CompuSystems

Updated January 29, 2015
2.9

Clark Williams

Love the Industry

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at CSI for almost 9 years and am looking forward to many more. My position has evolved, changed and expanded over the years. I've had many opportunities over the past 9 years and have grown in each of my roles. CSI allows employees to move within the company which allows for growth and to keep employees happy. We have a new management team and I'm truly excited about the future. We moved recently to a beautiful office coupled with new leadership it almost feels like a new energized company. Life at CSI is never boring and I can't wait for what is on the horizon for CSI and the team.

Cons

Every company has challenges but its how a company addresses the challenges. The management's doors are always open to listen if you encounter a challenge. There is a team environment so if an employee runs into an internal or external challenge there is always a sounding board for us to come together to find a resolution.

Schedule training classes on our products would be awesome. Management is adding in new employee engagement programs and I'm excited for our team.

A nice place to work.

I have been working at CompuSystems

Pros

I've been at the company for many years now. We just moved into a beautiful new office (close to many major expressways) that is leaps and bounds better than the old office. They offer the ability to work from home, tuition reimbursement, weekly chair massages, yoga and fitness classes and more. Most recently, there has been a noticeable (not just to me) improvement in communication from upper management. There are weekly emails sent out by the President updating us on what happened the past week, in addition to management acknowledging employees who have gone above and beyond for whatever reason. Not only does a pat on the back go a long way, but the communication itself helps with having an interest in the company succeeding. I think they're on the right track.

Cons

As with any job, there are cons. The trade show industry can be exhausting sometimes with deadlines and swings in workload. I'm optimistic that with the new platform they're developing, this will be alleviated.

Keep up what you're doing. I know it's only been a couple of months, but people are noticing and it's making a difference.

Jan 23, 2015President

Dear Valued Anonymous Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

I'm very happy to hear that the changes we're making to our management

So far so good...

Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting industry, fast paced environment, and very supportive managers. I've been an account manager for a few years and I really like my job and the people I work with. I've received a pay raise every year I have been here. They have lots of good perks: work from home, flexible schedule, company parties, yoga, wellness classes.

Cons

Can be tough at times juggling multiple client requests at once; some of the processes and procedures are outdated; long hours when you have to work a show.

More staff communication -- corporate initiatives, where the company is headed, new products and services.

Dear Valued ESM,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very happy that you like your job, the people you work with and the perks. It's great to hear the managers are supporting you properly.

We
    ... More

No training or knowledge of correct processes.

I worked at CompuSystems

Pros

Location is fine and it's in an o.k. location.

Cons

There was no training at all. Management thinks you're supposed to know everything from the start and it's impossible with all of their applications that also tend to not work well together anyway. Very subpar management skills exist with some in charge. Knowledge of their own applications seem to be terrible at best.

When putting someone in charge of a new department, make sure they know what the heck they're doing, because it ruins cultures and future employees will think twice about working there because of posts like this.

Dear Anonymous Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you at CSI. We always hire with the best intentions and hope our team members will stay for a
    ... More

CSI is an okay place to work

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are okay, the work is okay, the pay is okay, and the people are okay. The tradeshow industry is constantly evolving and I think there is definitely a place to grow (IT and/or event services). There are a lot of employees who have been with the company for a very long time and I tend to think that must be a good sign.

Cons

The problem is that everything is just okay. Your salary will never dramatically increase but neither will your hours. This an ideal company if you live in the western suburbs.

Work on transparency. You might get some great insight from employees if you let them know what's actually going on!

Dear Anonymous Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you at CSI but I do hope your three years here were enjoyable and I do appreciate your hard work

NO ROOM FOR GROWTH!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The co-workers are friendly. The work hours and location is convenient hours. That pretty much sums it up.

Cons

There is no room for growth within the company. Pay raises are at a freeze. How does an employer have employees and not give a raise in 3 years. It is very depressing! Company should incorporate paid sick days or sick days without pay that way someone won't have to worry about being forced to come to work while they are sick and spreading their germs. The only benefits paid holidays and vacation days which the vacation days must be preapproved. Company's attendance policy is crappy.

Manage your management and treat everyone equal. Inflation is rising, therefore pay should rise. As the company take on more clients there should be better pay. Have some incentives for your loyal employees. Poor management, makes the morale of the employees decrease.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

You are right, we have a lot of friendly people here and our location is even better at our new office in Downers Grove

Challenging, Fun

Current Employee - Programmer in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work as a programmer. The projects I work on are large and require input and feedback from multiple departments. They are very challenging because there are a lot of moving parts to the software. There's a lot of functionality. That's the part I enjoy. I do work on maintenance as well. Not as often though. That part is challenging as well because I didn't write the code.

Cons

The cons are I really want to start working on all the new things that are coming. I'd prefer not to maintain the legacy platform but I know we'll all be focused on the new soon so it doesn't bother me much.

Get to the new stuff as quickly as possible. That's what the team wants to work on.

Dear Valued Programmer,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you like your job. You and all your fellow programmers are extremely valuable to us.

I, along with your

Web Programmer

Former Employee - Junior Web Developer/Programmer in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - Junior Web Developer/Programmer in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is close to home. Experience is there at times if you are willing to experiment a little beyond their set standard box.

Cons

Double the hours in overtime, work life balance sucks, pay is low, raises are non-existent, promotions are non-existent. Appreciation is hardly seen at this company. You are worked like a dog and treated worst then one.

Get a different job. Scheduling is not part an acquired skill set of yours. Go back to school and learn a little more in the technologies that your staff are using. Or try to get a little taste of what you are dishing to your staff and see if you would like it. You may actually find something to change.

Dear Former Web Programmer,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you at CSI. We always hire with the intention of our team members staying for a long, long time
    ... More

This place does not make happy workers.

Former Employee - IOS Developer in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - IOS Developer in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There really isn't anything positive I can say about this place.

Cons

Lots of office politics. Some VERY unprofessional behavior, including verbal abuse.

Greedy but stupid. You'd make even more money if you kept your employees happy. You don't necessarily have to pay them more, just give them better managers and treat them like people rather than possessions or game tokens for your use and disposal.

Jan 15, 2015President

Dear former iOS Developer,

I'm very sorry your experience at CompuSystems did not work out. We are constantly striving to make CSI a great place to work. Under no circumstances do we tolerate

Fast

Current Employee - Customer Service in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a dull day, very busy and slow at times

Cons

when people don't come to work you have to do there work and your work too

Jan 18, 2015President

Dear Valued Customer Service Rep,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. You are on the front-lines and you are absolutely correct when you say there's not a dull day.