CompuGroup Medical US Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Werner Rodorff

Pros
  • Your work-life balance would be better if you actually worked at work (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management has a rough time verbalizing and communicating effectively (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Clueless executives, no job security, ridicules work hours (in 4 reviews)

• No one can believe that this is an actual company run by an adult (in 5 reviews)

1. I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They seem to be interested in the employee's welfare. The benefits are comparable to the industry average.

Cons

Little to no skills training or new software version training is available. Telecommuting is very much frowned upon. They are slow to adopt new versions of software.

2. Okay Company

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

Overall most people at the company are great people to work around. The pay is great but some levels of management are not the the friendliest.

Cons

The insurance benefits are extremely high. For a family you probably end up with a $6,000 deductible.

Disorganized and disrespectful

Current Employee - Tech Support in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, relaxed work environment. Nice coworkers, not too many rules. Decent starting salary for most positions. Convenient location, not much traffic

Cons

The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Management expects you to work UNPAID overtime. Management doesn't value clients or employees. Management not focused, matrix of success change daily. Poor forethought causes more headache than needed.

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who knows what they are doing step up!

Started off as a great company, until the Germans came in and cleaned house, without knowing the U.S. market.

Former Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with great people, thats it.

Cons

Pay, management, merging of 3 companies, outdated software patched up, hard time understanding german accents.

Advice to Management

Run

Positive and welcome changes

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US

Pros

Being with the company for almost 20 years, I have seen my share of good times and bad. The most current change in leadership of our CEO Werner has been a step in the right direction. He is making some very necessary positive and welcome changes in the US. For a period of time, I was becoming concerned about the future of the company, but am now more optimistic than ever.

One of Werner’s best changes has been the hire of Carl Smith, the Lab Division’s general manager/president. Although just starting recently at CGM, Carl has quickly made a positive impact to the Lab Division team. He has transitioned our team from concern about the future to optimism by giving clear direction and promoting open communication and unity. His confident, positive, and performance oriented leadership style exemplifies what he expects from our entire team.

I am very pleased and satisfied that I hung in there during the tough times and am looking forward to more positive changes in the future.

Cons

A 401k match is much needed.

Advice to Management

Continue making improvements that value the employees and improve the company culture.

Positive new changes and a solid direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new employee of less than 6 months, I am impressed with the progress made by management and staff to overcome the challenges and disappointments of the past (as touched on in prior reviews) and embrace a new direction for the company. The new CEO, Werner Rodorff, is genuinely committed to lead in a gentle and temperate manner, while still being effective. I am fortunate to be working with a dedicated group of people who want to do the right things for the company, customers and have really stepped up their efforts to become a cohesive force. I no longer have reservations about the company and am very happy with my decision to accept a position with CGM.

Cons

Improve benefits, staffing levels need to be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue with the progress being made and remember the employees are the key to a successful organization.

**Complete lack of faith in new CEO, COO and direction of company**

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Existing customers this month paying their CGM bills.

Cons

CGM is sinking and the lack of new customers shows the incompetence of the management and authority.

1. Another German CEO who manages by salesforce KPI. I've never seen salesforce close a prospect. Spending time on salesforce instead of with clients seems like a sure way to grow business. I guess it works in Germany.
    2. The COO is completely incompetent in his position. Has no idea of the American market, doesn't understand human beings and has dictator like management. Oh by the way, his only skill is making people use Powerpoint. He also is difficult to understand and mumbles.
    3. Benefits are way too expensive.
    4. Everyone there is interviewing for other jobs. I guess that's a Pro.

Advice to Management

Go back to Europe and let a real Management team takeover.

This is a constantly changing company that is great but extremely hard to work for at the same time.

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

The pros of this company is that the pay can be really good for those who have managers that fight for you to have it and go thru the hassle of creating a presentation to request it.
    The people (non-management) are extremely wonderful to work with and they make the office pleasant to work in.
    You are given a parking space in a parking garage, which is always a plus.
    Some departments do provide flexibility in schedules and if needed the ability to work from home for certain situations if needed.
    The PTO time is based on your years of service, which is great for those that have been with the company for over 6 years.
    There is never a shortage of work needing to be done, this can give the sense of stability but that is not a sure thing either.
    The promotions internally are rare but have been seen.

Cons

Some challenges with the company are the constant rotating of executive management, there have been many CEO's and VP's come thru within the last 6 years. This means constant change in what the focus of that particular CEO/VP is at the time. There is a difference in opinion between current executive management outlook on the employees, one believes knowledge is power and is valuable and should be used to grow our business and the other does not.
    Department managers often are not able to manage they way "they" would like to manage their team due to the influence of their directors.
    There are little to no incentives for the different, hard working departments, unless you are part of the Sales team, other than that do not expect any extra incentive to be provided.
    Be prepared to work long hours, and be flexible to the possibility of cancelling vacations and working weekends as well as this can be requested on very short notice.
    Be prepared that the no matter what the situation, the customer/client is ALWAYS right and you are wrong, the motto is "If you cannot service the client then you should not be working there", you have to an obedient employee and try your hardest not to raise any negative flags in your own direction or you will be reprimanded for it.
    The medical benefits offered are very expensive.
    There are no bonuses (unless you are in Sales) or extra holiday pay provided.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to be available to your employees and try to show some sort of personal interest with the departments that you manage. Be interactive with the people that you require so much from, try to give back to them something positive to show they are appreciated.

I love my team and co-workers. Management is another story.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people in the trenches are dedicated, skilled at their jobs and work well together.

Cons

No evaluations or raises in 2 years. But former management kept changing story of reason.

COO is part of the problem. The CEO was changed and the change was an excellent decision. Unfortunately the COO has not gotten the message that the guerrilla regime is over.

Advice to Management

Get a new COO. Fill your empty management positions.

Good Environment - Compensation, not so Much

Current Employee - N/A in Reisterstown, MD
    Current Employee - N/A in Reisterstown, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Environment, camaraderie, work-life balance, some good perks for traveling employees, decent local leadership and a MUCH improved national leadership recently.

Cons

Low compensation package with expensive medical and no 401k matching, sometimes running on very low personnel, not much room for upward movement.

Advice to Management

Improve salary and compensation for the divisions who are performing.

RSS Feed </> Embed