Computer Sciences Corp

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Computer Sciences Corp President & CEO Mike Lawrie

Mike Lawrie

269 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Transforming into a company that simply focuses on stock price

IT Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsGood technical people, good middle managers

Consfocus is on stock, releasing good people

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your management tenets

Good with the bad

Manager (Former Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsThe colleagues with who you work are dedicated to getting the job done.

ConsStressful environment with a rather flaky executive management staff who is not very employee focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe total disincentive of the recent performance review system where so many employees as "not meeting" management expectations is as much a reflection of their poor management as an unrealistic assessment of the employees themselves. Very emotionally deflating and not motivating anyone to do more work. Poorly thought out.

Decent if you don't get lost in the weeds

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsWork life balance, experiences, clients to work with, technology, subject matter experts, flexibility

ConsPoor management, no direction, no career growth, no transparency with regard to promotions, employees are not appreciated, dying business model

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease transparency. The boots on the ground employees are ALWAYS aware. Stop the hiding and give transparent direction with regard to growing personnel, developing leaders, and improving your legacy business model.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working with the customer was great. The corporate culture is Dilbertian

Arlington, VA

ProsGreat colleagues with which to work.. The program managers are focussed on the right things -- helping the professionals serve the customer..

ConsUpper management is more concerned with political correctness and nickel and diming expenses than promoting a sense of shared vision. The company once had a defined benefit pension plan but closed it down several years ago. It also had a forced buy-back of accumulated vacation time on a 1 for 2 basis.

Unstable Environment

Mid Level Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsOpportunity to work from home office. Co-workers smart and ambitious.

ConsCSC has been reorganizing for three years. A lot of excellent people have been laid off, sometimes with no notice at all. A lot of 'today is your last day" stories. Others have been forced to train their Indian replacements. Morale is the US is at rock bottom. Does not appear to be any light at the end of this tunnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at the results of all the off-shoring of resources. Are the customers happy ?? You get what you pay for. Drop the bell curve - it was a disaster.

CSC - Completely Sick Company

Architect (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsThere is really nothing PRO about CSC (except if you want to boast that you work for a BIG consulting firm). Do not waste your time and energy even looking at the career section either. Management is looking only at offshoring. Stay AWAY!!!

ConsNo Career
    No Training
    No Self-respect
    No Increases (but Reductions guaranteed)
    No Motivation
    No Encouragement
    No work satisfaction
    Stay AWAY Folks!! THIS IS NOT A COMPANY YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR!

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than cutting costs, encourage employees to increase revenue --> increase in Profits.. Low cost resources == low quality

Need to water the flowers

Not Sharing (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsChallenging and allowed to do your work. Solid employees in a good work environment

ConsCost cutting hitting most all employees and hitting us hard. This will and is now beginning to show in morale of those around me

Advice to Senior Managementwater the flowers lest they die

Talented individual contributors amidst organizational chaos

Senior Manager - New Business Development (Former Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsExecutive management salaries and bonuses better than industry average

ConsConstantly reorganizing work groups, management and processes
    Annual salary increases not earned by 90% of individual contributors

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize

A lot of lip service

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsIf you can find them, there are some fantastically smart, sharp individuals who can help mold your career trajectory - both within and outside of CSC. But they are few and far in between.

ConsCompany culture is horrible. Management doesn't care about employees, just getting to the bottom line, no matter what cost/sacrifice.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and truly understand (in other words, have actions represent the lip service) that your employees are your greatest asset.

Keep searching and don't settle here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

ProsFlexible work schedule and telecommuting option if your manager approves.

ConsAfter interviewing with several companies I accepted and started at CSC less than a year ago. During that time I got a new senior manager, new director and new VP. My job description completely changed and I was given a low rating because 'the department under performed' and not me. I was given no notice and layoff because they were told to cut staff and I was one if the newest members. Only 10 days vacation and no exception below director level.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly paying attention to cost is going to bite you in the end.

Worked for Computer Sciences Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Computer Sciences Corp reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Computer Sciences Corp CEO Mike Lawrie. All 269 reviews posted anonymously by Computer Sciences Corp employees.