CompuGroup Medical US Reviews

2.2
Werner Rodorff

1. Positive and welcome changes

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US

Pros

Being with the company for almost 20 years, I have seen my share of good times and bad. The most current change in leadership of our CEO Werner has been a step in the right direction. He is making some very necessary positive and welcome changes in the US. For a period of time, I was becoming concerned about the future of the company, but am now more optimistic than ever.

One of Werner’s best changes has been the hire of Carl Smith, the Lab Division’s general manager/president. Although just starting recently at CGM, Carl has quickly made a positive impact to the Lab Division team. He has transitioned our team from concern about the future to optimism by giving clear direction and promoting open communication and unity. His confident, positive, and performance oriented leadership style exemplifies what he expects from our entire team.

I am very pleased and satisfied that I hung in there during the tough times and am looking forward to more positive changes in the future.

Cons

A 401k match is much needed.

Continue making improvements that value the employees and improve the company culture.

2. Started off as a great company, until the Germans came in and cleaned house, without knowing the U.S. market.

Former Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with great people, thats it.

Cons

Pay, management, merging of 3 companies, outdated software patched up, hard time understanding german accents.

Run

3. Positive new changes and a solid direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a new employee of less than 6 months, I am impressed with the progress made by management and staff to overcome the challenges and disappointments of the past (as touched on in prior reviews) and embrace a new direction for the company. The new CEO, Werner Rodorff, is genuinely committed to lead in a gentle and temperate manner, while still being effective. I am fortunate to be working with a dedicated group of people who want to do the right things for the company, customers and have really stepped up their efforts to become a cohesive force. I no longer have reservations about the company and am very happy with my decision to accept a position with CGM.

Cons

Improve benefits, staffing levels need to be improved.

Continue with the progress being made and remember the employees are the key to a successful organization.

**Complete lack of faith in new CEO, COO and direction of company**

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Existing customers this month paying their CGM bills.

Cons

CGM is sinking and the lack of new customers shows the incompetence of the management and authority.

1. Another German CEO who manages by salesforce KPI. I've never seen salesforce close a prospect. Spending time on salesforce instead of with clients seems like a sure way to grow business. I guess it works in Germany.
    2. The COO is completely incompetent in his position. Has no idea of the American market, doesn't understand human beings and has dictator like management. Oh by the way, his only skill is making people use Powerpoint. He also is difficult to understand and mumbles.
    3. Benefits are way too expensive.
    4. Everyone there is interviewing for other jobs. I guess that's a Pro.

Go back to Europe and let a real Management team takeover.

This is a constantly changing company that is great but extremely hard to work for at the same time.

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

The pros of this company is that the pay can be really good for those who have managers that fight for you to have it and go thru the hassle of creating a presentation to request it.
    The people (non-management) are extremely wonderful to work with and they make the office pleasant to work in.
    You are given a parking space in a parking garage, which is always a plus.
    Some departments do provide flexibility in schedules and if needed the ability to work from home for certain situations if needed.
    The PTO time is based on your years of service, which is great for those that have been with the company for over 6 years.
    There is never a shortage of work needing to be done, this can give the sense of stability but that is not a sure thing either.
    The promotions internally are rare but have been seen.

Cons

Some challenges with the company are the constant rotating of executive management, there have been many CEO's and VP's come thru within the last 6 years. This means constant change in what the focus of that particular CEO/VP is at the time. There is a difference in opinion between current executive management outlook on the employees, one believes knowledge is power and is valuable and should be used to grow our business and the other does not.
    Department managers often are not able to manage they way "they" would like to manage their team due to the influence of their directors.
    There are little to no incentives for the different, hard working departments, unless you are part of the Sales team, other than that do not expect any extra incentive to be provided.
    Be prepared to work long hours, and be flexible to the possibility of cancelling vacations and working weekends as well as this can be requested on very short notice.
    Be prepared that the no matter what the situation, the customer/client is ALWAYS right and you are wrong, the motto is "If you cannot service the client then you should not be working there", you have to an obedient employee and try your hardest not to raise any negative flags in your own direction or you will be reprimanded for it.
    The medical benefits offered are very expensive.
    There are no bonuses (unless you are in Sales) or extra holiday pay provided.

My advice to management is to be available to your employees and try to show some sort of personal interest with the departments that you manage. Be interactive with the people that you require so much from, try to give back to them something positive to show they are appreciated.

I love my team and co-workers. Management is another story.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people in the trenches are dedicated, skilled at their jobs and work well together.

Cons

No evaluations or raises in 2 years. But former management kept changing story of reason.

COO is part of the problem. The CEO was changed and the change was an excellent decision. Unfortunately the COO has not gotten the message that the guerrilla regime is over.

Get a new COO. Fill your empty management positions.

Good Environment - Compensation, not so Much

Current Employee - N/A in Reisterstown, MD
    Current Employee - N/A in Reisterstown, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Environment, camaraderie, work-life balance, some good perks for traveling employees, decent local leadership and a MUCH improved national leadership recently.

Cons

Low compensation package with expensive medical and no 401k matching, sometimes running on very low personnel, not much room for upward movement.

Improve salary and compensation for the divisions who are performing.

Why Can't We Hire Real Professional at CGM. Top Guns Need not to apply at CGM because we want to lose the US Market.

Current Employee - Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sorry but could not discover a single thing in the last 3 years other then, the view from my office. The Company used to be about creating the best software and support for physicians, and now we are just hemorrhaging clients.

Cons

The company needs to I move forward with good candidates that are Top Gun in our industry. All I see is the same type of candidates that know nothing about EHR, EMR, Billing and or Sales. This is what is happening with CGM the old guard (x-ceo) has put in place executives in Boston that lack of knowledge of current medical acronyms ( HL7, Lab interface, ICD-10, etc.) is atrocious. Now the current VP of sales for the WEST PC lives in Boston what a joke the two VP of sales East and West are in Boston. We need a leader for the West Coast. Not a fly out and fly home kind of executive. The last VP of Sales for CGM Medical software division (PM & EHR) was fired after a few months and most of the staff said he did a great job. But what do you want when you work for Col. Klink and Sag. Schultz at (CGM Stalag-13) in Boston or CA.

How CGM got to this position is not baffling to every employee, and the lack of business sense is just one of them. CGM is in the bizarre, "Twilight Zone"-sequel culture. No one can believe that this is an actual company run by an adult. The biggest farce is the direction and strategy that management speaks of - it's never been specifically communicated to anyone and the day-to-day operation certainly doesn't reflect it either.

CGM US would rather bring a new hirer that know nothing, nix, nil, zero of what our company does, and hope they can pick it up fast. The executive staff(COO, and Others) are out to Lunch & Dinner. The reviewed Apr 8, 2014 by norbert f is not what CGM is about in todays work place.

CGM has little respect for their clients and employees. That coupled with their amazing propensity for poor decision making, I can honestly say that I will be surprised if CGM US doesn’t go out of business in the near future.

AS A CURRENT EMPLOYEE

1. Sell CGM to a competitor and let employees free.

2. OR get rid of the COO like you got ride of last ceo. CGM's motley crew who make a life out of yelling, down grading and create a hostile work place.

3. Old ceo said “in 2-3 years many EMR/PM companies will be long gone”. This is true and CGM will be one of the company’s.

I'd place my money on CGM because it has the backing, history and leadership to weather the storms and increase market share. This is False history has shown leadership has put this company in the toilet.

This company makes the wrong moves and treats people and clients badly”. Customers don’t like CGM’s pompous, arrogant, bloated and pontificating ways” and soon a large block of California & Western US clients will be leaving CGM and not one or two but 40 to 80.

CGM US/AG Just don't get it. We need people that know the medical industry and physicians.!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Executive Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is nothing great about this company. Being part of a merger is how I came to CGM, and we are not CANCER FREE as the Aug 1 review may say! Why because (norbert f) has hired his clone that don’t know our industry. The new regime is fine with Status Quo of Cancer in the company.

Cons

CGM has a complete lack of vision for the products they carry coupled with a turnover rate that had working with a completely new team almost every year. The work hours, 18-20 per days as a salary employee with no compensation was ridiculous, along with the laughable deadlines placed on projects by management. They continue to hemorrhage clients and never replace exiting employees with comparably skilled people.

CGM would rather bring new hires that know nothing about what we do as a company. The executive staff is out to Lunch, and yes the review dated Apr 8, 2014 was posted by norbert F. I hope the new CEO will learn from all of his former colleagues what to do with CGM US, like GET NEW BLOOD IN OUR COMPANY. Because the continual hemorrhaging of clients and never replace exiting employees with comparably skilled people is killing CGM.

Hire people that know EMR-EHR-PM- Lab interface’s-HL7 and I could go on and on.Stop hiring people that may have a Ph.D after their name. Make sure the rest of management in the US Stop’s yelling, down grading and create a hostile work place.

I share my feelings on this with the hopes that there may be the slightest chance of swallowing your pride and that hundreds more people don't lose their jobs/careers. So that physicians aren't forced to go to your competitors.

Too Far Behind To Catch Up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

Great teamwork within teams, fair/market-based compensation

Cons

German company trying to make an entry in the US healthcare market without understanding the local US market dynamics--thinking that physician workflow in the US is the same as in the EU.

Hire leadership from the US market vs. bringing in leaders from the European corporate office.

CompuGroup Medical US Photos