Computer Sciences Corp Reviews

2.6
Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie
Mike Lawrie
1,259 Ratings

Pros
  • Relatively good work/life balance (in 299 reviews)

• You can work from home when needed (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is a joke (in 53 reviews)

• every year (or earlier) senior management below Mike Lawry is being replaced making it difficult to plan long term (in 89 reviews)

3,598 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Great Company

Former Employee - Senior Field Inspector/Engineer in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Inspector/Engineer in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 401k, Dental, Medical, Working near beautiful places and great people.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I'd change off hand

Advice to Management

No advice to Management.

Mediocre IT Company at Best

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wide range of opportunities in different geographic locations, as expected for a large company. Some flexibility to work remotely. Not much more to say; it used to be a much better company.

Cons

Not an employee friendly company. Few if any raises the past few years for majority of USA employees, including high performers. Annual shrinking benefits. No training budget. Gutted HR Dept. Little to no company pride or loyalty, including in senior management ranks. Constant drumbeat of re-orgs. create an atmosphere of permanent instability and lack of confidence in top leadership. Steady outflow of "best and brightest" due to lack of advancement and confidence in the company's direction.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting to the bone for short term appeasement to Wall Street and personal financial gain. Start investing in your people (i.e. intellectual capital) to distinguish your company from the competition.

Avg Company

Current Employee - Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very good about communicating to employees and the education is good.

Cons

The pay is not great and they dont not give bonuses. You are not recognized enough for your accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Please listen more to employees opinions and make them feel valued.

Application Engineer

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Blythewood, SC
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Blythewood, SC

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility and co-worker collaboration are a plus. CSC is a prestigious company with a long heritage. Many educational resources are available.

Cons

Depressing work atmosphere feels like a death march. Training is only available on your own time. Salary has flatlined. Loyalty is not valued.

Advice to Management

The workers are dedicated to CSC customers and sacrifice to keep them satisfied. Some acknowledgement of appreciation would go a long way.

Senior Professional: Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp (More than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommuting; good people, but not much else to benefit and support employees.

Cons

No raises, mediocre benefits, high fees on 401(k), lack of training, high stress, no career path, mandatory vacation, old hardware, have even had to buy some of my own software, internal "Help Desk" is really bad, uninspired and occasionally abusive middle mgmt work/life balance is very poor. Bottom line: DON'T WORK HERE

Advice to Management

No advice. You've already ruined the company and demoralized the workforce. In 2 weeks I'm gone.

No raises, no promotions, no training, no career path

Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp (More than 5 years)

Pros

Is a job Located within the United States

Cons

I cover three departments on my own several times a week. I've worked here for 5 years with no raise. I am told each year that no raises are being given in the company. We don't get stock options or a free meal once a year or anything like that. When I was hired they said they'd buy us a T-shirt, but that never happened and was a sign of things to come. There is no training. Employees are not considered assets worth improving. You need to know everything for the job you are to be hired for, and once you have it, it's yours until you quit. You aren't getting promoted, ever. If your supervisor, boss, or team lead leaves, they will NOT promote internally. They will either make another employee take over those duties without compensation or hire externally. Contact with corporate is only negative. They do not know I exist until they want me to redo 5 pages of Human Resources paperwork or give them money or something. The first time I hear about some new program they have is after it's come and gone and I'm delinquent in doing something. I've never been contacted about our benefits selection, the possibility of a raise, who my boss is (?!?!?!), or really anything at all about the company. When I need something to do my job, it's a 6 month+ ordeal. Say I need Tool A to complete a project. I sit down, find whatever new system I need to use, because they change it every year. Well, I need to create an account. How do I do that? No idea. But a week later and 10 or so hours with their MULTIPLE service desks bouncing me back-and-forth and I have a request in to create an account that needs to be approved by my three bosses. I haven't even heard of these three people before, but supposedly they're my bosses. If I call them, they've never heard of me either and can't help. Anyway, months later I'll find out I can't get the $100 tool because it isn't in my "bosses" budget considerations. So I'll have to buy it with my own money. It would not be possible for communication within this business to be any worse. Three tiers of management up including my "boss" have never heard of me. I don't know any of their names. But I need their approvals to tie my shoes. Comparing my written review to my scored review is comical. My written review says I'm the god of employees and I work at least 3 positions simultaneously with no credit. The graded review says I eat children and live in a cave. The graded one goes towards raises. I am paid 40% of the industry average for this position and 0% of the rest that I cover. I have to work all three shifts and all seven days of the week because they were a skeleton crew here before the last 4 people quit. They have no plans to hire.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees terribly. Contact your employees so that maybe they will know your name. Stop changing human resources requirements every year. Stop requiring me to sit at my desk and do stupid HR questionnaires for hours at a time instead of doing my job. I don't need to spend 4 hours watching videos and reading about how to go about not sexually assaulting other workers so STOP REQUIRING ME TO.

8. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Principal Solution Architect in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Principal Solution Architect in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, well managed. New company structure is just the medicine that we have needed for a long time. I would recommend to a friend.

Cons

I left and came back recently. HR processes not so hot. It takes 4 days to be recognized as an employee by HR once on board. I couldn't even get technical help until I was there 4 days.

Senior Quality Professional

Former Employee - Senior Quality Professional in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Professional in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Had some long term contracting clients hence was able to stay billable.

Cons

No Bonus and other cash incentives. No O T. Worst Managers and not much growth.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and do not deprive them of their over time and other incentives.

11th worst company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Desktop Management Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Desktop Management Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management doesn't micromanage they give tasks and it up to you to get It done some weeks are 10hrs of work others 65, but in end it works out

Cons

11th worst company to work for need i saymore? The company is in a constant state of change, huge rotation of management, no raises for years, the fat has been trimmed yet they keep pushing, the company has zero advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on how to save money and instead focus on how to make more money. The fat has been trimmed, get new business, reward your employees, stop giving 0 percent raises to employee who you give good reviews to. Stop nicking and dimming the staff ever year you come up with new lows, no raises, forced vacations, 401k with holdings etc etc

11. Salary

I have been working at Computer Sciences Corp

Pros

I have no words to say

Cons

Not a good exp...salary is low

Showing 3,598 of 3,723 reviews