Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.9 2,530 reviews

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie

Mike Lawrie

Pros
  • I have been enjoying work-life balance for some time; but not sure how long I can continue this (in 243 reviews)

• The opportunity to work from home "IF" it was written in the initial contract (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance advertised as being important when in reality it should be work (in 40 reviews)

• Very bad senior management, dont even have ethics or know to speak proper English (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights
2,530 Employee Reviews

Used to be great! Not anymore!

Software Engineer Professional (Current Employee)

ProsCSC dominates the industries in which it does business. Co-workers are skilled and a delight with which to work!

ConsReviews are dictated to be lower than deserved. Raises low or nonexistent. Benefits going downhill fast. Reductions in force are constant and lead to constant fear and zero morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and treat us as if you value us.

Worst CEO we ever had.

Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNone at this moment.

It used to be great company, great employees, great working environment.

ConsCurrently we have the worst CEO, to improve the balance so that he can keep getting his bonuses, he has taken away employee's health benefit, vacations, offices, giving no salary increments, firing employees when not required, etc

This CEO is determined to bankrupt CSC. A lot many great Talent CSC employee, who were the back bone of CSC has left because he forced salary cut on them so that he can increase his bonus.

Today, (2014) CSC has turned into a north Korea.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new CEO who thinks about the company rather only his bonus. A lot many stupid policies were implemented by new CEO, all should be scrapped.

Good place to work, recent management changes and cost cuts hurting employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for CSC for over 10 years, and overall it was a great place to work. However, in more recent times the company restructuring and cost cutting results in employees taking it on the chin in areas like compensation, job roles and benefits.

ConsLow morale due to reduction in force. Poor raises and employee career development

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat loyal and hard working employees as more than just a number, we are your product.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One dimensional. Self managing with little chance of advancement.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsMay have opportunities to work from home. That's about it.

ConsLittle or no team concept. Be prepared to do things on your own and to look out for yourself because management or leadership is sorely lacking. Work-life balance non-existing. Like a colleague of mine used to say......They suck the life out of you"

Advice to Senior ManagementTrue leadership is lacking from mid-level on down managers. Have had many supervisors....no leaders.

Inside Scoop on CSC

Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros- Long term employees are generally paid well
    - Location is generally good
    - Most people at operational level are nice to each other

Cons- Very unstable at the moment
    - Lots of movement at executive level
    - Aggressive cost cutting is affecting general employees' job satisfaction

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to create a strategy to keep talents. Service industry key to long term survival is talent.

Contract world

ProsGreat pay at first and hopefully you do not renew contract yearly

ConsContract renewals come with no warning.literally can be given a weeks termination notice if contract rebid is not succesfull. If you lose contract and they want to keep you the new companies average a 20% paycut

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest and keep employees informed and up to date. Understand your worries of people jumping ship quickly but they have families too

No motivation for advancement

Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsPleasant working enviorment, co-workers enjoyable to mwork with

Consno raises, no COLA, no bonusus, no upward mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the condensending attitude towards non-exempt employees

So so

ProsThey pay well considering the area

ConsManagement is not good they don't think for themselves and don't take suggestions that would benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to supporting staff some are very knowledgeable and have good input sometimes you should think outside of the box.

Can do better

Team Leader (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWork From Home afforded, a good benefits plan. Educational resources are available. Corporate discounts are good. Good standing among the general public.

ConsEasy to get lost, there are 96K employees. Promotions are arbitrary, absolutely no raises, inflation is taboo. No moving allowances. Zero encouragement for personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat exactly is the internal job application site for? If you apply for one 10 days later without reason they will reject lateral movement. There is no scope for improvement unless i know influencers within the company. Its sad. Employee attrition will hit you if you continue to mistreat employees.

Need lot of changes

Account General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery strong capable individuals. Lot of strength in Infrastructure, Cyber Security etc.

ConsContinous change. Weak India strory

Advice to Senior Managementstability

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!