Computer Sciences Corp Reviews

2.7
2,649 Reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this (in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Was once a great company

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comparable salary. Medical benefits were decent. I worked with a great team of people. We were always there for each other and came together when a job needed to get done.

Cons

Worked many overtime hours without overtime pay. The employee evaluation process was a joke! A person who you didn't work for, yet alone even know, wrote and approved your evaluation. The rating scale was absolutely ridiculous as well. I don't believe in inflated evaluations, but so many people who worked their tails off every day did not get the credit they so deserved. Pay raises were a joke as well. Now with the new evaluation system, pay raises are non existent to the average joe employee who needs them most. The new leave policy is absolutely ridiculous as well. Employees are no longer able to carry leave over from year to year. You have to use it during the year you accrued it. Vacation time is being forced on employees whether they want to take it or not.

I left CSC because of personal reasons but know many people who still work there. The evaluation, vacation, and overtime policies really need to be looked at. Listen to your employees and get their input! Employee Evaluations should be done by a manager that knows the employee and what they do. They should not be done by a manager in a completely different sector that has no idea what the employees sector even does.

Great company being led down the wrong path.

Former Employee - IT Quality Manager
    Former Employee - IT Quality Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours and work schedule.

Cons

CEO a traitor. Cuts American jobs only to replace them by low cost center jobs in India while he makes $22 million in a year for doing so.

Large company. Work Experiences will vary by location

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

At my particular site, the management is excellent, the employees are great, the health benefits meet the needs, the education benefits are outstanding, pay is excellent, work life balance is second to none

Cons

New employee rating system mandates at least one person in each section be selected as a needs improvement. But every where I have worked has had that one guy who should probably be looking for another job.

No advice.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

internship provided good experience, but did not want to return.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, I had some great coworkers, a flexible schedule, and decent pay. I was able to get a large variety of projects and work for multiple teams.

Cons

Management didn't seem excited about the future, not a lot of upward mobility, seemed very stagnant. People did not seem thrilled to be where they were.

Ask more questions/suggestions of lower-level employees, need more energy overall.

Great Environment

Former Employee - Project Management Intern
    Former Employee - Project Management Intern

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great culture. I found deadlines were always met, but not because they grinded employees to death, but rather because the management team is highly efficient and transparent about what needs to be done

Cons

It is a large company so obviously it is tough to get quality face time with management, and in terms of perks there really were not a whole lot of awesome ones I was not expecting.

Maybe just make it a point to get to know members of your teams a bit more, it might help improve the overall enthusiasm levels.

Fair and typical government contract employer

Current Employee - Systems Integrator  in  Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Integrator in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regular paychecks, work-life balance is very good, great co-workers. Exciting and interesting being on base and away from the outside community.

Cons

The contract eventually goes up for bid and or ends. Uncertainty is a fact, the employees become a little unnerved.

The management style is working fine for a global company.

Good Company

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Great Culture and Team members

Cons

Nothing negative great team to work with.

Co Location will fail

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good group of co workers

Cons

CSC only thinks of the bottom line and how to get their executives the bonus's they need.

Stop the whole relocation project. You are going to loose so much talent just so you can can put all your eggs in one basket? Your better keeping your assets spread out.

Dedicated Employees Working For Clueless Executives

Current Employee - IT Administrative
    Current Employee - IT Administrative

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Remote work environment somewhat off-sets long work days and week-end work.

Cons

Abuse of employees by expecting 10+ hour work days due to poor staffing levels.

None. They have no control over the decisions made by executives.

Very Good Company...

Current Employee - Quality Senior Professional  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Senior Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Good Company to work with. Good Ethics... Good Exposure to grow. Lots of Opportunity

Cons

Need to provide Bonus as well..

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!