Computershare Reviews

Reset
3.1
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Pros
  • There are some great people here who work hard and really try their best to move the company forward (an uphill battle) (in 5 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment (9 to 5) and work from home policy (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No communication between new hires and management (in 4 reviews)

• No career development, management is poor, very little business growth, difficult to get to Edison location (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are extremely friendly and make work fun. I am usually somewhat introverted, but everyone is so personable it feels like we have known each other for years. The office is very well designed and has a great relaxing atmosphere. Additionally the work is very interesting if you like problem solving. They follow a typical work week schedule, and have great work life balance. Including a few activities for everyone to get together and have fun.

Cons

I may have only started a month ago, but I have no complaints so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The reason the employees have such a great demenor is because you all look out and care for them, while keeping things light.

Aug 27, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you so much for joining our growing Louisville team and for leaving feedback!

2. The best place to work in downtown!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Stock Transfer Agent in Louisville, KY

Pros

Working here at Computershare has been nothing short of a great experience! Everyone (including trainees) get recognized for their efforts on a company level. The management is friendly and truly committed to your success! The location of being downtown close to home, great pay and benefits, plus the opportunity to move between departments quickly and obtain growth within the company. Employees with only a year with the company have already seen significant promotions! Plus the people and morale in the building are amazing...no more walking into work HATING what you do!

Cons

There definitely isn't any that I've seen!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the consistent promoting within!

Aug 27, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

We are thrilled to have you as part of the team, and truly appreciate your feedback. We aspire to be an Employer of Choice where our team members are highly engaged, and leveraging their strengths ... More

3. Great Offerings

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, outstanding benefits that start right away, cool people, and a pretty good atmosphere.

Cons

Louisville is a new location and there are some stumbling blocks associated with the on boarding process, but everyone seems happy and excited to be here.

Advice to Management

Talk to your team more about their development; other opportunities, training to support growth, and options for upward movement.

Aug 27, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

Thanks so much for leaving this feedback - we have shared your advice with our leadership team in Louisville and we absolutely agree!

5. customer service

Pros

great coworkers. most departments were diverse. Easy to get along with people. The pay was okay.

Cons

bad management structure. No growth. people were focused on pointless positions

Advice to Management

talk to each other. Stop issuing powerless management positions.

6. Decent company to work for

Pros

- 401k - ESPP - Good PTO - Overall good benefits - Opportunities for advancement

Cons

- Company culture varies greatly by US location

Aug 21, 2015

Thank you for giving us this feedback - it is our employees who help us become better in all of our locations! We are working hard to establish the most robust, progressive and dynamic culture in ... More

Hard Working Employees!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Computershare (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, who have been there for a long time!

Cons

They should show more appreciation of the employees.

Aug 21, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We know that one of the key tenets of employee engagement is appreciation and recognition, and apologize that your experience was not as positive as it could have been.

8. IF I WANTED TO JOIN THE MILITARY I WOULD HAVE

Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Transfer Agent in Canton, MA

Pros

The pay is good. I started in training making $13.00 and then moved up to $15.00 on the floor. There is a lot of OT during tax season. It's a good first time office job, gives a lot of experience.

Cons

They're crazy structured. At CPU you are only allowed 8 minutes of personal time a day, so i was constantly harassed about using the bathroom. It went as far as they would want me to email my supervisor every time I would go. The training really only prepares you for the material you discuss on the phone and not how to talk to people on the phone. The entire training is 5 weeks and out of that only 1 week is on the phones and the first two days are fake calls. The manager was rude, would walk by me never saying anything.

Advice to Management

Work on your management. Train people better. Expect people to be humans and not machines. Real people need more than 8 minutes a day.

Aug 28, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

We are sorry to hear of your less than positive experience in our Canton office. We strive to be an awesome place to work, and provide training and an environment that is rewarding and engaging ... More

9. Looking forward to starting!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

Pros

Company just came to Louisville so moving up in departments will be very likely and is pushed for!

Cons

Havent seen any yet! Hope to grow with them!

Aug 21, 2015

We are thrilled to have great talent joining our company, and our new Louisville location!

10. Great for gaining experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and training opportunities

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to advance

Aug 21, 2015

We are thrilled that you consider our company great for gaining experience, and as a current employee, please know that you are encouraged to talk with your leader, human resources, or colleagues to ... More

11. Account Executive

I worked at Computershare full-time

Pros

Large company. Room for growth.

Cons

No offices all open floor plan. Pay.

Aug 21, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope that you are enjoying your current role!

RSS Feed </> Embed