Computer Sciences Corp

2.7
2,698 Reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this (in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great place to build a career

Former Employee - Applications Development Manager  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Applications Development Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great flexibility with working remotely. Competitive salary and benefits - the last year I was there, the benefits increased greatly, but that seemed to be the norm with big companies that year (2013). Challenging work, great people. I had an 18-year run, and would do it again if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

It seems they are taking years to go through their "transformation initiative" into "layers of 8". I fell victim to one of the weekly layoffs last year.

Improve communication from the top down.

Department of Labor / VETS Service Desk Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Service Desk Representative  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Service Desk Representative in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some nice co-workers who also quit.

Cons

Very high turnover. To get promoted you need to kiss a lot of behind. There seems to be a lot of preferential treatment and preference towards one race. Reps are overworked and the pay is not enough. If you screw up you get to hear it from everyone, but if you do a great job no one says anything.

Treat employees fairly and chose your management based on skills, qualifications and experience, not skin color.

Nice team

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst Lead  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst Lead in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team and coworkers. Healthy work-life balance. Allow telecommute and flexible work hours.

Cons

Unstable project contracts. Sometimes managers did not do their job to manage the team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for.

Former Employee - Technical Editor  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Editor in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked with a great team of professionals there.

Cons

Dependency on contracts for secure employment.

Aim high.

Exciting

Former Employee - Lead Tech  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Tech in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always treated with respect and its nice to have a place to work that you love!

Cons

Contracts End so you worry!

Overall satisfied with this company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, offers corporate training, allows some work flexibility

Cons

The health benefits are getting worse and worse each year. Good thing that they are cutting overhead costs but not the employees, but I still think that insurance cost for the employees are way too high

Create more opportunities within the company to allow career growth.

EOC contract in Chantilly VA and Forth Worth TX

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only good element that I can really think of at this moment is the CSC e-learning website

Cons

I was a System Administrator with CSC with a high security clearance and got paid like a Tier-1 Helpdesk person. I was promised a raise and when I accepted the new position the raise never followed. The management has a very high turnover and so does the other staff. Everybody working on the FBI EOC contract is unhappy and wants to leave. CSC in general is not a beneficial company to work for. The benefits through Aetna are extremely bad and keeps getting worse every year. The HR personnel is indifferent and lazy. It is not uncommon to create a case and not hear back. In general I sensed that everybody i spoke to expressed that they were underpaid, if they compared to other government contracts.

revise lower layers of management ASAP and seriously review the HR personnel

Going down hill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CSC used to be a great place to work. The is a lot of telecommuting work available.

Cons

CSC has been too busy cutting costs deeply where ever they can. Lot of the top talent has left or is leaving the company. They still going through restructuring and layoffs. I would wait a year (until mid 2014) to let the dust settle before thinking about joining.

Very good benefits for continuing education and gaining certifications.

Current Employee - Project Management Leader  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Project Management Leader in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work on some very technical, meaningful national security initiatives.

Cons

Salary; current delayering process has been painful for many; leadership.

Listen more to your tenured middle managers.

Professional environment with talented co-workers

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Outstanding resources and flexibility. Involvement in virtually every aspect of information technology . Very competitive salary and benefits. Opportunity to collaborate with talented people across company.

Cons

Use of "bull pen" office space for senior people is unsatisfactory. Staff often impacted by low bid - unrealistic work estimates by management borne by staff.

Spend more time on realistic proposal costing based on prior work vs. a winning target price.

Computer Sciences Corp Photos

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!