Computer Sciences Corp

2.7
2,707 Reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this (in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Salary for Contractors

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salaries for Cleared Contractors, quick job interview and decision was pretty instant

Cons

No career mobility, couldn't find any other positions. Federal Contractors are stuck in their position duration of contract.

Stay With Them Until A Real Job Is Available

Former Employee - Field Technician Position  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician Position in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

A pay check will come your way
    Free parking
    Clean Offices

Cons

- Middle management is under qualified for the titled position they hold.
    - Tech don’t share IT information to help the team grow, they hold on to information for job security.
    - Not a very American friendly or former military oriented, jobs are leaving for over-seas
    - Middle management does not speak up for their hardworking employees; the lackeys are just there to appease upper management

You should appreciate the talent you have remaining there

Non-realistic vision after transformation

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plethora of projects to choose from but leadership has to be willing

Cons

No guidance or willingness to progress ones career

Employee is not just a number, there is real life associated with it. Treat them as human beings rather than dispensable labor.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CSC employee for 20+ years, not a good company anymore!

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Depending on the project that you work on and your manager, your work schedule can be flexible. I have been able to relocate to other projects throughout my years with CSC.

Cons

Medical benefits are not good anymore (very high premiums with high deductibles) and now the amount of your premium you pay depends on your salary. Vacation benefits have changed as well and not for the good. The new employee performance rating is not fair. CSC is now using new bell curve rating, which was proven not to work in other companies. These have all been recent changes to employee benefits, all to save money for the company. Virtually no training.

This used to be a very good company many years ago. CSC used to care about their employees. The upper management doesn’t care anymore. The new CEO has ruined CSC. He is only concerned with the stakeholders and saving the company money, while he gets rich. Health insurance premiums are higher than most company, vacation benefits recently downgraded and not good anymore. Most employees did not get a pay raise this year, approx 40% with no increase. Prior increases were 1% -2% for majority. Moral is at all-time low and most employees are tying to leave. No reason to work here unless you can't find anything else. CSC should be your last resort for a job.

Not a great place to work right now

Current Employee - Principal Senior Engineer  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Principal Senior Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I still have a job and the stock has recovered.

Cons

Layoffs. Selling off divisions. Bell shaped performance curve. 40% of employees must be rate as not meeting expectations or worse. Only top 10% received raises. Vacation policy change caps annual leave carry over to 40 hours. Will only buy back in vacation at 40% hourly rate. Pension benefits frozen. Company wringing out costs at the expense of the employees.

Treat your employees better or see tremendous turnover.

I gained a lot of experience, GREAT TEAM environment,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Recognition to team members for hard work!!! Kept work flowing and motivation.

Cons

Not too flexible with work schedule and time due to high volume of work.

System Administrator

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Long term contract and a steady paycheck. Some very knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Poor management. Could care less about their employees. More re-active than pro-active. No interaction between different teams and limited sharing of knowledge.

Learn to manage people.

Great until 2012 corporate reorganization...then went downhill fast.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can't think of any right now.

Cons

The new organizational model is horrible. Prior to the reorganization, my PM or someone local was my manager. They knew me...I knew them. They conducted my performance appraisal, if I had issues/concerns that I could not resolve, they were the person that I reached out to. They held "all hands" meetings for our team, they were able to reach out to my contract and ascertain about my performance. After the reorganization, my functional manager was in Florida...I worked in Maryland. They had no idea of who I was, my background, the work I did or the customer I supported. I was actually assigned to the wrong organization...but no one could figure out how to get me reassigned. In the year since the reorganization I heard from my functional manager twice...once to tell me I was receiving a raise....then the next time to tell who to contact because I was being laid off.

Rethink the organizational/reporting structure.

Clear expectations

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Positive rapport with temporary workers. CSC is an excellent place to work. I would gladly return for a longer assignment.

Cons

Erratic schedules. Having a longer time to comprehend the assignments to ensure a clearer response will be helpful.

Sharing your expectations for field workers when they arrive so that their responses can be better tailored for your needs.

I love working for CSC.

Current Employee - Tech Senior Associate  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Tech Senior Associate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CSC has great career growth and generous benefits.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience working for CSC.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!