CompuGroup Medical US Reviews

Good Environment - Compensation, not so Much

Current Employee - N/A  in  Reisterstown, MD
    Current Employee - N/A in Reisterstown, MD

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Environment, camaraderie, work-life balance, some good perks for traveling employees, decent local leadership and a MUCH improved national leadership recently.

Cons

Low compensation package with expensive medical and no 401k matching, sometimes running on very low personnel, not much room for upward movement.

Improve salary and compensation for the divisions who are performing.

I love my team and co-workers. Management is another story.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people in the trenches are dedicated, skilled at their jobs and work well together.

Cons

No evaluations or raises in 2 years. But former management kept changing story of reason.

COO is part of the problem. The CEO was changed and the change was an excellent decision. Unfortunately the COO has not gotten the message that the guerrilla regime is over.

Get a new COO. Fill your empty management positions.

CGM US/AG Just don't get it. We need people that know the medical industry and physicians.!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Executive Management  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is nothing great about this company. Being part of a merger is how I came to CGM, and we are not CANCER FREE as the Aug 1 review may say! Why because (norbert f) has hired his clone that don’t know our industry. The new regime is fine with Status Quo of Cancer in the company.

Cons

CGM has a complete lack of vision for the products they carry coupled with a turnover rate that had working with a completely new team almost every year. The work hours, 18-20 per days as a salary employee with no compensation was ridiculous, along with the laughable deadlines placed on projects by management. They continue to hemorrhage clients and never replace exiting employees with comparably skilled people.

CGM would rather bring new hires that know nothing about what we do as a company. The executive staff is out to Lunch, and yes the review dated Apr 8, 2014 was posted by norbert F. I hope the new CEO will learn from all of his former colleagues what to do with CGM US, like GET NEW BLOOD IN OUR COMPANY. Because the continual hemorrhaging of clients and never replace exiting employees with comparably skilled people is killing CGM.

How CGM got to this position is not baffling to every employee, and the lack of business sense is just one of them. CGM is in the bizarre, "Twilight Zone"-sequel culture. No one can believe that this is an actual company run by an adult. The biggest farce is the direction and strategy that management speaks of - it's never been specifically communicated to anyone and the day-to-day operation certainly doesn't reflect it either.

Hire people that know EMR-EHR-PM- Lab interface’s-HL7 and I could go on and on.Stop hiring people that may have a Ph.D after their name. Make sure the rest of management in the US Stop’s yelling, down grading and create a hostile work place.

CGM has little respect for their clients and employees. That coupled with their amazing propensity for poor decision making, I can honestly say that I will be surprised if CGM US doesn’t go out of business in the near future.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too Far Behind To Catch Up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

Great teamwork within teams, fair/market-based compensation

Cons

German company trying to make an entry in the US healthcare market without understanding the local US market dynamics--thinking that physician workflow in the US is the same as in the EU.

Hire leadership from the US market vs. bringing in leaders from the European corporate office.

A revolving door of management and failed policies

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There was nothing I enjoyed about working for this company. Being part of a merger is how I came to work for them.

Cons

A complete lack of vision for the products I was involved with coupled with a turnover rate that had me working with a completely new team almost every year. The expectation to work 18-20 hour days as a salary employee with no compensation was ridiculous, along with the laughable deadlines placed on projects by management. They continue to hemorrhage clients and never replace exiting employees with comparably skilled people.

There is little advice that can be given; chiefly because upper management changes almost yearly.

The April 8 Review Was Written By Management To Try and Defend Itself

Current Employee - Sales  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is nothing positive that can be said about this company. It is an absolutely miserable place to be an employee.

Cons

Management. Period. End of story. Nothing but disrespectful and insulting. How the CEO got this position is baffling to every employee. Zero business sense. Has instilled a bizarre, "Twilight Zone"-esque culture. No one can believe that this is an actual company run by an adult. The biggest farce is the direction and strategy he speaks of - it's never been specifically communicated to anyone and the day-to-day operation certainly doesn't reflect it either.

Please quit. You make people miserable. It would be one thing if your style delivered results and success, but all you are doing is ruining this company.

I'm at the point where I hate going to sleep at night because I don't want to wake up and face work each morning....

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time

Pros

I've had the pleasure of working with and learning from some really great people over the years. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I've had to learn multiple aspects of this business from talented and passionate people, many in whom I would now consider my friend. However....most have recently left or are leaving and those that are still here... are only here because they haven't had the time to find something else.

Cons

This company has struggled for several years as upper management has listened to the wrong people and have gone way too far down the wrong path...so I do believe that current management came in to a pretty big mess. However, their decisions and management style have only escalated this downward momentum. I have lost all hope that this company is capable of recovering, let alone succeeding.

This company went from being competitive to having poor performing products and they are so far behind the times that all we are doing is playing catch up. There is absolutely no pro-active development or innovation going on here.

Instead of fostering growth within talented employees, they are micro-managers of the worst kind. They choose the strangest things to micro-manage and set you up to fail. I have seen skilled, successful grown adults torn down and made to feel like fools over the silliest issues.

They set unrealistic release goals and keep them regardless of the negative consequences. They don't care that their (dwindling) clients and staff suffer. I don't blame the DEV team because they are severely understaffed and treated so poorly. How can you get quality work out of people who are continually over worked and so disrespected? Management pats themselves on their backs because they've met their date (sort of), but the product sucks and the clients and all support staff suffer.

There are daily, ridiculous, random, demands placed on all employees with no explanations. Employees are commonly assigned tasks that are totally out of their realm of expertise with no explanation and little or no direction. Every random demand is an emergency and these emergencies are never ending. I see band aide after band aide placed everywhere. I understand that this is their style of management...creating conflict and competition can be motivating. It works in the SHORT TERM. Ultimately the band aides fail and you fatally hemorrhage great employees and clients.

There is no regard for balancing life between work and family. It is very clear that this current management doesn't have respect for family life. Happy people work to live, this management expects their employees to live to work.

I have spent way too much time trying to understand their decisions and actions...I can't for the life of me figure out why they do what they do. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it is their ultimate goal to run this company in to the ground.

If you truly want the company to be competitive in the near future, then you should trust who hire and give them the respect that they deserve. You should communicate your decisions and actions with your employees. Creating fear and disrespectfully spouting off demands to adults with no explanation as to why, tears a company apart. You have no hope of pulling this off if you don't have a cohesive team.

Speechless

I worked at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people in the trenches are very nice and care about the customers.

Cons

CEO Norbert Fischel cannot seem to communicate direction unless using degrading remarks

clearly communicating corporate vision and direction will help employees understand what the you are doing to the company. The best talent in the company have left or are looking for jobs. No one ones if they will close today or next year. I was not in sales, but am not aware of enough new deals to keep things going since the customers are migrating faster than the employees.

CompuGroup Medical, At one time a great place to work. Not so much anymore

Current Employee - Product Development  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Company used to be about creating the best software and support for the end user. It was a great environment to work in and a great company to work for. The key word being was. Keeping on top of the needs and want of healthcare professionals and industry mandates.

Cons

It seems the direction of the company is to lower costs so the "Share Holders" see a false return on their investment. However with all the layoffs and most of the knowledgeable talent either leaving or being let go, the focus is not on continuing to develop software that is useful to anyone in the healthcare industry. There are not enough programmers to get the code to work correctly, much less bring it in to the current era. It seems the focus on Management is to make it appear that the company is profitable on paper. I believe if you asked 99% of the current employees as well as anyone who has been employed within the past 5 years, they will all give the same opinion. The new Management both do not know the industry, at least in the US, yet try to micro manage all of the departments. The only division that actually makes a profit is the Lab division out of Owing mills, MD and that is because the team running that division is knowledgeable and good at what they do. I would like to believe that employment for this company would improve in the near future, but honestly do not see that happening under the reign of the current corporate management.

There have been a lot of talented, great hard working people that are still employed at CGM. I have always found that if you treat people with respect and dignity, they will perform and produce for you. If you micro manage and have everyone worried that they may lose their job tomorrow, then you should not expect that anyone would want to give it their all. It takes a team of knowledgeable people to put together a good sold product. Let developers develop, let sales people sell, let managers manage. If you were able to do it all, or do it well, you would do it yourself and not have to have employees in the first place. I share my feelings on this with the hopes that there may be the slightest chance of swallowing your pride and that hundreds more people don't lose their jobs/careers. So that physicians aren't forced to go to your competitors.

Change happens. CGM is positioned to win for the long term.

I have been working at CompuGroup Medical US for less than a year

Pros

CGM is not a perfect company. NO company is. IT is true that CGM has had quite a bit of change over the past few years, but the right leadership is in place with a forward thinking strategy. The products are being re-tooled and refined which positions us very well. In 2-3 years many EMR/PM companies will be long gone. I'd place my money on CGM becaause it has the backing, history and leadership to weather the storms and increase marketshare. THe CEO (N. Fischl) continues to make the right moves within the company. He is committed to winning new customers and old customers back. I see only positive momentum going forward.

Cons

Perhaps better health benefits in the future.

Keep going forward with the strategy. Reward the ones that support and believe in CGM.

Worked for CompuGroup Medical US? Contribute to the Community!