Computer Sciences Corp

Computer Sciences Corp Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie

Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this(in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract(in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work(in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English(in 84 reviews)

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I gained a lot of experience, GREAT TEAM environment,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsRecognition to team members for hard work!!! Kept work flowing and motivation.

ConsNot too flexible with work schedule and time due to high volume of work.

CSC employee for 20+ years, not a good company anymore!

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsDepending on the project that you work on and your manager, your work schedule can be flexible. I have been able to relocate to other projects throughout my years with CSC.

ConsMedical benefits are not good anymore (very high premiums with high deductibles) and now the amount of your premium you pay depends on your salary. Vacation benefits have changed as well and not for the good. The new employee performance rating is not fair. CSC is now using new bell curve rating, which was proven not to work in other companies. These have all been recent changes to employee benefits, all to save money for the company. Virtually no training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis used to be a very good company many years ago. CSC used to care about their employees. The upper management doesn’t care anymore. The new CEO has ruined CSC. He is only concerned with the stakeholders and saving the company money, while he gets rich. Health insurance premiums are higher than most company, vacation benefits recently downgraded and not good anymore. Most employees did not get a pay raise this year, approx 40% with no increase. Prior increases were 1% -2% for majority. Moral is at all-time low and most employees are tying to leave. No reason to work here unless you can't find anything else. CSC should be your last resort for a job.

Not a great place to work right now

Principal Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsI still have a job and the stock has recovered.

ConsLayoffs. Selling off divisions. Bell shaped performance curve. 40% of employees must be rate as not meeting expectations or worse. Only top 10% received raises. Vacation policy change caps annual leave carry over to 40 hours. Will only buy back in vacation at 40% hourly rate. Pension benefits frozen. Company wringing out costs at the expense of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better or see tremendous turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsLong term contract and a steady paycheck. Some very knowledgeable employees.

ConsPoor management. Could care less about their employees. More re-active than pro-active. No interaction between different teams and limited sharing of knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage people.

Great until 2012 corporate reorganization...then went downhill fast.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI can't think of any right now.

ConsThe new organizational model is horrible. Prior to the reorganization, my PM or someone local was my manager. They knew me...I knew them. They conducted my performance appraisal, if I had issues/concerns that I could not resolve, they were the person that I reached out to. They held "all hands" meetings for our team, they were able to reach out to my contract and ascertain about my performance. After the reorganization, my functional manager was in Florida...I worked in Maryland. They had no idea of who I was, my background, the work I did or the customer I supported. I was actually assigned to the wrong organization...but no one could figure out how to get me reassigned. In the year since the reorganization I heard from my functional manager twice...once to tell me I was receiving a raise....then the next time to tell who to contact because I was being laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink the organizational/reporting structure.

Clear expectations

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsPositive rapport with temporary workers. CSC is an excellent place to work. I would gladly return for a longer assignment.

ConsErratic schedules. Having a longer time to comprehend the assignments to ensure a clearer response will be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSharing your expectations for field workers when they arrive so that their responses can be better tailored for your needs.

I love working for CSC.

Tech Senior Associate (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsCSC has great career growth and generous benefits.

ConsI have not had a negative experience working for CSC.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Only cares about money and not the employee

IT Manager (Current Employee) Aberdeen, MD

ProsEducation reimbursement is better than most contractors.

ConsWill sacrifice the employee for the project. Will cut an employees pay to keep a project

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your profit for someone other than management

overall good

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

Prosgood working environment, strong ethics

Conssometimes recruit less experienced IT professionals thus spoling the reputation of the company

Subcontracts Administrator / Assistant

Subcontracts Administrator/Assistant (Former Employee) Hanover, MD

ProsIt was a good company until it change. They advantage of me working for them for long time. The company is doing a lot of laid offs that made a lot of problems. They laid off the wrong people who was to the work and not the higher up. Its is sad

ConsHealth insurance went up CSC is paying less. Laid off people who has been working for this company for a very long time

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to take time to talk to there employees and tell them the truth about the laid off

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!