Computer Generated Solutions

Updated August 25, 2014

2.9

Computer Generated Solutions President and CEO Phil Friedman
Phil Friedman

Pros
  • Most managers in the location were helpful good people (in 7 reviews)

• The company provides a good work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • To put up with an upper management that treats the rank and file employees with utter disdain (in 8 reviews)

• no raises and attendance policy sucks (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This Company will not Move you up No matter how good you are.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Some incentives & Laid back to a point but they need to stop hiring kids that have no work experience.

Cons

Been here 2 years looking to move up to management & nothing since you have to be well liked and in the circle of other managers. They will not tell you what your doing wrong. When you do move up it takes them like 4 pay periods before you get your raise and they do not give you back pay.

Management please learn to invest on dedicated employees who know all the systems and have been 100% dedicated to the company.

Good opportunities to gain experience, but no opportunities for advancement or professional development

Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Agent  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can build experience. Time-off is generally granted if requested in advance. Management can be laid-back, depending on your queue.

Cons

Horrible work-place morale, no opportunities for advancement, treated as completely replaceable, "salary freeze" for over five years, unprofessional management, poor or broken equipment, outdated systems and tools.

Management does not consider the agents to be anything but seat fillers, so there is nothing that an agent could say that management would listen to.

Very Unsatisfying, while being asked to go above and beyond to satisfy companies clients.

Former Employee - TeleWeb Operator  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - TeleWeb Operator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very good work experience for someone new to the work industry. Company is more of a stepping stone to further oneself. Because the company outsources customer service to a number of companies, it is possible to gain experience in different fields. Always hiring due to high turn over rate, so if you know someone who needs work fast this is great.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Schedules are not flexible, and is very hard to switch to different companies within the company. Politics plays too big of a role among Sr personnel instead of seniority, knowledge and skill.

Don't show favoritism over knowledge and skill, and company wont have such a high turn over rate

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to get job experience

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Multiple teams to work on depending on skill level
    Gives employees call center/support experience
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advance
    No investment on employee learning
    Management/Employee disconnect

Listen to your employees, interact with them, stop making them feel like a statistic of how much you can make. Give them opportunities to grow, even if it's with another area of the company. Give your employees something to look forward to. There was no enjoyment, only work, and more rules.

This is not a place to stay, get your feet wet and move on ASAP!

Current Employee - Phone Support Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Phone Support Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They do give you money, however little it is. They will hire anyone (in most cases) (be sure to "google" your co-workers, just to be safe). Most of your co-workers will be far better then maniment (even with the "Con" about google)

Cons

No raises, extremely high insurance, extremely low pay, advancement for for the right sex, look, or race (this issue is only in some ques, but most have a bit of this). Rases can be taken away if you do get one (this was fix by not giving raises at all).

Don't treat the call takers as if they are just bad kids at a daycare, thats one of the reasons good employees get out ASAP and are replaced by people you cannot depend on (and need to google).

Don't waste your time and talent

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very nice people but they weren't the ones in charge

Cons

I worked at CGS for awhile, and during that time I saw many good well-qualified people throw up their hands and quit in disgust. The Tampa location lost contract after contract because of poor upper management, and when I left last month there had been no new business in almost a year. The training department was basically making things up as they went along, which led to badly prepared phone agents. No raises in YEARS except for a hard-to-obtain incentive program (which when those checks were sent out only insulted people with how little they received). The health benefits were too pricey for what the average worker was making.

The biggest issue I saw while I was there was how the team leads were treated. Upper management was contemptuous to them, often talking about them where employees could hear and blaming them for everything that went wrong. Most of the upper management liked to hide in their offices then pretend they knew what was happening in the rest of the building.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

What can I say here that they would actually listen to? Start treating employees like they matter, get a consistent training program in place, and for god's sake throw people a raise when they deserve it!

Honest Review - Tampa Call Center

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The majority of people who work at CGS are good people.
    - Good learning experience for a recent grad, or someone new to call centers.

I am writing this review so that anyone thinking about joining CGS can have an honest, clear idea of what they are getting into.
     I am a current employee in the Tampa call center. I have been with the company for over 2 years. As I stated above, if you are a recent college grad, looking for experience, it’s not a bad first job. Depending on the queue you work in, there is opportunity to learn, and possibly move up, if you show interest and initiative. Unfortunately, that's pretty much where the "pros" end....

Cons

- Low Pay
    - Horrible Benefits
    - Morale at an all-time low
    - HIGH Turnover Rate
    - Clueless Upper Management (For the most part...but there are a few exceptions)

Let’s be honest, the pay is low. Depending on where you work, you are looking in the range of $10.00 - $11.00 per hour. You do get reviews every 6 months, but absolutely NO RAISE….EVER. There has been a pay freeze at CGS for the past 6 years. Yup, you read it right…6 YEARS! They have recently implemented a “pay-for-performance” plan to try to improve moral, but it’s really not enough. Due to a punitive attendance/write-up system, you can be easily disqualified from the program for the month/quarter.
    There are some very bright people that work at CGS, but they tend not to stay long. Why? Simple answer….Pay and Benefits. Upper management will have you believe it is due to the “Team Leads/Supervisors not motivating their direct reports enough”…. Really?
    When I interviewed for CGS, I was told that benefits were "available" after 90 days. I came to find out they are, but are paid by the employee. The health insurance package, for the amount it costs, is terrible. Due to the cost of the plan, most employees can’t afford it to begin with.
    I could go on, but I’m sure you get the point.
    In a nutshell, if you need a job as a placeholder until you find a better opportunity, this is it. As it stands now, CGS Tampa is a depressing place to work.

My advice to upper management is to wake up! You will never hire or retain quality people without paying them a decent wage. Stop blaming middle management for the failures of the call center/company as a whole. A reasonable pay raise would boost morale ten-fold! You will find your employees will be much happier AND more productive if they can pay their bills and take care of their families without having to go to Amscot every week for a cash advance!

Overall a good experience; was a good job for good pay.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a decent work environment with fairly laid back management, business casual most days unless a client was due to visit and good pay if you are working on one of their better contracts like Honeywell.

Cons

At the time I worked there, there was a lot of conflict between what each individual manager told the employees as how to perform certain functions. This became very frustrating to the end users and the technicians both.

Not the worst place I've worked

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very likable co-workers, good location, and there are promotions available for the people who work hard

Cons

Terrible pay for the amount of work expected, equipment is laughably bad for a company who wants to be a tech company, never enough licenses for the programs we had to use, building infested with bugs, inconsistent application of policy depending on who liked you, rampant nepotism, management very cliquish and not afraid to show it, also on MANY occasions heard management talking very badly about other managers. This place is for building your resume fast and getting out quickly.

Nothing I say here will help, they're convinced they know what's best

Wonderful experience

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Computer Generated Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to theinbk outside the box for resolutions
    Freedom to think strategic options independently
    Superior support from senior management

Cons

long hours, but expected in this particular position

continue what you are doing!

Worked for Computer Generated Solutions? Contribute to the Community!