Computer Generated Solutions Reviews

193 reviews filtered by
3.2
Computer Generated Solutions President and CEO Phil Friedman
Phil Friedman

Pros
  • Good work/life balance with fair management practices (in 5 reviews)

• Most managers in the location were helpful good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is ok and sometimes there is a complete disconnect from upper management of what is going on (in 9 reviews)

• the only thing i would say is a con would be the pay and no raises (in 8 reviews)

1. Melting pot of learning.

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions

Pros

Great learning experience, a variety of different programs to be involved in and multiple cultures to round out a diverse work environment. No shortage of interesting scenarios and ample challenges to push your boundaries.

Cons

The pay could be better. Longer training to firm up knowledge before starting your job functions. Work at home would be nice on a rotating basis if not all the time.

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time but the management in place seem to be busy most of the time but it appears you can talked to them if you like, they have an open door policy which is good.

2. Working for CGS have been a great experience for me, I've gained a lot of knowledge and skills with troubleshooting

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are a recently college graduate or have customer service experience working at CGS will look great on your resume , it will help grown to better opportunity

Cons

The only challenge to deal with is a lot of outrage customers who is very unsatisfied with especially Lenovo products

Advice to Management

Management are very strict with attendance, but they will work with you if you having a hard time with being good on the phone

3. Decent Job but they ask alot of you for little pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and co-workers are very friendly and helpful

Cons

Sprint (department) policies SUCK and make it very hard to help the customer properly. I felt tired of apologizing to customers when i was unable to help them due to a policy by sprint that obviously is bad

Advice to Management

Stand up to Sprint and stop letting them pile on more work to there American employees just because Romania just doesnt feel like doing it

Nice growing company

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

They have flexible hours and will work around your school schedules which is great for me. The center in Atlanta is 24 X 7 so any shift is available. This company is a great place to fine tune your technical skills and give you the experience you need especially fresh out of school. They are always doing things for their employees.

Cons

The pay and benefits are not the best but there are ways to earn extra money with the incentives they offer

Advice to Management

The Management team are very friendly , their doors are always open and are open to hearing from their employees. They treat everyone with respect and want the same in return.

6. CGS is a great company to work for.

Pros

CGS has great benefits, works well with employees on work/life balance and offers great opportunities for growth

Cons

CGS is a great company.

Advice to Management

No advice needed right now.

A Nightmare Hard to Wake From

Former Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get a salary if you are unemployed.

Cons

No bonus, no work life balance, CEO believes in keeping people motivated by constantly threatening their jobs, defeatist attitude by everyone in corporate, ridiculously short on people resources, expectation to work 50 hr a week minimally, public humiliation by CEO (seriously), everyone is just going through the motions, no innovation allowed, this company hasn't grown a dollar in value in over 15 years, 50% turnover in corporate.

Advice to Management

Get out if you can while you can still think for yourself.

Wage freeze since 2008. No raises ever.
    Scheduled hours change every three months

Former Employee - Order Support in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Order Support in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Contests and other events. Not really much else going for them at all.

Cons

The company adopted a policy around 2008 which forbids raises. The company changed the entire office's work schedules with no notice. They made it clear that employees schedules would change every 3 months, sometimes reducing workweeks to 20 hours total, despite hiring us all for 40 hour work weeks. When I gave two weeks' notice because the new schedule was incompatible with my transportation , the manager encouraged me to hold back the written notice as he said he could fix the schedule to accommodate me. Then he passed the buck to his superiors who repeated his advice to not turn in the 2 weeks notice. Finally after two weeks passed, I had to quit as they had done nothing to help. I quit on Mothers Day and as I left, a first time mother was crying because she had been promised Mother's Day off and they had forced her to work anyway. Benefits with with the company are negligible and even the HR department confessed they would not use our overpriced healthcare plan. Also, this company places a life insurance policy for each employee without notifying them. The company is the default beneficiary. So they make money if you die while employed by them.

Advice to Management

The management was good at passing the buck and wasting time. They were completely unsympathetic about lying about our schedule permanency when they hired us. They basically laughed and pointed to small print on our original agreement to employment as 'proof' that we were notified our schedules would change. This is paperwork they rushed me to sign and verbally lied about, telling me it was an agreement to a 40 hour set schedule workweek.

9. Politics

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers, Learn a lot about different photo lab equipment, enhances problem solving skills, helpful managers.

Cons

barley any training, not much guidance, work hours aren't ideal.

Advice to Management

be more attentive when it comes to helping get a csr call count up to par.

Strict no place of growth

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions

Pros

Really great coworkers to work with. Everyone is like family

Cons

Management is lousy and no one is willing to work with you when it comes to scheduling.

Advice to Management

Do better scheduling and and listen to when your coworkers have an issue.

Run don't walk from this company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any don't waste your time!

Cons

Low pay, no raises, low morale, and favoritism. If I could give them a negative 1,000 rating, I would. You will wish you took my advice about running if you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Take actual management classes from an actual college, you might learn something. .

Computer Generated Solutions Photos