CompuCom

Employer Engaged

Good people

Former Employee - Hardware Technician in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Hardware Technician in Stamford, CT

I worked at CompuCom part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked at UBS for Compucom and it was a great experience with great people. I learned a lot about being a hardware technician and developed great realationships with the manager and other techs

Cons

I only worked there part time, because I was still in high school, I was paid hourly. I did not get to see much of the corporate structure, I only dealt with my project manager

A good company to work

Former Employee - Systems Integration Manager
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Manager

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CompuCom gives you opportunities to grow and they are very selective of talent that grows and develops the best staff.
    They are Nationwide so opportunities abound for those who are free to move to different locations to find work and they try to make a great work environment.

Cons

The typical pay is not that great overall.

Get into the field to meet and know you staff and make meetings have value and continually point to education that will help staff in earning more.

Not the best place to work. Too much politics

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work if not looking for much. Great working environment, great colleagues.

Cons

Dead end job. You must be "sociable" to get anything. Performance reviews? What performance review?

Promote from within

As good a place as any to start a career

Former Employee - Project Lead in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of entry level jobs, good for the young guy that wants to get into an IT company/career.

Cons

Low pay, will take any opportunity to not give you a raise, good place to be if you are content with where you are. Can't say much about senior management, I saw them once in 7 years...

Some a little more appreciation to employee's. Not sure how things are at the home office, but the remote locations, a little recognition goes a long way. Doesn't have to be money, but several company outings away from the office can be a great thing.

Company Review

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the company offers variety and travel reimbursement

Cons

work-life balance, very minimal salary increases across the board.

work-life balance

Employer Review

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job is very demanding and overwhelming. The benefits (Medical) is the same as other companies and obtaining training isn't that of a hassle.

Cons

Poor salary, the work done by managers deserves more pay, you can be a tech and make more money from the travelling compensation.

Review managers pay. It is horrible.

Field Tech

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job was awsome loved it too bad they lost the contract and cut a lot of people

Cons

Know what you are getting into before you higher a bunch of techs the cut them lose

Tough experience ask around.

Current Contractor - Field Service Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Contractor - Field Service Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good experience for first time technicians.

Cons

Communication is difficult to handle.

Communication is key to a successful career.

Avoid Compucom at all cost.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CompuCom

Pros

There were no pros. The experience I had with this company is one of the worst I had.

Cons

Account managers are horrible, they are pretty much just there to collect money of of their contractors, and provide very little assistance when it is needed. There is no Work/Life balance, you will be treated as a money making unit/slave.They only care about how much money you can make for them.

Account managers - Start carding about your contractors, they make you the money. Start actually doing your job.
    "Working" from home, and not being responsive from another state, while "managing" your team is not really something you should be paid for.

This job is going nowhere.

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The checks cash and they will help with certs. The other techs that I have met are good people that have the same Pro's and Con's with this company that I do. We are working on a program that has a 99% customer approval rating...yes, that is a nationwide program covering a couple THOUSAND locations getting a 99% approval rating from the customer. Unheard of, right?

Cons

I took the job because it was a new program that sounded interesting, may lead to something. The low pay was making me hesitate, but then," We will give you a company car and quarterly bonuses" came into play. Sounds Good! I got the car(cannot use as personal) and was told that the FIRST AND LAST HOUR of driving was on my time, not theirs...ok, I'll deal with it. I'll get quarterly bonuses.....NOPE! Some guy crashed his car 2 states away, so no bonus. Why am I held responsible for the actions of someone I do not know and didn't hire? Sounds like a management problem. After a year, I asked about a raise....WE ALL DID. We were told to wait until September...then October...then NOVEMBER...Now December, we are told sometime in the first quarter of the next year, then another raise in the third quarter...you could tell the eyes were rolling from everyone on the one-way conference call. I didn't expect this from a company that did $2.3 BILLION gross in 2012. Everyone's moral is in the toilet. Everyone is expecting a 15 cent/hr slap in the face when/if the management decides to share the good fortune. If you work for this company, get the certs and leave. The extra knowledge will help you elsewhere, not here. This company pays the absolute minimum.

1. We love what we do. We are great at what we do. We are a great team. We really do care about the customer.
    2. Love the customer, hate our own company.
    3. Your Techs do not feel appreciated. They feel lied to and easily replaced by some schmo who will do a bad job,
        lose tools and wreck a car while making the minimum that you will pay.
    4. Our bonuses shouldn't pay for the mistakes of management.
    5. "They think I'm a sucker" is a quote I heard last week.
    6. Its only a matter of time until the customer dumps CompuCom. The revolving door of techs you have learning their infrastructure is a HUGE security risk.
    7. "We appreciate all that you do and this program is a big success because of you." -we hear this all the time from you. We already know this. Money will make it real to the both of us.