Computer Generated Solutions

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Computer Generated Solutions President and CEO Phil Friedman

Phil Friedman

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This Company will not Move you up No matter how good you are.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGreat Co-Workers, Some incentives & Laid back to a point but they need to stop hiring kids that have no work experience.

ConsBeen here 2 years looking to move up to management & nothing since you have to be well liked and in the circle of other managers. They will not tell you what your doing wrong. When you do move up it takes them like 4 pay periods before you get your raise and they do not give you back pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement please learn to invest on dedicated employees who know all the systems and have been 100% dedicated to the company.

Great place to get job experience

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsMultiple teams to work on depending on skill level
    Gives employees call center/support experience
    Flexible schedule

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for advance
    No investment on employee learning
    Management/Employee disconnect

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, interact with them, stop making them feel like a statistic of how much you can make. Give them opportunities to grow, even if it's with another area of the company. Give your employees something to look forward to. There was no enjoyment, only work, and more rules.

This is not a place to stay, get your feet wet and move on ASAP!

Phone Support Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsThey do give you money, however little it is. They will hire anyone (in most cases) (be sure to "google" your co-workers, just to be safe). Most of your co-workers will be far better then maniment (even with the "Con" about google)

ConsNo raises, extremely high insurance, extremely low pay, advancement for for the right sex, look, or race (this issue is only in some ques, but most have a bit of this). Rases can be taken away if you do get one (this was fix by not giving raises at all).

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat the call takers as if they are just bad kids at a daycare, thats one of the reasons good employees get out ASAP and are replaced by people you cannot depend on (and need to google).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time and talent

Technical Support (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsSome very nice people but they weren't the ones in charge

ConsI worked at CGS for awhile, and during that time I saw many good well-qualified people throw up their hands and quit in disgust. The Tampa location lost contract after contract because of poor upper management, and when I left last month there had been no new business in almost a year. The training department was basically making things up as they went along, which led to badly prepared phone agents. No raises in YEARS except for a hard-to-obtain incentive program (which when those checks were sent out only insulted people with how little they received). The health benefits were too pricey for what the average worker was making.

The biggest issue I saw while I was there was how the team leads were treated. Upper management was contemptuous to them, often talking about them where employees could hear and blaming them for everything that went wrong. Most of the upper management liked to hide in their offices then pretend they knew what was happening in the rest of the building.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I say here that they would actually listen to? Start treating employees like they matter, get a consistent training program in place, and for god's sake throw people a raise when they deserve it!

Honest Review - Tampa Call Center

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros- The majority of people who work at CGS are good people.
    - Good learning experience for a recent grad, or someone new to call centers.

I am writing this review so that anyone thinking about joining CGS can have an honest, clear idea of what they are getting into.
     I am a current employee in the Tampa call center. I have been with the company for over 2 years. As I stated above, if you are a recent college grad, looking for experience, it’s not a bad first job. Depending on the queue you work in, there is opportunity to learn, and possibly move up, if you show interest and initiative. Unfortunately, that's pretty much where the "pros" end....

Cons- Low Pay
    - Horrible Benefits
    - Morale at an all-time low
    - HIGH Turnover Rate
    - Clueless Upper Management (For the most part...but there are a few exceptions)

Let’s be honest, the pay is low. Depending on where you work, you are looking in the range of $10.00 - $11.00 per hour. You do get reviews every 6 months, but absolutely NO RAISE….EVER. There has been a pay freeze at CGS for the past 6 years. Yup, you read it right…6 YEARS! They have recently implemented a “pay-for-performance” plan to try to improve moral, but it’s really not enough. Due to a punitive attendance/write-up system, you can be easily disqualified from the program for the month/quarter.
    There are some very bright people that work at CGS, but they tend not to stay long. Why? Simple answer….Pay and Benefits. Upper management will have you believe it is due to the “Team Leads/Supervisors not motivating their direct reports enough”…. Really?
    When I interviewed for CGS, I was told that benefits were "available" after 90 days. I came to find out they are, but are paid by the employee. The health insurance package, for the amount it costs, is terrible. Due to the cost of the plan, most employees can’t afford it to begin with.
    I could go on, but I’m sure you get the point.
    In a nutshell, if you need a job as a placeholder until you find a better opportunity, this is it. As it stands now, CGS Tampa is a depressing place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management is to wake up! You will never hire or retain quality people without paying them a decent wage. Stop blaming middle management for the failures of the call center/company as a whole. A reasonable pay raise would boost morale ten-fold! You will find your employees will be much happier AND more productive if they can pay their bills and take care of their families without having to go to Amscot every week for a cash advance!

Overall a good experience; was a good job for good pay.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsIt was a decent work environment with fairly laid back management, business casual most days unless a client was due to visit and good pay if you are working on one of their better contracts like Honeywell.

ConsAt the time I worked there, there was a lot of conflict between what each individual manager told the employees as how to perform certain functions. This became very frustrating to the end users and the technicians both.

Not the worst place I've worked

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsSome very likable co-workers, good location, and there are promotions available for the people who work hard

ConsTerrible pay for the amount of work expected, equipment is laughably bad for a company who wants to be a tech company, never enough licenses for the programs we had to use, building infested with bugs, inconsistent application of policy depending on who liked you, rampant nepotism, management very cliquish and not afraid to show it, also on MANY occasions heard management talking very badly about other managers. This place is for building your resume fast and getting out quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I say here will help, they're convinced they know what's best

Wonderful experience

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsOpportunity to theinbk outside the box for resolutions
    Freedom to think strategic options independently
    Superior support from senior management

Conslong hours, but expected in this particular position

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue what you are doing!

Computer Generated Solutions Factory

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsEasy employment opportunity good option while job hunting.

ConsStressful work week ,no weekends off or day shifts available for newhires.

A great place to work

Tampa, FL

ProsThe people I work with are great. From management to the person sitting next to me, all are very helpful and wonderful to work with.
    Overall nice place to work.

ConsHard to say really.... I am sure if I think about it there is stuff I could complain about, but isn't that the case everywhere?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on employees. The little stuff does matter.

Worked for Computer Generated Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Computer Generated Solutions reviews and ratings in Tampa, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Computer Generated Solutions CEO Phil Friedman. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Computer Generated Solutions employees.