Computer Sciences Corp Reviews

1. Fun place to work

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good compensation for the work you do.

Cons

The drive to and form work.

None right now

Good people managed by chaos

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Coppell, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will meet many stellar people here with excellent skills and potential.

Cons

The office culture is one of chaotic management with frantic emails and memos going out every day changing policies and them switching them right back when it is found that the new policy was ill thought out, only to have another manager veto it and institute another ill-planned band-aid policy or procedure.

Massive work load and unrealistic expectations lead to a very high turn-over rate.

Take the time to consider how to change things and more importantly why they are being changed. Actually talk to the people who implement and support this process and get their input beforehand, they will often be able to show you the pitfalls before you leap into them.

Consider treating your employees more humanely.

Stop threatening an entire help desk in an email or chat over the actions of one analyst - especially when a little research (the recorded phone logs and service orders) will prove the analyst was the one in the right and the customer was making a false accusation.

Good experience

Former Employee - Help Desk in Coppell, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get the opportunity to learn new applications and to work in IT

Cons

Training is not so good. I ended up supporting seven different companies and I only got good training for two of those company.

Better training

Senior Desktop Support Analyst II

Former Employee - Support Analyst Senior Level in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Support Analyst Senior Level in Coppell, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Constant paycheck, Holiday pay, paid time off.

Cons

working here is like being in a prison, you are told when to pee, when to eat, you can't step away from your desk. you can't wear this or that. if you take too long on a call a manager will be asking you why you can't do your job. I thought this was an IT job, but the focus is on quantity and not Quality. more calls = more money no one cares if the issues get resolved on the other end.

invest in your employees, train them, nurture them, and help them grow. stop cutting funds for recognition programs. your Coppell call center needs lots of help. it's top heavy and no one seems to care about the employees. the turnover here is atrocious.

"Companies attract Employees, Employees Quit their boss, not their Job"

Mediocrity attacks excellence

Former Employee - Help Desk in Coppell, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement
    Basic exposure to technologies like Active Directory, Exchange, VPN, etc
    It's exceedingly easy work if you put forth just a little effort

Cons

The DTC in Coppell is a joke. If you are an IT person, this is not the place to be, maybe spend a year if you're getting your feet wet, but leave as soon as you can. It started off different but gradually became a soul-sucking call center over the years. You are not paid to think or fix things, just reset passwords and cut tickets. I have personally heard operations managers and team leads say they could get monkeys to do the job their team does, make racist comments, ask employees why they don't like them out in the open, and openly fool around with subordinates. People get promoted because they kiss up and schmooze. People get hired with no skills whatsoever because they go to church with the team lead. Meanwhile the brightest techs get picked on because the incompetent managers in charge are afraid of the smart people around them so they look for reasons to bully them and keep them down. Every career move in that center that is not a team lead or manager is a lateral move. They will tell workers sometimes there are no raises this year, but their friends on the team get raises. Then they splurge on a customer service week in October and act like it's all good again. If you want to be told you are not good enough to do a job that is beneath you by people who are in positions they are completely unsuited for - this is where to be. If you appreciate the value of hard work, learning, career advancement, and mutual respect - stay away.

Stop being petty and throwing your little bit of power around like big shots when it's obvious to everyone you are insecure and incompetent. Your employees are what make you look good, but you don't respect them and wonder why there is ridiculous turnover and you constantly fail to meet SLAs and KPIs. You spend more time in meetings pointing fingers and looking at numbers than you do solving problems and working with your teams.

CSC: A Last Resort for Employment

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Coppell, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Honestly, the only reason to work at CSC at the time I was there was that the pay rate was generally higher than comparable positions at other companies. I have heard from friends that still work there, however, that salaries have been cut since I left the company in November 2007.

Cons

I could write a book about the downsides to working at CSC. Management is generall incompetant and condescending to employees. I would compare being an employee at CSC to being a child at a daycare. Employees are penalized for doing a good job rather than just what is required not to get fired (which is what about 95% of employees there do). I had to actually hand in my two-week's notice to get the attention of management about my desire to move to a different shift. At that point, I had accepted another position at another company, and declined CSC's offer. You cannot trust management with their word.

The race card is played a lot in the environment where I worked. Unfortunately, there is concrete evidence to prove this, but over the period I worked there, members of one certain race were given more promotions and consideration than any other.

Go to college. Take a course in management. Treat your employees with respect and they will respect you. When you see an employee have to either A) threaten to quit, or B) actually quit before you listen to their concerns, you are not a competant manager.

Computer Sciences Corp Photos