Computer Sciences Corp

2.7
2,722 Reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this (in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company being led down the wrong path.

Former Employee - IT Quality Manager
    Former Employee - IT Quality Manager

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours and work schedule.

Cons

CEO a traitor. Cuts American jobs only to replace them by low cost center jobs in India while he makes $22 million in a year for doing so.

Cons outweigh the pros now

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with, opportunities to learn new tools, tuition reimbursement, telecommuting

Cons

Layoffs have led to understaffed teams, overworked people, stressful situations, and loss of job satisfaction. Add to that the decreasing benefits coverage, increased cost of benefits, mandatory vacation policies, and merit program where they cannot evaluate you based on your true performance, poor merit raises (if any) that don't even cover the cost of living increases.. The recent strategies and policies make employees feel unappreciated.

Recent loss of job satisfaction is resulting in poorer employee job satisfaction, therefore also affecting performance, absenteeism, and negative attitudes are contagious. Please invest in appropriate resources for teams to get work done. Invest in your employees and give incentives and rewards.

Was once a great company

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comparable salary. Medical benefits were decent. I worked with a great team of people. We were always there for each other and came together when a job needed to get done.

Cons

Worked many overtime hours without overtime pay. The employee evaluation process was a joke! A person who you didn't work for, yet alone even know, wrote and approved your evaluation. The rating scale was absolutely ridiculous as well. I don't believe in inflated evaluations, but so many people who worked their tails off every day did not get the credit they so deserved. Pay raises were a joke as well. Now with the new evaluation system, pay raises are non existent to the average joe employee who needs them most. The new leave policy is absolutely ridiculous as well. Employees are no longer able to carry leave over from year to year. You have to use it during the year you accrued it. Vacation time is being forced on employees whether they want to take it or not.

I left CSC because of personal reasons but know many people who still work there. The evaluation, vacation, and overtime policies really need to be looked at. Listen to your employees and get their input! Employee Evaluations should be done by a manager that knows the employee and what they do. They should not be done by a manager in a completely different sector that has no idea what the employees sector even does.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't plan on staying

Current Employee - Professional Systems Engineer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Professional Systems Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent company to work for, gives skilled workers room to breathe and get on with work.

Cons

Middle-management is made up of skilled IT workers promoted into unfamiliar, untrained positions, leading to poor planning.
    There's a revolving door mentality, even though some people have been working for CSC for decades. Some folks make themselves indispensable by refusing to share information, or by working many more hours than they log with the company.

Good Benefits and Flexible Work Environment

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leave accumulation for 15yrs + of service
    Medical Benefits
    401K
    Diversity
    Team member Support
    Competitive salaries

Cons

Lots of re-organization as of late
    Questions marks regarding future

Involve employees more in decision making
    share more information regarding future plans

It *was* a great place to work....

Former Employee - Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

When I first joined CSC (formerly Contiuum), it was a fantastic place to work; however, once the CSC culture proliferated FSG, the values and culture shifted.

Cons

Constantly having lay offs, cutting costs, eliminating employee benefits, and reducing salaries (I took a 5% pay cut one year). Bonuses were almost all discretionary and you weren't rewarded for performance.

Invest more in your employees

Good company, but getting project is difficult, also HR is very slow

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

Good pay, good client base.

Cons

Difficult to get projects, HR is slow.

Working here is a learning experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am learning different aspects of insurance. The benefits are phenomenal. There is a good work/life balance, Caring supervisors and great manager.

Cons

The pay is not sufficient for the work. More supervisors or team leads are needed.

Hire more supervisor or team leads. Tune up on training.

Senior System Engineer

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable and interesting project working with smart colleagues

Cons

There is no clear career path

Great opportunites but has become a place of fear

Current Employee - Program Executive  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Program Executive in Providence, RI

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities and great companies to work with. Variety of types of work, technologies, industries.

Cons

Cost cutting has gone on for too long and every day we seem to lose more long term colleagues. New mangement staff is brutal. This may be what the company needs to do to survive, but being here for it is not pleasant. Hard to be engaged when you are constantly in fear and watching colleagues be slayed unfeelingly.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!