Compusearch

Updated February 15, 2015
Updated February 15, 2015
4.1

Reid H. Jackson

Excellent company, really cares for employees

Current Employee - Consultant in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Compusearch

Pros

Compusearch really is a family oriented company. They care about their employees lives outside of work. Unlimited sick days, 401k matching, education reimbursement are all things they offer.

Cons

They seem to pay slightly below the bigger companies which is understandable due to their size.

Try to help out the consultants on site to help them still feel like they work at Compusearch. You feel a little forgotten about.

CSS

I have been working at Compusearch

Pros

Great opportunities for entry level consultants to take on roles with high responsibility.

Cons

Career growth stalls after a few years.

Compusearch made it very easy to let you feel like you fit in and the learning curve was low.

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Compusearch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compusearch is very diverse and holds events celebrating many cultures. There is a fun atmosphere while located in the Dulles office. They do also hold events to bring back all the contracted consultants to meet in one location for drinks.

Cons

If you are a consultant, you will be placed in one of the clients locations most likely. It really is just luck of the draw on where you are put. Once hired, you do not know where you will be located until placement. This could range from all over DC and into Virginia, and Maryland.

Some consultants "drop like flies" and Compusearch does not always fill those positions quick enough. Thus, you can be left understaffed at your client's location until further notice.

Stable Job and Good Place for Begnieers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I worked at Compusearch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quite Stable Job. Well Process oriented. Fairly new technology. Very friendly people, some are quite helpful. Opportunity to learn. Not very aggressive schedules.

Cons

Management's lack of vision is hurting company. In-Competent people are getting support from the management. Hard work goes unnoticed. Growth depends on the luck.

Try to know the employee more and know about their expertise. Talented employees are left without any growth and recognition while kiss-as$ employee are promoted and recognized.

A very good company to work for, who treats their employees well.

I worked at Compusearch

Pros

-Good work/life balance
    -Pretty good salary for the position and the size of the company (though they are not big enough to compete with the big boys salary wise)
    -Excellent on site benefits (they cover tolls, metro fare and mileage minus the distance to the home office)
    -Get off on all government holidays and the day after thanksgiving
    -Unless you are a manager, you don't have to worry about utilization rates, so you can actually use all you vacation time.
    -Unlimited sick time (to a point; if you take 3 days off in a row or 5 days in a month you need a doctors note), so if you get hit with a massive illness you don't have to worry about using all your PTO recovering
    -Senior management generally treats their employees with respect and the people at the company are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

-Management does decide which client you will work with and you don't have a whole of say in it unfortunately. Generally though they are looking out for your best interest.
    -The benefits overall are very good (vision, dental, health, 401K matching etc.) but the health insurance is with United; which is considered somewhat of a "bottom of the barrel" health insurance company. This can really hurt your pocket book when you have to get expensive prescriptions and then see your copay and wonder why you even have health insurance to begin with.
    -Since Compusearch really only does one thing your a bit limited career wise as to where you can go; if you get bored with acquisitions software it might be best to leave sooner rather then later so you aren't stuck doing that your whole career.

Overall Senior management is doing a good job. They did have to make some cuts recently due to government cuts. My advice would be to better anticipate those cuts by making good financial decisions (ie saving up some more cash) so you don't have to layoff more employees in the future. Focus on what you do well and only start new projects if you have the finances to cover it if it fails.

Good place to work

I worked at Compusearch

Pros

Great on-site benefits, helpful trainers, strong focus on ensuring employee satisfaction at Dulles Headquarters. Rotation possible, tuition reimbursement, overall a great place to work.

Cons

Tends to be chaotic: a lot of different work and projects you have to handle. On the call center you really have to keep track of deadlines.

Please take the time to associate more with employees. Free fruit day and similar programs are a great way to expand past the stereotypical water-cooler activities and help people network in the company.

Compusearch is a successful and growing company that is very supportive and encouraging to its employees on many levels.

I have been working at Compusearch

Pros

Compusearch is not only a client focussed company but continually strives to provide every opportunity for its employess to achieve the work-life balance needed for each of us to thrive. There are numerous opportunities for an employee to grow and advance in their current field of work as well as to learn new skills within other areas of the company. I have seen many employess, including myself, grow both personally and professionally since I have been here.

Cons

This section is a bit more difficult to write. Overall, I would say that the biggest downside I see is the level of medical benefits we have to choose from. Understanding that the company has to keep these costs under control, I believe the company is doing what it can. I would like to see additional specialized dental coverage added to our policy.

I am very secure in our senior management's ability to effectively and successfully run our company. Our management team is a group of intelligent, driven, success-minded and caring individuals which make up the core of our diverse and successful corporate culture. The leadership consistently encourages and supports the type of commradery that makes our company a team.