Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.9 2,512 reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie

Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this(in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract(in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work(in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English(in 84 reviews)

2,512 Employee Reviews

Used to be great! Not anymore!

Software Engineer Professional (Current Employee)

ProsCSC dominates the industries in which it does business. Co-workers are skilled and a delight with which to work!

ConsReviews are dictated to be lower than deserved. Raises low or nonexistent. Benefits going downhill fast. Reductions in force are constant and lead to constant fear and zero morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and treat us as if you value us.

Good place to work, recent management changes and cost cuts hurting employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for CSC for over 10 years, and overall it was a great place to work. However, in more recent times the company restructuring and cost cutting results in employees taking it on the chin in areas like compensation, job roles and benefits.

ConsLow morale due to reduction in force. Poor raises and employee career development

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat loyal and hard working employees as more than just a number, we are your product.

Worst CEO we ever had.

Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNone at this moment.

It used to be great company, great employees, great working environment.

ConsCurrently we have the worst CEO, to improve the balance so that he can keep getting his bonuses, he has taken away employee's health benefit, vacations, offices, giving no salary increments, firing employees when not required, etc

This CEO is determined to bankrupt CSC. A lot many great Talent CSC employee, who were the back bone of CSC has left because he forced salary cut on them so that he can increase his bonus.

Today, (2014) CSC has turned into a north Korea.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new CEO who thinks about the company rather only his bonus. A lot many stupid policies were implemented by new CEO, all should be scrapped.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One dimensional. Self managing with little chance of advancement.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsMay have opportunities to work from home. That's about it.

ConsLittle or no team concept. Be prepared to do things on your own and to look out for yourself because management or leadership is sorely lacking. Work-life balance non-existing. Like a colleague of mine used to say......They suck the life out of you"

Advice to Senior ManagementTrue leadership is lacking from mid-level on down managers. Have had many supervisors....no leaders.

Inside Scoop on CSC

Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros- Long term employees are generally paid well
    - Location is generally good
    - Most people at operational level are nice to each other

Cons- Very unstable at the moment
    - Lots of movement at executive level
    - Aggressive cost cutting is affecting general employees' job satisfaction

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a strategy to keep talents. Service industry key to long term survival is talent.

For self directed/self motivated people who want to carve their own destiny

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

Pros-Corporate support and major investments in the latest next gen technologies
    -Advancement opportunities exist if you push hard
    -Client work can be very intrinsically rewarding

Cons-Need to create your own path and rise above the poorly structured performance management
    -Corporate structure and constant change in leadership makes it difficult to build a career
    -Raises and monetary rewards are few and far between, reserved only for upper management.

Advice to Senior Management-Spend time to recognize the importance of individual employees and their contributions- this means talking to customers about employee's work. Provide real constructive feedback that is actionable.
    -Invest in their learning as competitive advantage- not just the general base computer based training available to everyone.
    -Reward hard work and real contribution.

Site Manager

Site Manager (Former Employee) Macdill AFB, FL

ProsPromotions with CSC were fair and just. If you worked hard and deserved a raise, you would! The work was clearly defined and access to supervisors was always easy and available. Great mentoring company. I learn a great deal in the almost 10 years I was with CSC.

ConsLike any other position, sometimes the hours were long. This is understandable as we were supporting the military in the middle east.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch, as you have been, with the managers and techs in the field. It is important that they are acknowledged and recognized for the work they accomplish for the warfighter. I would work for CSC again if the opportunity presented itself near my home.

Oustanding

Army Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Fort Bliss, TX

ProsTake cre of their people

ConsThereis nothing to saybad about CSC

I feel more experienced every day

Tech Support (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsTraining is always available and resources are provided when needed.

ConsDeciding which career path to choose next.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great leadership skills

Layoffs imminent

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe slow bureaucracy of CSC allows for decent work | life balance. Generous tuition reimbursement is offered, but this has to be approved by management.

ConsMany jobs are being outsourced to other countries; minimal % raises even for top performing employees; continuous threat of layoffs.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!