Computer Design and Integration

Computer Design and Integration Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eric Bakker

One of the best places, family company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery family oriented, one of the best places I have ever worked. great salary. Great owners, in fact they take the company on a paid holiday to the tropics every year!

ConsI really don't have anything bad to say. I had to move away due to family reasons or I would have stayed

Sounded like a great opportunity until I started working here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGood teamwork with local coworkers, excellent pay, ability to work from home whenever needed.

Cons- Poor medical benefits
    - Little to no communication outside main location
    - Management lacks focus and direction and has no idea who reports to them
    - Dispatch schedules onsite support with the client without putting it on the dispatch calendar then blames the field engineer when the client gets upset
    - Certifications and degrees required to keep jobs but no financial aid from CDI; employees unable to afford the education are let go
    - Management keeps changing job descriptions and company procedures without documenting them then punish the employee

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to start communicating with employees at all CDI locations. Right now they favor those at their main location and leave everyone else in the dark. They also need to stop treating dispatch and field engineers like slaves. These two departments are the backbone of the company's mission, and the blame game that management is currently playing is creating a hostile work environment and ruining the company's image. Get your act together and start leading properly before you destroy what could be a great company.

My experience at CDI was great, because the company has an excellent training program and a great company culture.

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsCDI did not micro manage its sale associates. Management was always willing to teach and give advice whenever needed. The bonus and commission structure was very rewarding.

ConsThe Cons were few if any. Sometimes the new outside sales reps were not as organized as they should have been.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to have more meetings with sales staff throughout the month.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, one of the best I have ever worked at.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Teterboro, NJ

Pros- Opportunity to stay current with emerging technology
    - Great group of people to work with.
    - Growing company, growing opportunities
    - Hard Work is rewarded

Cons- Health Benefits not the greatest, but OK
    - With growth comes pain. If your willing to deal with it (then its not a con), if it gets exhausting most tend to leave and find their happy place.

Advice to Senior Management- Share a bit more of the future plan and career pathes
    - Most rather have them know the brutal truth, then be shielded from it or deflected from it

Lack of focus on results

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsGood teamwork and helpful coworkers

ConsNepotism
    Slow to advancement
    No raises or evals
    Being "too good" can get you "stuck"
    Work gets redundant and boring

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and focus on what matters: results and innovation
    Reward employees

Great place to build a career, not just a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Teterboro, NJ

ProsAdvancement encouraged, hard work rewarded, GREAT balance between work and family, compensation is better than the competition, and a very talented technical staff

ConsInformation from the "top" is limited as it's a privately owned company, continued success & growth has created the need for new talent which hasn't been filled quickly enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the opportunities that have always been presented to me at CDI LLC. Management really creates the feeling that we're all part of their family and rewards those who go the extra mile.

Started off Great, ended up a Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Teterboro, NJ

ProsGreat Client Base
    Work from home office when applicable
    Team Environment

ConsPoorly run, lacks focus
    Management unstable
    Not open with employees - subversive atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp and provide open communication. Seek employee input.

Not the best place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTechnology is top notch
    Peers are great to work with
    Middle management really goes out of their way
    Some of the best clients I ever worked with
    Always a chance to learn something new.

ConsNo upper management involvement
    Double standards
    Do as I say, not as I do attitude
    No care for their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing here. With the purchase of managed services, there is not enough heart about all the employees. You need to care about everyone, not just your original ones.

Worked for Computer Design and Integration? Contribute to the Community!