CompuCom Reviews

1. Enjoyed my time with them

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

Descent benefits and vacation time, access to further training. They encourage you to set goals and reach them.

Cons

Initial salary offered was pretty low, but I was able to negotiate a higher salary that I felt the position warranted.

L2 Deskside Support

Former Employee - Technical Support Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They contract to some very large Companies such as GE, Wal Mart and Many others

Cons

No raises, They never recognize hard work from the employees in the trenches per say. The only people that get a Good Job are Sales and Marketing or VP's. The pay is low scale for employee, GE would pay CompuCom $30-$40 an hour to have you at a site and barley give you $16.

Advice to Management

Better Raises and better management.

Field Engineer

Current Employee - Field Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Engineer

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Certs are paid for by the company.

Cons

Senior management no longer has the backs of the people in the field. Contracts are written without the resources to support them fully, and it's up to the people in the field to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who made this company great, and have been in the field.

CompuCom needs to come out of the 90's

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros - the people at the company (workers) generally want to do a good job and are very helpful at getting the work done.

Cons

Cons - Management needs to figure out how to pull the company out of the 90s and reinvent not just the products, but to realize that the services are what are differentiating them from the competition.

Advice to Management

Time to change some of the senior management. Most have been with the company for 30 years and have not adapted to 2014.

Hardware and software tech

Former Employee - HW and Software Tech in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - HW and Software Tech in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

There are none. They tell you how great is to work for them and they work you like a Dog

Cons

Management is Horrible and no pay raises in years, my advise to anyone who wants to work for them....DONT!

Advice to Management

Treat your workers right and for god sakes pay them ....

Lead Field Service Technician

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Woodstock, GA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The various areas of work experience opportunities, the co-workers, immediate management associated with position, and the number of different clients worked with.

Cons

The company itself does not look after their own employees with any respect. Does not appreciate or show any acknowledgement of employee dedication or hard work for the company. Does not compensate employees very well as far as salary.

Advice to Management

Pick up the pace and be a leader in the IT industry. Treat your employees as they should be treated. Show more interest and appreciation toward hard working employees.

8. Desktop Support Technician

Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in East Barre, VT
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Technician in East Barre, VT

I worked at CompuCom (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work pretty much on your own. Good benefits. Work life balance is also an asset. Co-workers are always there if you need help. Access to online training material for about any certification you are looking for.

Cons

No salary increase in three years. Always wondering if you will have a job the next day. No direct contact with your direct supervisor, by phone only.

Advice to Management

Management personnel and companies policy always changing. Organization more concerned about profit than team members issues.

Compucom v Dominos

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst L2 in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst L2 in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

You get to work for a company that has a presence within some of the top companies in the US, like GE Aviation. Working with GE was one of the better companies I have been involved in.

Cons

Compucom pretends they want to place you with their clients full time, however that is not true. I was told by two different managers from two different groups with GEAE that when they tried to hire me, the site lead refused. The first time they were told that they had to buy out my contract, and that I was making 55,000 a year and they would have to pay 75% of that if they wanted me. Total BS, I made $17/hr. The second time they were told that I was leaving the company, that I had resigned and because of that GEAE would have to wait 1 full year as to not violate the non-compete clause in my contract. Again, another lie - I worked for another 5 months, I was NEVER officially a Compucom employee, but a freelance contractor. I never signed any non-compete agreement. After this happened, I was told that because I only owned one car, and my wife and 5 kids kept that car in order for them to get where they had to go, that if I didn't purchase a car in 30 days, I would be terminated as I was told that traveling was a requirement for my role. Yet again, another lie - as I clearly marked on the application that I filled out that I could do NO travel, and that I would have to remain at one site. Again, that was discussed in my interview with the team manager I would not be able to travel at all. Needless to say that I turned in my resignation on 1/4/2015 and indicated my final day would be 1/16. That resignation was accepted by my manager, the HR liaison, and the team lead. 4 days later I was told that I was no longer going to be needed, and told to go home. I was legally owed pay until 1/16, to which I never received. A wrongful termination suit has been filed.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

Overwork, Poor Management, Poor Benefits, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Service Desk in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Service Desk in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a job and benefits. That's it.

Cons

You are expected to take on up to five or more company accounts, which could include two or more very high traffic accounts Micromanagement is prevalent, as you are expected to go to lunch or breaks as determined by computer. You're expected to use a knowledge base and do it by that book even if you know the procedure by heart, If you slip up and miss a period, management treats it as the end of the world. The managers are less than receptive to concerns regarding training and management will either ignore your complaints, make promises on training and then not deliver, or blow it back in your face entirely. You're expected to adhere to a schedule, even if the call volume is high. Going back to training, you are expected to be an expert after only a few hours of training. Benefits are a pure joke and utterly poor. Managers are egotistical, arrogant, and lead by dictatorship. They complain about SLAs yet will not join in taking calls, chats, or emails to ensure that there are no breaches. Getting time off is a pain in the rear end. Raises are non-existent. Clients are given carte blanche to be abusive to the employees as well and place very unreasonable expectations on employees. Overtime is non-existent and even then management treats it as a capital offense.

Advice to Management

Your company is a ticking time bomb that is waiting to go off. If there is nothing done, you will probably: A. Lose accounts B. Be sued by an employee(s) for a hostile work environment C. Lose employees D. Have employees walk out. E. Cause employees to seek to form a union to force some change down the company's throat F. Things far worse but not mentionable here. G. Employee walkout in the middle of a very busy time....or a client visit.

Compujoke

Current Employee - Field Dispatch Technician in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Field Dispatch Technician in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at CompuCom

Pros

You get paid You stay afloat till you can get out

Cons

Unrealistic deadlines set up by project managers who don't have a clue Dispatched over a hundred miles one way from your residence. Essentially a subcontractor Company justifies not paying you all your mileage as "you'd have to commute anyway" A lot of of the positive reviews on here are likely fake, in an effort by the company to hide the truth. This is the dead end sweat shop of I.T. You are a number. Do NOT make the mistake of thinking the company cares about you in any capacity. They truly do not. .

Advice to Management

Beyond hope as far as I can see.

RSS Feed </> Embed