Computer Merchant

Updated Apr 2, 2014

John R. Danieli

Very good experience

Mac Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsThey stayed out of my hair and let me do the job

ConsThey were paying me but had no involvement in the work

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress complaints offered by the Techs to managers at the location where the work was performed

Fairly hands off without company initiated communication

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Cranston, RI

ProsAs a contractor your destiny is pretty much in your own hands. TCML provides support for attaining that elusive raise and career counseling for getting it.

ConsWhen it comes to actually asking for that raise it is in their hands which removes you from the negotiation. You must trust them to act in your best interest. This can be difficult and unnerving.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand website for employees to download pay stubs, W-2's and other important documetation. Provide guidelines for chan ging roles and managing your own contract.

The most Entrepreneurial environment I've ever been a part of!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsLimitless opportunities to pursue new business, to share ideas and actually implement them. I'm free to run my desk as I would my own business and I love that freedom. Uncapped earning potential! Since I've joined I been supported 100% internally and it really feels like everyone wants to see you succeed (and doesn't just say it).

ConsTechnology can be a little intimidating at first and I wish there was something in place to make me feel a little more comfortable with industry terminology but, in all honesty, it wasn't difficult to learn on my own.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, but earning potential and growth is great!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsThe people, the environment, the earning potential, the fun company sponsored events. The ability to be creative and independent.

Consworking long hours is mandatory

Advice to Senior Managementchange is good - switch it up

I am grateful for all the opportunies made available to me over the years.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsI have worked with TCM close to 20 years and enjoy the atmosphere, location and fellow employees. The building is beautiful and the location eliminates most of the stress caused by a long and traffic laden commute. I also enjoy taking advantage of the many benefits afforded to me such as the free in-house gym facilities, company gatherings and activities. TCM is a growing and successful company that has been able to maintain its “family” feel. I have always considered myself very fortunate to be an employee of TCM and grateful for all the opportunities made available to me over the years.

ConsHalloween is a bit of a challenge.

Full of opportunity

Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsI started at The Computer Merchant new to the industry as a Receptionist. I remember during the interview they asked why I would like to work for the company… that was an easy answer. I believe I could grow not only in my career but as a person. The environment is friendly and the people are great to work with. I am proud to say I have been promoted and believe that my career will continue to grow.

ConsNo cons to submit here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

My hard work was recognized very quickly and resulted in a promotion in a short amount of time.

Administrative Staff (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsI absolutely love the people I work with - I can't say enough about how great all the staff are here. The location is great also - not having to commute into Boston everyday is such a bonus!

ConsIf you don't like dressing up for Halloween - you may not want to work here.

My experience at TCM exhausting, and i did alot of hard work for very little return

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Norwell, MA

Prosgood place to learn the very basics of recruiting, meaning the disipline of making 100+ calls a day and how to qualify candidates. other than that not much--get in and leqarn and then leave--

they have a non-compete though.

Conslong hours--micro managed--it's EXTREMEMLY political. SOME people make ALOT of money--others don't---Some people work on work on REq's that had NO CHANCE od ever closing--where other people would submit candidates and would get them hired with a short phone screen.

the people who make the most closes are the people who ASSIGN the jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that the way they treat their recruioters should be changed to allow more autonomy- also more flexibility as fara s hours go--and more equality as far as who gets to work on what accounts.

I really enjoy my time at The Computer Merchant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsI started at TCM in a low level position and through the support of senior management I was able to significantly excel in my career. TCM has trained, mentored and guided me from the beginning. I have a high level of Job satisfaction because management goes out of their way to recognize accomplishments and push us to be the best we can. I am one of the many people that I know who are here or have worked here and moved on in their professional careers who can say they enjoy waking up coming to work each day and have gained the professional, personal and financial gratification due to my personal investment in my career and the Company’s investment in helping me reach my potential.

ConsDo not come to TCM expecting to get a hand out, this is a work hard, full speed ahead environment. Those who want to dilly dally will not be here long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for pushing me to be the best, I enjoy the challenge.

competitive

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Norwell, MA

ProsEasy commute if living south of boston. Nice facility, people are nice to work with.

ConsPay rate is a little low, very competitive. No much training from Sr. Recruiter

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have a designated trainor to help new recruiters excel at the position.

Worked for Computer Merchant? Contribute to the Community!