Computer Sciences Corp

2.7
2,981 Reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • Very good work-life balance (as long as they keep you on the payrolls), good pay (in 299 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 53 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 89 reviews)

More Highlights

39 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Employer Review.

Current Employee - Senior Oracle Developer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Oracle Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Work environment and people are willing to help if you need one.

Cons

Benefits are not that good. Not employee friendly.

Need to look at the benefits and make them more employee friendly. Especially the vacation and other benefits.

People are just numbers to CSC CEO

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Use to be a good place to work.

Cons

CEO only cares about his pockets.

It's the people under you that keeps you employed.

Burnout Factory

Current Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of training with internal self-paced and instructor-led classes.

Cons

Morale is at an all-time low since 1997 when I started. Layoffs come in waves every few months and everyone is terrified.

Slow down the "transformation train" for a few minutes to invest in the people who have been moving mountains to accomplish so much work in so little time. Salaries are embarrassingly low.

So far downhill, it takes my breath away!

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The long-time employees have very high ethical standards, but this has been discouraged by new management

Cons

Benefits! (what a joke!)
    Corrupt Board of Directors
    Habitual Liar of a CEO
    CEO cronies will do anything to tug on coattails

LEAVE!

Their Management "Trends" -- the rest of IT has already shown they stunt growth

Current Employee - Senior Testing Professional in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Testing Professional in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In the public sector not any pros I can think of. . . . we lost the last of them this year.

Cons

Instead of valuing their employees they are alienating them. Over 5 years they have become the worst employer I've ever worked for in my 13 years of IT employment. CSC used to be a proud name and one I was glad to be associated with. Instead under Mike Lawrie's direction, corporate wants us workers to suck it up and do more while he gets ready to retire with billions. The work load is more but the morale is in the gutter. Why are we bearing the failures of management on our backs? We're the ones who actually do the work! Google and Apple now offering egg preservation to their female employees? Ha! CSC's new benefit year is making it even less attractive to work here - no raises this year but of course the costs are going up 25-30% and the coverage is less.

There is very little accountability. The new management structure puts people under a "people manager" not involved in or knowledgeable of our daily work, and our program managers are business people focused on client relations but with little background in our technical field. Frustrating and inefficient. A lot of wheel spinning 'cause no one is really in charge. People get hired by managers who don't know how to assess technical skills. Drains the life right out of your ambitions to do a great job.

Listen to your rank and file: the people who used to be proud to carry your name. Loyalty should matter to my upper management and company executives, but apparently now they could care less. I am used to working hard with dedication and want to be proud of my employer.

You've lost my loyalty, and I am no longer such a dedicated employee. Several of my talented colleagues with years of service have already found new jobs. Keep it up. The people you hire to replace them will be likely be less skilled. See how that works for you.

Good Salary for Contractors

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great salaries for Cleared Contractors, quick job interview and decision was pretty instant

Cons

No career mobility, couldn't find any other positions. Federal Contractors are stuck in their position duration of contract.

Stay With Them Until A Real Job Is Available

Former Employee - Field Technician Position in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician Position in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A pay check will come your way
    Free parking
    Clean Offices

Cons

- Middle management is under qualified for the titled position they hold.
    - Tech don’t share IT information to help the team grow, they hold on to information for job security.
    - Not a very American friendly or former military oriented, jobs are leaving for over-seas
    - Middle management does not speak up for their hardworking employees; the lackeys are just there to appease upper management

You should appreciate the talent you have remaining there

Non-realistic vision after transformation

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plethora of projects to choose from but leadership has to be willing

Cons

No guidance or willingness to progress ones career

Employee is not just a number, there is real life associated with it. Treat them as human beings rather than dispensable labor.

CSC employee for 20+ years, not a good company anymore!

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Depending on the project that you work on and your manager, your work schedule can be flexible. I have been able to relocate to other projects throughout my years with CSC.

Cons

Medical benefits are not good anymore (very high premiums with high deductibles) and now the amount of your premium you pay depends on your salary. Vacation benefits have changed as well and not for the good. The new employee performance rating is not fair. CSC is now using new bell curve rating, which was proven not to work in other companies. These have all been recent changes to employee benefits, all to save money for the company. Virtually no training.

This used to be a very good company many years ago. CSC used to care about their employees. The upper management doesn’t care anymore. The new CEO has ruined CSC. He is only concerned with the stakeholders and saving the company money, while he gets rich. Health insurance premiums are higher than most company, vacation benefits recently downgraded and not good anymore. Most employees did not get a pay raise this year, approx 40% with no increase. Prior increases were 1% -2% for majority. Moral is at all-time low and most employees are tying to leave. No reason to work here unless you can't find anything else. CSC should be your last resort for a job.

Not a great place to work right now

Current Employee - Principal Senior Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Principal Senior Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I still have a job and the stock has recovered.

Cons

Layoffs. Selling off divisions. Bell shaped performance curve. 40% of employees must be rate as not meeting expectations or worse. Only top 10% received raises. Vacation policy change caps annual leave carry over to 40 hours. Will only buy back in vacation at 40% hourly rate. Pension benefits frozen. Company wringing out costs at the expense of the employees.

Treat your employees better or see tremendous turnover.

Computer Sciences Corp Photos