Computer Sciences Corp Reviews

Reset
2.3
Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • Relatively good work/life balance (in 299 reviews)

• You can work from home when needed (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is a joke (in 53 reviews)

• every year (or earlier) senior management below Mike Lawry is being replaced making it difficult to plan long term (in 89 reviews)

1. Good Benefits and Flexible Work Environment

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leave accumulation for 15yrs + of service Medical Benefits 401K Diversity Team member Support Competitive salaries

Cons

Lots of re-organization as of late Questions marks regarding future

Advice to Management

Involve employees more in decision making share more information regarding future plans

Disorganized, unethical, scatterbrained company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly can't think of any

Cons

Constant lay-offs, overworked under appreciated staff, endless red-tape for every process, hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Figure out how to strategically place the company without doing it at the expense of the loyal employees. Penny-wise and pound foolish will tank a company.

Contracts are expiring! Lay-offs are around the corner so look elsewhere!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition Reimbursement, Offices on almost every corner, Telework possibilities for certain positions

Cons

DOL contract is about to expire and it doesn't look like they're going to win the next bid. Why? We never meet service level, have too many customer complaints and operate without ethics or integrity! Managers sleep with staff members and then promote them to Supervisors in addition to favoritism, nepotism, racism and discrimination if you're different from the managers. For a company that has a contract with the DOL, they violate every law and regulation that the DOL handles.

Advice to Management

Fire them all and start over! You can't teach a liar to be honest! You can't teach a thief to not steal! Stop pretending that an Ethics & Compliance Training course will change your operation because it won't. Just get security cameras in the building and you will see what happens after dark, or in conference rooms or break rooms or in the supply room. Your so-called leaders are nothing but graduates of the welfare to work program. Perform an internal audit of company credit card usage! The numbers and video footage won't lie!

5. Just say no to CSC!

Former Employee - Program Support/Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Program Support/Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I did enjoy to people I worked with. Most were very kind and would rally in the event of a work crisis. Also the benefits were reasonable.

Cons

Horrible leadership!! When your PM has her husband and sister working all under the same contract you know there's something shady going on. To make matters worse upper management simply ignored the situation. It also seems that the company values contradict themselves. There unrealistic goals lost them a contract that they had been on for over ten years.

Advice to Management

HR policy is there for a reason. Follow it as it prevents those pesky lawsuits of favoritism and discrimination in the future. It would also help to have experienced Managers in Management roles. Not just fancy talking people in suits with no experience in maintaining contracts.

Department of Labor / VETS Service Desk Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Service Desk Representative in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some nice co-workers who also quit.

Cons

Very high turnover. To get promoted you need to kiss a lot of behind. There seems to be a lot of preferential treatment and preference towards one race. Reps are overworked and the pay is not enough. If you screw up you get to hear it from everyone, but if you do a great job no one says anything.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly and chose your management based on skills, qualifications and experience, not skin color.

7. A great place to build a career

Former Employee - Applications Development Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Applications Development Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great flexibility with working remotely. Competitive salary and benefits - the last year I was there, the benefits increased greatly, but that seemed to be the norm with big companies that year (2013). Challenging work, great people. I had an 18-year run, and would do it again if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

It seems they are taking years to go through their "transformation initiative" into "layers of 8". I fell victim to one of the weekly layoffs last year.

Advice to Management

Improve communication from the top down.

8. Nice team

Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst Lead in Chantilly, VA
    Former Contractor - Programmer Analyst Lead in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team and coworkers. Healthy work-life balance. Allow telecommute and flexible work hours.

Cons

Unstable project contracts. Sometimes managers did not do their job to manage the team.

9. A great company to work for.

Former Employee - Technical Editor in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Editor in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with a great team of professionals there.

Cons

Dependency on contracts for secure employment.

Advice to Management

Aim high.

10. Exciting

Former Employee - Lead Tech in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Tech in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always treated with respect and its nice to have a place to work that you love!

Cons

Contracts End so you worry!

EOC contract in Chantilly VA and Forth Worth TX

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good element that I can really think of at this moment is the CSC e-learning website

Cons

I was a System Administrator with CSC with a high security clearance and got paid like a Tier-1 Helpdesk person. I was promised a raise and when I accepted the new position the raise never followed. The management has a very high turnover and so does the other staff. Everybody working on the FBI EOC contract is unhappy and wants to leave. CSC in general is not a beneficial company to work for. The benefits through Aetna are extremely bad and keeps getting worse every year. The HR personnel is indifferent and lazy. It is not uncommon to create a case and not hear back. In general I sensed that everybody i spoke to expressed that they were underpaid, if they compared to other government contracts.

Advice to Management

revise lower layers of management ASAP and seriously review the HR personnel

Showing 25 of 3,692 reviews