Computershare Reviews

93 reviews filtered by
2.4
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Pros
  • Flexible commute and work from home policy is available to most of employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great people, lots of interesting work and project if you can get on to them (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management keep fat expense accounts and work half as hard as their staff (in 6 reviews)

• No room for growth in fact its clear that if you get stuck in this call center you will die there (in 3 reviews)

1. I had a very pleasant experience at Computershare.

Former Employee - Transactions Processor in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Transactions Processor in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Laid back culture
    -work/life balance
    -casual dress code
    -world class and consistent training
    -superiors willing and able to coach

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are somewhat limited and the pay is below industry standards.

2. We have not had a raise in about a year, but last October some departments received raises.

Current Employee - Transactions Processor
    Current Employee - Transactions Processor

I have been working at Computershare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people that I work with. Some discounts.

Cons

No raises, training is subpar, the upper management have no clue what's going on, also team leads. Only 15 days of vacation to start.

Don't be afraid of change, listen to your employees, deal with under performers accordingly, take charge, stop playing the blame game, make more opportunities for people that actually want to grow within the company and also stop showing favoritism to people that are incompetent and do not do their job well. Stop rewarding those people with more percentage of a raise than anyone else. Stop asking people to add to their skillset for no incentive or money. It's definitely not fair to ask certain people to do more than everyone else with no raise, no money, no nothing. Basically get your ACT together!!

3. if had not had to move out of state would still be there.

I worked at Computershare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the job, people and pay

Cons

Not in Washington State where I would have transferred.

Are serious communication issues, some of management not in reality of job on the call center floor

A stain on my resume

Former Employee - Manager in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefit packages. Wellness benefits. PTO can be negotiated at time of hire. Very flexible schedules supporting work/life balance.

Cons

No budget, company is in major cost cutting mode due to shrinking revenues. I was solicited for a position that evaporated 10 months later due to budget issues. Left a very solid career for an implosion.

Find new revenue streams, invest in your technology and more importantly people! Training will help all from senior management to the task worker level.

6. Borderline discrimination

Former Employee - Call Center in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare

Pros

They do have a very few competent managers that is professional and very good at knowing how to be an efficient manager.

Cons

Very angry and unfriendly co-workers. Incompetent unit leaders. Makes decision based on what they see versa seeking the truth or working with employees.

Thank god your moving out of Massachusett. I am thinking of filing a discrimation suit.

7. Temp hire

Former Contractor - Production Artist in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Contractor - Production Artist in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Computershare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Organized communication, fast-paced environment with friendly people, good company

Cons

No place to park, IT was a little lacking, no chance for full-time hire

Nice people, high expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Basically a very nice group of people. Even upper management is generally approachable and they do try to listen to the concerns of the employees.

Cons

The company is constantly trying to expand and this makes for some very onerous work schedules trying to meet deadlines. Some areas are highly political, with favoritism quite apparent. Training in many areas is inadequate, leaving people to train themselves as best they can while trying to accomplish tasks in areas where they have little expertise.

Potential great company is ruined by enterprise-approved abusive behavior

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Computershare is tops when it comes to benefits, pay, days off, insurance, 401(K), etc. compared to the competition. Management is serious about making money, a good thing if you work there because they recognize performance. On the surface, there seems to be an atmosphere of valuing employees and clients.

Cons

On the surface, there seems to be an atmosphere of valuing employees and clients but management allows bullies to stay in place, or rewards them, even in the face of egregious behavior. The whole environment becomes poisonous and employees and clients suffer the consequences.
    While management is serious about profits they refuse to invest in the aging software that is the foundation of the business. It's the only place these guys are cheap but it's creating a nightmare for the engineers and someone will come along soon with something better, faster, more secure and reliable and all the clients will go bye bye.

Guys, you've thrown money and whatever you got to motivate people. Save your cash and fire the dead weight, the bullies and the idiots. I'm now at one of your competitors, making 80% of my Computershare salary. They wooed me with a positive and smart atmosphere. You'd be surprised at how productive and loyal a happy employee can be.

10. Going through the motions. Good job bad career.

Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Investor Services Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Computershare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is good and the relaxed dress code is a nice benefit to have on hot summer days or very cold winter days.

Cons

New hire training is very long winded and a lot of time wasted sitting around waiting for system to work properly. Quarterly training is irrelevant because employees understand that management doesn't take into a account quarterly test scores in yearly review. Office moral is very low due to lack of communication by the managers. Very hard to advance within the company.

Why do employees have to attain manager written approval to apply for other jobs within the company? Management engage the employees and ask for feedback. Employees are frustrated about favoritism and lack of communication by managers. One employee said the managers act like a sort of "secret society" and I tend to agree.

11. Customer Service

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MA
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Nice place, decent workers

Cons

Hours weren't great 6pm-11.. very little advancement room

Look at your temps more a lot of them are really good workers