Computer Merchant Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

How To Get An Extra Paycheck Every Month! Legally!

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time

Pros

Some people will tell you that quitting your job and doing what you love is the answer for all of life’s problems. It’s the cure for what’s ailing the stressed out, overworked, and underengaged human. The truth is obvious: quitting your job will definitely not solve all of your problems, working at The Computer Merchant will...

Cons

Due to your overwhelming schedule, I've had to sacrifice old habits like healthy eating, recreational sports, and working out. The other day I looked down and realized that I was the size of a mid-level commercial airliner.

Advice to Management

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

2. The staff is friendly and helpful, giving me the tools for success.

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time

Pros

It is an environment that demands your best but rewards you for hard work.

Cons

Not many. As long as you perform, they take care of you.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in and training your employees and they will continue to outperform past numbers.

3. Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very big on employee appreciation, and team building. Management and co-workers are very helpful and nice to work with. You get a sense of being in a family company, because you can tell they care about not only their sucess but your personal sucess.

Cons

The only con would be the starting base salary is a little low.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. Being a Technical Recruiter at TCML has been a pleasant surprise!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are not micromanaged whatsoever. There are usually a large number of reqs to work on at any given moment. Upper management is easily accessible and you do not need to make an appointment to speak with them, you simply walk into their office. All processes are completed in-house, so when you need something completed for one of your consultants, you can walk over to the staff and get it done ASAP if need be. Time will fly by when you are busy. Also, holidays are incredible here! Since it is not

Cons

One of the only things that I would say is the base pay is about average. This isn't necessarily a 'con', but it would be nice to have a bit more the first couple of months (it is the Boston area). However, as long as you do your job properly, you can give yourself a nice raise in the first couple of months anyways.

Advice to Management

Most of the software we use is pretty up-to-date (and fast), but we need something better along the lines of connecting the phone to the computer for a more efficient ways of calling and keeping track of our consultants activities. Our main system, Outlook and Excel are a bit much to track for one consultant. Consolidate the software so we can move people through the processes faster. The software isn't complicated, by the way, but only if you are good on a computer in the first place. But overall the management here is pretty awesome! The CEO is very down to earth and his executive staff is amongst the best I've ever come across! They create a good work environment and are genuine people.

The most Entrepreneurial environment I've ever been a part of!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Limitless opportunities to pursue new business, to share ideas and actually implement them. I'm free to run my desk as I would my own business and I love that freedom. Uncapped earning potential! Since I've joined I been supported 100% internally and it really feels like everyone wants to see you succeed (and doesn't just say it).

Cons

Technology can be a little intimidating at first and I wish there was something in place to make me feel a little more comfortable with industry terminology but, in all honesty, it wasn't difficult to learn on my own.

7. Hard work, but earning potential and growth is great!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the environment, the earning potential, the fun company sponsored events. The ability to be creative and independent.

Cons

working long hours is mandatory

Advice to Management

change is good - switch it up

8. Full of opportunity

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at The Computer Merchant new to the industry as a Receptionist. I remember during the interview they asked why I would like to work for the company… that was an easy answer. I believe I could grow not only in my career but as a person. The environment is friendly and the people are great to work with. I am proud to say I have been promoted and believe that my career will continue to grow.

Cons

No cons to submit here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

9. I am grateful for all the opportunies made available to me over the years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with TCM close to 20 years and enjoy the atmosphere, location and fellow employees. The building is beautiful and the location eliminates most of the stress caused by a long and traffic laden commute. I also enjoy taking advantage of the many benefits afforded to me such as the free in-house gym facilities, company gatherings and activities. TCM is a growing and successful company that has been able to maintain its “family” feel. I have always considered myself very fortunate to be an employee of TCM and grateful for all the opportunities made available to me over the years.

Cons

Halloween is a bit of a challenge.

10. My hard work was recognized very quickly and resulted in a promotion in a short amount of time.

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the people I work with - I can't say enough about how great all the staff are here. The location is great also - not having to commute into Boston everyday is such a bonus!

Cons

If you don't like dressing up for Halloween - you may not want to work here.

My experience at TCM exhausting, and i did alot of hard work for very little return

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I worked at Computer Merchant

Pros

good place to learn the very basics of recruiting, meaning the disipline of making 100+ calls a day and how to qualify candidates. other than that not much--get in and leqarn and then leave-- they have a non-compete though.

Cons

long hours--micro managed--it's EXTREMEMLY political. SOME people make ALOT of money--others don't---Some people work on work on REq's that had NO CHANCE od ever closing--where other people would submit candidates and would get them hired with a short phone screen. the people who make the most closes are the people who ASSIGN the jobs.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that the way they treat their recruioters should be changed to allow more autonomy- also more flexibility as fara s hours go--and more equality as far as who gets to work on what accounts.

RSS Feed </> Embed