Computer Task Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Computer Task Group Chairman, President, and CEO James R. Boldt

James R. Boldt

Pros
  • good company exposure, lots of promotions(in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits, laid back atmosphere(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee billing tends to be a focus with a viewpoint on what has the employee done for the manger lately attitude(in 3 reviews)

• As a contractor, you survive at the whim of the client - pay cuts are normal(in 3 reviews)

Great company to work for!

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis company was wonderful to me. I was getting back into the workforce after being off for some time. They took care and got me all set up and ready to hit the ground running. I really appreciate whole team. It is contracting work.

ConsIt is contractor work.

CTG has been a solid and honest contractor. They've done a good job representing me to the client

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsCTG keeps HR simple, and has good local representatives who are very engaged. They visit regularly and maintain a strong relationship with the client.

ConsContracting... so no PTO, or paid sick leave. They do offer a basic 401K however.

Advice to Senior ManagementCTG is good at what it does... if you like contracting then they are a solid choice

CTG is a temp agency in disguise.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsIT equipment provided to employees is very good and replaced ASAP if not operational.

Many social opportunities and rewards ... but only for those who work at corporate offices in city of Buffalo or are part of the "friends and family plan".

ConsThere is little or no investment in developing professionals unless you are a family member of a Sr. Manager, Director, VP, etc. and then the opportunities are limitless even if the family member has average to below average abilities.

Recruiters are ineffective in finding new assignments for skilled employees because they don't understand transferable skills. They only look for assignments by previous job titles and don't communicate with professional job candidates only their managers.

The business is primarily a temp agency in disguise despite saying they are positioned to offer long-term IT, management, quality, and consulting types of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is badly needed whether the news/info is good or bad. Issuing quarterly stock/financial reports is not the transparency employees want or need.

Employees are not stupid and can easily see that the actions of management and company culture do not match what is stated in writing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity and excellent experience

Bilingual IT Analyst (Current Employee) Painted Post, NY

ProsAn excellent, dynamic and rewarding opportunity, I learned so much at this position learning all facets of Information Technology. Management and Human Resources were very helpful, my coworkers were great to work with. I am very grateful to have worked with this company for three years.

ConsAt times, stress levels were high due to constant leadership changes, high call volumes, and a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaising the base pay in order to attract more IT-centered (not customer service) employees.

Employees Come Last: Focused On Making Every Penny At Any Cost

Global Voice Engineer (Former Employee) Corning, NY

ProsGets your foot in the door at some companies that hire contractors.
    Offers some benefits.

ConsThe overall feel was that they would stop at nothing to make that every 5 cents from anything.
    Employees come last, and it shows: you could sense this general consensus anytime speaking with them.
    They could care less about your career growth or future.
    Pay their employees the bare minimum possible, while making much more for the company.
    Insensitive to employee needs, do not care if you stay or go.
    Expensive benefits that do not meet average standards in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease focus more on the employees; and pay them a decent salary comparable to industry standards.
    Provide growth and career advancement opportunities.
    Do not treat employees as ants (scum) that isn't important.

good company bad benefits

Prosgood company exposure, lots of promotions

Consbad benefits, not transparent management

Great Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rancho Bernardo, CA

ProsSupport staff was excellent, benefits were great

ConsOffice is in NY, job site was in CA

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Once a body shop, always a body shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeveral members of the leadership team are broad-bandwidth type professionals with good vision.

Consawful culture, little or no investment in developing professionals, pretty much a flesh-peddling business, despite what they may say about positioning themselves for strategic, management consulting type work

seem to initiate lots of strategic imperatives for new lines of business, and/or products, but never seem to provide enough runway to get them implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say you're going to invest in developing product or new business, recognize that its likely going to span multiple fiscal years - and will probably not result in profits the first year. That's why they call it an investment!

Decent place to work

Information Technology (Current Employee) Corning, NY

ProsCTG has a great staff to work with, especially the HR. You feel right at home coming to work here.

ConsCTG generally cares about their employees, however there is a lack of raises, even cost of living raises, and career advancement feels tough to accomplish.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou care about the employees, but please show you care about raises and career advancement.

a good experience

REMOTE IT SUPPORT Hd (Former Employee) Corning, NY

ProsGood pay and good entry level opportunities. good company

Conscontracts end without any type of interaction from employees. If issue arrises you have no recourse, they just get rid of you. unstable job security w contracts

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain better site managers that also have the employees well being at heart also

Worked for Computer Task Group? Contribute to the Community!