Computer Merchant Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

4.0

John R. Danieli

Being a Technical Recruiter at TCML has been a pleasant surprise!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are not micromanaged whatsoever. There are usually a large number of reqs to work on at any given moment. Upper management is easily accessible and you do not need to make an appointment to speak with them, you simply walk into their office. All processes are completed in-house, so when you need something completed for one of your consultants, you can walk over to the staff and get it done ASAP if need be. Time will fly by when you are busy. Also, holidays are incredible here! Since it is not

Cons

One of the only things that I would say is the base pay is about average. This isn't necessarily a 'con', but it would be nice to have a bit more the first couple of months (it is the Boston area). However, as long as you do your job properly, you can give yourself a nice raise in the first couple of months anyways.

Most of the software we use is pretty up-to-date (and fast), but we need something better along the lines of connecting the phone to the computer for a more efficient ways of calling and keeping track of our consultants activities. Our main system, Outlook and Excel are a bit much to track for one consultant. Consolidate the software so we can move people through the processes faster. The software isn't complicated, by the way, but only if you are good on a computer in the first place. But overall the management here is pretty awesome! The CEO is very down to earth and his executive staff is amongst the best I've ever come across! They create a good work environment and are genuine people.

Very good experience

Former Employee - Mac Systems Engineer  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Mac Systems Engineer in Savannah, GA

I worked at Computer Merchant as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They stayed out of my hair and let me do the job

Cons

They were paying me but had no involvement in the work

Address complaints offered by the Techs to managers at the location where the work was performed

Fairly hands off without company initiated communication

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Computer Merchant as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

As a contractor your destiny is pretty much in your own hands. TCML provides support for attaining that elusive raise and career counseling for getting it.

Cons

When it comes to actually asking for that raise it is in their hands which removes you from the negotiation. You must trust them to act in your best interest. This can be difficult and unnerving.

Expand website for employees to download pay stubs, W-2's and other important documetation. Provide guidelines for chan ging roles and managing your own contract.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most Entrepreneurial environment I've ever been a part of!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Limitless opportunities to pursue new business, to share ideas and actually implement them. I'm free to run my desk as I would my own business and I love that freedom. Uncapped earning potential! Since I've joined I been supported 100% internally and it really feels like everyone wants to see you succeed (and doesn't just say it).

Cons

Technology can be a little intimidating at first and I wish there was something in place to make me feel a little more comfortable with industry terminology but, in all honesty, it wasn't difficult to learn on my own.

Hard work, but earning potential and growth is great!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the environment, the earning potential, the fun company sponsored events. The ability to be creative and independent.

Cons

working long hours is mandatory

change is good - switch it up

I am grateful for all the opportunies made available to me over the years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked with TCM close to 20 years and enjoy the atmosphere, location and fellow employees. The building is beautiful and the location eliminates most of the stress caused by a long and traffic laden commute. I also enjoy taking advantage of the many benefits afforded to me such as the free in-house gym facilities, company gatherings and activities. TCM is a growing and successful company that has been able to maintain its “family” feel. I have always considered myself very fortunate to be an employee of TCM and grateful for all the opportunities made available to me over the years.

Cons

Halloween is a bit of a challenge.

Full of opportunity

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at The Computer Merchant new to the industry as a Receptionist. I remember during the interview they asked why I would like to work for the company… that was an easy answer. I believe I could grow not only in my career but as a person. The environment is friendly and the people are great to work with. I am proud to say I have been promoted and believe that my career will continue to grow.

Cons

No cons to submit here.

Keep doing what you're doing!

My hard work was recognized very quickly and resulted in a promotion in a short amount of time.

Current Employee - Administrative Staff  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love the people I work with - I can't say enough about how great all the staff are here. The location is great also - not having to commute into Boston everyday is such a bonus!

Cons

If you don't like dressing up for Halloween - you may not want to work here.

My experience at TCM exhausting, and i did alot of hard work for very little return

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Norwell, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Norwell, MA

I worked at Computer Merchant

Pros

good place to learn the very basics of recruiting, meaning the disipline of making 100+ calls a day and how to qualify candidates. other than that not much--get in and leqarn and then leave--

they have a non-compete though.

Cons

long hours--micro managed--it's EXTREMEMLY political. SOME people make ALOT of money--others don't---Some people work on work on REq's that had NO CHANCE od ever closing--where other people would submit candidates and would get them hired with a short phone screen.

the people who make the most closes are the people who ASSIGN the jobs.

I would suggest that the way they treat their recruioters should be changed to allow more autonomy- also more flexibility as fara s hours go--and more equality as far as who gets to work on what accounts.

I really enjoy my time at The Computer Merchant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwell, MA

I have been working at Computer Merchant

Pros

I started at TCM in a low level position and through the support of senior management I was able to significantly excel in my career. TCM has trained, mentored and guided me from the beginning. I have a high level of Job satisfaction because management goes out of their way to recognize accomplishments and push us to be the best we can. I am one of the many people that I know who are here or have worked here and moved on in their professional careers who can say they enjoy waking up coming to work each day and have gained the professional, personal and financial gratification due to my personal investment in my career and the Company’s investment in helping me reach my potential.

Cons

Do not come to TCM expecting to get a hand out, this is a work hard, full speed ahead environment. Those who want to dilly dally will not be here long.

Thank you for pushing me to be the best, I enjoy the challenge.

Worked for Computer Merchant? Contribute to the Community!