Computech Reviews

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014

3.3

RAM KANCHARLA

Do not work for this company

I have been working at Computech

Pros

Nothing much
    All I have is very bad experiences

Cons

1.will not get paid on time
    2.they will manipulate no of hours worked
    3.severly underpaid

Horrible, Simply Horrible.

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Computech as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They dole out contract-based employment.

Cons

Where to begin:

* No benefits in the slightest. No option (!) for PTO, insurance or vacation. Time off? Forget it - unless you're willing to lie, cheat, and steal for it.
    * There have been occasions where pay has been "delayed". How on Earth can that happen? Bottom line? It shouldn't. Ever.
    * Reviews? Raises? Upward mobility? Room to move? Laugh along with me.
    * I have seen contract people promised (verbally, mind you) permanent placement by CompuTech staff when that very member of the staff shouldn't be doing so. Lo and behold, that employee's contract expired and he and she was out the door. Extremely unprofessional.
    * Though I have never been ill or had an appointment become an issue - I have been exposed to numerous accounts of people being worked over and drilled into the pavement regarding the aforementioned (the company apparently has an exclusive contract with CompuTech). Real life issues and no way to accomodate? Really?
    * CEO of CompuTech can't be much better than the people working for him if he allows all these things to happen.
    * Since the business is run by primarily Middle Easterners (Indians), the dialect is extremely difficult to understand, much less comprehend. Half of my energy is spent trying to decipher what the person has or had said. Even some of their own documentation has grammatical and punctuation errors. This should not be.
    * By and far, one of the worst means of attention to detail I have dealt with. No fixed start date (sometimes). Insistence on all documents being sent hard copy (no scan or fax acceptable as a gesture of goodwill). Critical and pertinent details not given - I have had to call multiple times to ascertain simple details such as time of day, location, mode of dress (their "handbook" tries to force business professional virtually in all instances).

Lastly, I have no idea why one of the reviews here states not to work for them but gives them FOUR stars overall. Sigh.

L2P (Learn to play). Seriously, if you are the middleman in affairs such these, you have a duty to be diligent about giving information. You also have the burden to ensure an individual as enough information so that he or she has a fighting chance at being prepared for on-the-job matters. Understand if an employee is ill or sick and has a doctor's note stating as such, give credit where it is due.

Easy to get hired, but wouldn't want to stay long

Former Employee - Customer Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Computech as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was recruited by this employer to work on NCR contract. Phone interview, drug test and I was in. If looking to make some money while waiting for the dream job, this fits the bill.

Cons

Although I was an employee, there were no benefits. No insurance, PTO or vacation. Salary was okay, but this was not a long-term career move.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, Good company

Current Employee - Workstation Technician  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Workstation Technician in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Computech as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good job come from them, Some reasons I feel confident I’m candidate you’re searching for regarding the jobs .I have offer excellent communication skills, problem solving, have technical skills in assembling, configuring, troubleshooting, And repairing, testing Electronic, Computer.

Cons

Technical skills in assembling, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing, testing Electronic, Computer.

I can do this job, It's in my field, It's the right job for me

Was okay for an entry level position. A workplace that people can get comfortable in for the longrun.

Current Employee - Technical Operations  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Operations in Washington, DC

I have been working at Computech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location was good, very convenient. People were friendly but could at times be too personal with their work (almost to the point of being unprofessional)

Cons

Management was poor, offers were weak

pay more so that employees aren't worried about

Good company to Work and Learn

I have been working at Computech

Pros

Working with experienced recruiter's and good environment to learn from them!!

Cons

I haven't faced anything yet

Worked for Computech? Contribute to the Community!