www.compusystems.com

So far so good...

Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting industry, fast paced environment, and very supportive managers. I've been an account manager for a few years and I really like my job and the people I work with. I've received a pay raise every year I have been here. They have lots of good perks: work from home, flexible schedule, company parties, yoga, wellness classes.

Cons

Can be tough at times juggling multiple client requests at once; some of the processes and procedures are outdated; long hours when you have to work a show.

More staff communication -- corporate initiatives, where the company is headed, new products and services.

CSI is an okay place to work

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are okay, the work is okay, the pay is okay, and the people are okay. The tradeshow industry is constantly evolving and I think there is definitely a place to grow (IT and/or event services). There are a lot of employees who have been with the company for a very long time and I tend to think that must be a good sign.

Cons

The problem is that everything is just okay. Your salary will never dramatically increase but neither will your hours. This an ideal company if you live in the western suburbs.

Work on transparency. You might get some great insight from employees if you let them know what's actually going on!

NO ROOM FOR GROWTH!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The co-workers are friendly. The work hours and location is convenient hours. That pretty much sums it up.

Cons

There is no room for growth within the company. Pay raises are at a freeze. How does an employer have employees and not give a raise in 3 years. It is very depressing! Company should incorporate paid sick days or sick days without pay that way someone won't have to worry about being forced to come to work while they are sick and spreading their germs. The only benefits paid holidays and vacation days which the vacation days must be preapproved. Company's attendance policy is crappy.

Manage your management and treat everyone equal. Inflation is rising, therefore pay should rise. As the company take on more clients there should be better pay. Have some incentives for your loyal employees. Poor management, makes the morale of the employees decrease.

Challenging, Fun

Current Employee - Programmer in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work as a programmer. The projects I work on are large and require input and feedback from multiple departments. They are very challenging because there are a lot of moving parts to the software. There's a lot of functionality. That's the part I enjoy. I do work on maintenance as well. Not as often though. That part is challenging as well because I didn't write the code.

Cons

The cons are I really want to start working on all the new things that are coming. I'd prefer not to maintain the legacy platform but I know we'll all be focused on the new soon so it doesn't bother me much.

Get to the new stuff as quickly as possible. That's what the team wants to work on.

Web Programmer

Former Employee - Junior Web Developer/Programmer in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - Junior Web Developer/Programmer in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The job is close to home. Experience is there at times if you are willing to experiment a little beyond their set standard box.

Cons

Double the hours in overtime, work life balance sucks, pay is low, raises are non-existent, promotions are non-existent. Appreciation is hardly seen at this company. You are worked like a dog and treated worst then one.

Get a different job. Scheduling is not part an acquired skill set of yours. Go back to school and learn a little more in the technologies that your staff are using. Or try to get a little taste of what you are dishing to your staff and see if you would like it. You may actually find something to change.

This place does not make happy workers.

Former Employee - IOS Developer in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - IOS Developer in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There really isn't anything positive I can say about this place.

Cons

Lots of office politics. Some VERY unprofessional behavior, including verbal abuse.

Greedy but stupid. You'd make even more money if you kept your employees happy. You don't necessarily have to pay them more, just give them better managers and treat them like people rather than possessions or game tokens for your use and disposal.

Fast

Current Employee - Customer Service in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a dull day, very busy and slow at times

Cons

when people don't come to work you have to do there work and your work too

Like it so far!

Current Employee - Event Services in Broadview, IL
    Current Employee - Event Services in Broadview, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers and management seems to care about the people.
    Casual environment.
    Work from home few days a week.
    Free weekly chair massages and yoga class.
    Also great health benefits.

Cons

Building is OLD, cubicles and offices are small, but there is a big move into a new building the end of this year.
    Customers can be unreasonably difficult.

Make sure training is complete and follow through with new hires to be sure they are up to speed. Makes everyone's job easier if training is solid.

Fast-paced environment with little room to advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers, easy access from many major roads, parking is widely available. Casual jean dress code for those who like to be comfortable. 15min massage sessions once a month were given at my time there. Some fitness club and yoga. Some after work activities initiated by employees like meeting up after work for a drink or ball play.

Cons

The pros are pretty much your co-workers that will help you or offer you a shoulder to cry. There is one review here that made me laugh so hard because this person had the full CSI experience “A sinking ship, don't even bother.” Fully illustrates the life of a programmer or developer and two other reviews were very informative “Don't waste your time and skills here. CSI is not a place for career growth.” And “CSI needs to get it together”

CONS
    Consistent lay offs
    Lose a client, lose staff roller coaster (someday commented this and I couldn’t agree more).
    Little or No training.
    Revolving Door (here today and gone tomorrow) sometimes you don’t even get a chance to meet that person assigned to your team!
    Most positions required to put in long hours, work weekends and be on call.

Everybody was in a salary freeze for 3 years. If you get a raise (that if you get one), prepare for a 1% or 1.5% (and it will never match the cost of living) be happy with that or no raises ever. They can start another salary freeze at any time so don’t push it.

Negative environment, most people there hate it, frustration and stress is on the roof! At least everybody has something in common right?

I can't think of any pros that were beneficial to me in a personal or professional way. As many here mentioned, technology is outdated, custom made and the experience you gain here can’t be applied in other companies.

I am seeing positive 4 and 5 star reviews of the company here and that makes me think that management is desperately trying to increase their ratings by writing some reviews themselves or were made by new employees within their first months or year that have not yet experienced the big waves that will soon hit them.

People would continually leave and they would not be replaced, some are replaced by new graduates that would instantly quit once they had a feeling for the departments, the stress and the long hours.

No real advancement opportunities, I have seen people in the same position for many years. When they promote people, they usually play favoritism. They promote who they like and not who is best prepared for the position. This is why they lose many talented people.

Most promotions are just lateral moves, you get a new title and you are given more responsibilities. The only increase you get is an increase in your workload. Forget about that raise/incentive for your new position “you should be happy with your fancy title!” I think of many examples of people who had these “promotions” but I rather don’t say anything and maintain these examples anonymous for their own good.

When people leave, they don’t fill the position. They give you all of the responsibilities with no financial incentive. Call this "an opportunity to prove yourself". No, even if you managed to do it, don’t even think they will give you a promotion. You just proved you can take more work and that's what they will give you, more work.

I have a lot of ESM friends. Some have quit and some are still in the company. My advice to you is to think it twice because if you have kids, this position may not be for you. This position requires working after hours and some weekends if you are in a project or onsite and the position requires a good amount of travel. Most ESM’s are either recently graduated young girls or single women. Everything is all good until they marry or decide to have kids and that’s when problems start, when you want to spend more time with your kid or significant other and that’s not possible because of your job. This is why many quit or don’t come back from maternity leave. The veterans ESM’s who have been with the company for so long either have grown up kids or are working part-time, a privilege for a very few. If you are looking for a work-life balance position, this is probably not for you.

Don't' be greedy with raises. Stop the lie of the bad economy to freeze salaries, nobody believes that lie anymore. Listen to your employees, they are the base of your success. Hire more people and distribute responsibilities.

Compusystems is not sure where they want to be in the future.

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They allow for Work life balance

Cons

Consistent lay offs whole I was employed there.

Need to make investments to get up to proper technology and software to keep up with the competition or the organization will not make it.

CompuSystems Photos