Computer Sciences Corp

2.9 2,449 reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie

Mike Lawrie

2,449 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this"
    in 225 reviews
  • "The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract"
    in 68 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance can be difficult during the first couple months of the year"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English"
    in 77 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

An okay company

Senior Test Architect (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsBig brand added to your CV other than nothing

ConsNot at all employee friendly, No scope for growth

Changes in recent time specially in its Business services sector

Business Analyst Senior Professional (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

Pros1) CSC has good legacy - lot of products and IP which give edge over other services companies.
    2) Till now the policies were more employee friendly
    3) People in general in CSC are good

Cons1) Do not want to change and trying to cope up with time and competition ( even not sure who are the competitors ?)
    2) Over emphasis on policies and procedures and lot of variation/exception in various business units and division which make you look fool in front of other divisions' employee
    3) Not able to en cash the IP and no way knows how to runs products
    4) Do not value SME even if you have IP knowledge
    5) Changing policies and procedures a lot in recent time and do not care about employee morals
    6) Legging behind in use of technology and trends for its own management , work

Advice to Senior Management1) Make sure if you want to make it services and application development company - sell IP to someone else who can take care of people in products and take products to new level where customer who purchased CSC products will be benefited.
    2) In name of change just do not change the policies and benefits to employee. What really should be change is - The way to sell product/services, Process to do projects, outdated operation software and internal controlling applications, duel management etc

Turnaround Underway

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsWell positioned to become important player in IT Transformation to a cloud model for enterprise and government.

ConsBig ship to turn and entrenched culture and incentives could slow progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the "new" customer-- the need to transition to IT-as-a-Service and do not perpetuate the business models and practices that got them in the trouble in the first place.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's almost a virtual company that has enormous resources for you to become your task master.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsThe company takes care of their employees in terms of benefit and work assignment.

ConsI did not have reliable on-sight manager. I was sent to a company where I did not have CSC manager formally introducing me to the work habits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow the company, the culture and the expectations of the company you are contracting with and then pass the expectations on to the employee.

Good work poor management

Integration Engineer (Former Employee)
    Merrifield, VA

ProsGood training opportunities. Liked what I was doing, good work to personal life balance and they seem to try to hang on to people

ConsI worked for this company on two different programs. They are more of a help desk organization. The management did not treat me well to the point that HR took note. Management spent more time trying to discredit the the COTR and myself than trying to get the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your people skills. Get a clue who you work for

CSC is a diverse, global environment that is creating a new way of doing business.

ProsCSC has many good opportunities to learn and grow.

ConsCSC is in transition with new goals and objectives that require clarification.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage individual participation by rewarding new ideas monetarily and with perks.

Great Work/life Balance

ProsThe People you work with are very smart and informative. The work/Life balance here is also great, especially if you are on the bench.

ConsWhen on a project you may be required to stay on-site longer than expected. But thats any project. There can be some uncertainty sometimes, when you're on the bench and that can get nerve racking someitmes..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Culture consistent. It seems like there are a lot of changes that happen often within a short period of time.

Not a great place to work right now

Principal Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsI still have a job and the stock has recovered.

ConsLayoffs. Selling off divisions. Bell shaped performance curve. 40% of employees must be rate as not meeting expectations or worse. Only top 10% received raises. Vacation policy change caps annual leave carry over to 40 hours. Will only buy back in vacation at 40% hourly rate. Pension benefits frozen. Company wringing out costs at the expense of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better or see tremendous turnover.

CSC

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsLarge company with many opportunities.

ConsPoor support by management and little concern for personal growth.

Worst company I've ever worked for… by far.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsHigh base salary helps keep the lights on.

ConsTotally disorganized. Management completely out of touch with reality. Company full of people who like to talk, but don't do anything. Outside of the CEO, the senior leadership is weak. There is no sales culture. No one has the authority to make a decision without a committee of 30 people reviewing an opportunity. Comp plan does not incentivize the behavior the company seeks. Benefits (including vacation allowance) are terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring more managers (especially from stagnant, dying companies) and hire more competent, hungry sales & pre-sales support people to drive change in this company. Empower the field if you truly want to drive sales. Eliminate the committees and all of the redundant & unnecessary processes that inhibit sales. Provide offerings that are relevant and price competitive in the market, and that can be delivered. The 2-weeks vacation policy for the first 5 years of employment is a complete joke and totally out of touch with the market… change it. Tying company OI and customer satisfaction to individual sales compensation is asinine too. No good salesperson will want to come to CSC unless drastic changes are made.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Computer Sciences Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Computer Sciences Corp CEO Mike Lawrie. All 2,449 reviews posted anonymously by Computer Sciences Corp employees.