Compunetix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Giorgio Coraluppi

a stable place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe pressure for engineering position isn't high.

ConsIt is a family business.

Glad the pain is over!

Conferencing (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible time off. Free coffee. Ability to sell back extra paid time off hours.

ConsNo career progression. No future plan to bring back customers lost. No 401k???? Layoffs frequently. Facility is old and falling apart. No communication. No training. No respect as a human being. You will be treated poorly everyday your employment continues. This is not a company for long term growth. Lazy upper management. Customers are pulling out frequently and finding cost effective and professional solutions elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnroll in management training courses. Ask yourselves one question daily "Why are my employees so miserable? "

Nice people friendly work environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Monroeville, PA

Prosgood medical benefits, friendly environment

Consvery few promotions, compensation is low, management is conservative doesn't focus on employee training

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in new technologies, make workspace attractive by hiring younger folks, provide more training and incentives

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Prosmore preferences for women especially

Consnothing i did not see

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Great place for a job, poor place for a career

ProsJob security, great medical benefits, tuition reimbursement

Conslow pay, no career growth, management out of touch with actual operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your best employees properly, and pay more attention to what goes on.

Good company, offering good work and decent pay for a city like Pittsburgh, where lifestyle is not very expensive.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsBalanced, good work, good management

Conslesser pay, located in Pittsburgh which is not quite popular for youth lifestyle

Great place to work if your looking for stability.

Engineer (Current Employee) Monroeville, PA

ProsFlexible hours. Low pressure for engineering position. Management structure is fairly flat so discussions with upper level management is possible.

ConsManagement structure is fairly flat so upper level positions are few. Stability is too good that abrasive employees are not properly dealt with. Standard raises every year, above average employees not awarded appropriately.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees for effort above and beyond what is necessary. Discipline employees for inappropriate workplace habits.

Software Engineer Intern

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat people working there. The place is very laid back and the brass are all easy to talk to. It is a very unique place to work since they do everything from the ground up in house. As far as an intern talking, probably the best decision I've ever made it to take this job. I got to do meaningful work on real projects. How many interns can say that?

ConsI'm only an intern so I really don't think I could think of any cons.

Great place to work!

Salaried Software Engineer (Current Employee) Monroeville, PA

ProsStable company, yearly reviews and increases, allows you to be creative with your suggestions. Challenging work load.

ConsSome Sr Management better than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are good resources, listen to their suggestions.

Be careful.

Engineer (Current Employee) Monroeville, PA

ProsGreat technology and products, pay is decent, benefits are OK, retirement plan is questionable. They do their own design and manufacturing, which is nice because everything is done at the same place.

ConsIt is an unusual family-owned culture. The usual politics in a family-owned company seem to be multiplied. But the biggest caveat, is that they are an "at will" employer and will not hesitate to exploit this loophole. You can be let go without notice, and without reason -- it happened to somebody not far from my department. Watch yourself with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified managers, not simply relatives of the owner. Not that you can help the owner's decisions -- just my theoretical advice.

Worked for Compunetix? Contribute to the Community!