Total BS, I made $17/hr. The second time they were told that I was leaving the company, that I had resigned and because of that GEAE would have to wait 1 full year as to not violate the non-compete clause in my contract. Again, another lie - I worked for another 5 months, I was NEVER officially a Compucom employee, but a freelance contractor. I never signed any non-compete agreement. After this happened, I was told that because I only owned one car, and my wife and 5 kids kept that car in order for them to get where they had to go, that if I didn't purchase a car in 30 days, I would be terminated as I was told that traveling was a requirement for my role. Yet again, another lie - as I clearly marked on the application that I filled out that I could do NO travel, and that I would have to remain at one site. Again, that was discussed in my interview with the team manager I would not be able to travel at all. Needless to say that I turned in my resignation on 1/4/2015 and indicated my final day would be 1/16. That resignation was accepted by my manager, the HR liaison, and the team lead. 4 days later I was told that I was no longer going to be needed, and told to go home. I was legally owed pay until 1/16, to which I never received. A wrongful termination suit has been filed.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

Overwork, Poor Management, Poor Benefits, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Service Desk in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Service Desk in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a job and benefits. That's it.

Cons

You are expected to take on up to five or more company accounts, which could include two or more very high traffic accounts
    Micromanagement is prevalent, as you are expected to go to lunch or breaks as determined by computer. You're expected to use a knowledge base and do it by that book even if you know the procedure by heart, If you slip up and miss a period, management treats it as the end of the world.
    The managers are less than receptive to concerns regarding training and management will either ignore your complaints, make promises on training and then not deliver, or blow it back in your face entirely. You're expected to adhere to a schedule, even if the call volume is high.
    Going back to training, you are expected to be an expert after only a few hours of training.
    Benefits are a pure joke and utterly poor.
    Managers are egotistical, arrogant, and lead by dictatorship. They complain about SLAs yet will not join in taking calls, chats, or emails to ensure that there are no breaches.
    Getting time off is a pain in the rear end.
    Raises are non-existent.
    Clients are given carte blanche to be abusive to the employees as well and place very unreasonable expectations on employees.
    Overtime is non-existent and even then management treats it as a capital offense.

Advice to Management

Your company is a ticking time bomb that is waiting to go off. If there is nothing done, you will probably:
    A. Lose accounts
    B. Be sued by an employee(s) for a hostile work environment
    C. Lose employees
    D. Have employees walk out.
    E. Cause employees to seek to form a union to force some change down the company's throat
    F. Things far worse but not mentionable here.
    G. Employee walkout in the middle of a very busy time....or a client visit.

Compujoke

Current Employee - Field Dispatch Technician in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Field Dispatch Technician in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

You get paid
    You stay afloat till you can get out

Cons

Unrealistic deadlines set up by project managers who don't have a clue
    Dispatched over a hundred miles one way from your residence.
    Essentially a subcontractor
    Company justifies not paying you all your mileage as "you'd have to commute anyway"
    A lot of of the positive reviews on here are likely fake, in an effort by the company to hide the truth. This is the dead end sweat shop of I.T.

You are a number. Do NOT make the mistake of thinking the company cares about you in any capacity. They truly do not. .

Advice to Management

Beyond hope as far as I can see.

Entry level only

Current Employee - Desktop Hardware Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Desktop Hardware Support in New York, NY

I have been working at CompuCom (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experience for new guys joining IT desktop support field is really good. Good in that there's so much work and so many responsibilities they don't tell you as part as your job description that you become better than you think. There will be no place that

Cons

Been with the same client for almost 10 years and the original IT company did offer raises and such. Then it went down hill when Compucom took over. Constant threats to do your job or lose your job. Morale is really low among the techs. No recognition, no raises, no offers for contractors, long hours, short handed support, no managers on site, no time off during major projects (management still not on site), bad or no benefits. This company is pure slavery.

Advice to Management

Some techs are truly spectacular at their job. Their morale is so low though one struggles to be motivated to leave. You are about to go into the tank when they finally leave.

Mostly Cons!!

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started here 1.5 years ago the atmosphere was very different. My (then) boss trusted us to do our jobs and it was almost like working for yourself. The benefits are run-of-the-mill. A total of 15 Floating PTO days a year (a like 6 paid holidays). Insurance is just okay, but very expensive if you have a family. Your schedule is semi-flexible (this varies from ODM to ODM).

-Pay for certification exams

Cons

Micro-management from direct supervisors.
    Limited to no career advancement.
    Company is completely profit driven and as such shows little to no care for employees.
    401K "matching" is a joke! It's something like 0.5%
    There are constant policy / rule changes; I mean several every week.
    Non of my co-workers or I have plans to stay long term; the culture is that bad.

Advice to Management

Hire skilled technicians and trust them to do their jobs. And if you put your employees first they will put the customer first!

9. Tech Support

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Bradford, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Bradford, PA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

awesome company to work for great schedule great benefits great learning oppurtunities

Cons

sometimes leadership is un responsive to questions or topics of concern

Field Tech

Current Employee - Field Service Analyst in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Analyst in Tyler, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something to do. The company will pay for all the certifications you can get, including your CompTIA A+ Certification. Great benefits, and 401k. You even get paid mileage, which more than offsets the use of your personal vehicle. The management is great, and very helpful. A VERY flexible schedule, which makes for an outstanding work/life balance.

Cons

Constantly changing management structure and district lines. I'd be perfectly happy making this company a life-long career if I knew I would have a job to go to in a week, month or year from now.

Advice to Management

Keep your techs busy. We sometimes get nervous when we open our case queues and there's nothing there. We shouldn't have to ask other techs if they'd mind giving up a case or two so we can have something to do on any given day.

Goodbye, Wal-Mart, Goodbye, 1/3 Of The Field Techs

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

Able to work from home. Good certificate training available.

Cons

Poor upper management, horrible inventory control, DOA parts/dispatch shot gunning wrong parts, project managers who are Evil Without Standards, poor mileage reimbursement and insane expense reporting. Three managers in eight months. Deliberate favoritism on call assignments. Insane SLA's. Dangerous working environments at some clients. No hands-on training. Sink or swim. Constantly shifting metrics. Low pay.

Advice to Management

You lost the Wal-Mart contract for a reason, and you deserved to. Stand up for your troops, pay them and train them properly. Stand up to your customers, and tell them they are going to have to spend the money for good IT equipment and services. Otherwise, you will fall to the level of Unisys pizza tech service.

RSS Feed </> Embed