Computershare Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Loving this company!

Pros

Such a great organization; wonderful leaders and great culture. Amazing benefits too!

Cons

I can't think of any :)

Aug 21, 2015

Wow - we are so happy you enjoy working with us, and are excited for your opportunities ahead!

Being a manager at Computershare

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Better benefits, pay, additional compensation programs, HR policies, and vacation than any of its industry peers. Pretty relaxed environment and you don't need to be the smartest in the room to succeed but you need to know how to build relationships and be nimble.

Cons

Management is more focused on how acquisitions will grow the company rather than investing time in employee development. Because senior managers are so externally focused, many bad actors are looting the business in open daylight.

Advice to Management

Audit employee surveys and turnover patterns and address any trouble areas before they become a long-term pattern. Also, this can help you find out what's working.

Aug 21, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

Your advice is much appreciated - we are taking closer looks at our feedback mechanisms from surveys, turnover, performance and other elements to ensure we are operating in a high performance and ... More

Fairly Decent Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is "Team Work" oriented. Worked alongside a great group of people. My colleagues and direct superiors were approachable and easy to get along with.

Cons

Computershare is an Austrailian owned company that acquires American companies on an ongoing basis. As a result, there is often a lot of restructuring taking place, which unfortunately, has led to quite of bit of downsizing, layoffs and jobs being outsourced overseas.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing American jobs! If you purchase an American company, keep the jobs in America!

Aug 21, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

We appreciate your perspective, and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are proud to have a company where teamwork is so strong, and really fantastic people to ... More

Don

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Decent benefits, paid time off (if you get to use it). Works for some if you are in the right clique. PR does a good job covering their tracks and fixing issues that could have been very easily avoided. Great learning experience and looks good on a resume. Until you get fired.

Cons

Some people get stuck doing all the work until they either quit or stop caring enough to actually keep the job. Cut throat company that gives false promises and utilizes temp agencies. No raises, no merit for good performance, outsourced to the U.S. because we don't have any guts anymore and let corporations walk all over us. Took advantage of our economic downturn to make serious cash and dumb down positions. A lot of management just sucks and are a dread to deal with. Came in with high hopes and left with a rotten attitude about that place. Asinine policies.

Advice to Management

None, you know what you are.

Always in flux; low rewards for good work

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good benefits -Opportunity to learn new things -Able to work from home (role-dependent)

Cons

-Large company that doesn't consider impact on individuals -Frequent, disruptive, drastic changes -Low or no merit increases/bonuses, yet large amounts of money are being spent elsewhere frivolously -Low pay, nearly impossible to get a legitimate raise -There's no incentive to go above and beyond

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are human beings. Recognize their value and reward them for it. There is currently no real difference between how a high performer and a poor performer are regarded.

Aug 21, 2015 – VP, Recruiting

Its hard to hear this feedback, but we appreciate it nonetheless. We are taking great strides to provide meaningful reward and recognition to our team members, and particularly those who excel and ... More

7. I had a very pleasant experience at Computershare.

Former Employee - Transactions Processor in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Transactions Processor in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Laid back culture -work/life balance -casual dress code -world class and consistent training -superiors willing and able to coach

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are somewhat limited and the pay is below industry standards.

8. We have not had a raise in about a year, but last October some departments received raises.

Current Employee - Transactions Processor
    Current Employee - Transactions Processor

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that I work with. Some discounts.

Cons

No raises, training is subpar, the upper management have no clue what's going on, also team leads. Only 15 days of vacation to start.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid of change, listen to your employees, deal with under performers accordingly, take charge, stop playing the blame game, make more opportunities for people that actually want to grow within the company and also stop showing favoritism to people that are incompetent and do not do their job well. Stop rewarding those people with more percentage of a raise than anyone else. Stop asking people to add to their skillset for no incentive or money. It's definitely not fair to ask certain people to do more than everyone else with no raise, no money, no nothing. Basically get your ACT together!!

9. if had not had to move out of state would still be there.

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the job, people and pay

Cons

Not in Washington State where I would have transferred.

Advice to Management

Are serious communication issues, some of management not in reality of job on the call center floor

A stain on my resume

Former Employee - Manager in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefit packages. Wellness benefits. PTO can be negotiated at time of hire. Very flexible schedules supporting work/life balance.

Cons

No budget, company is in major cost cutting mode due to shrinking revenues. I was solicited for a position that evaporated 10 months later due to budget issues. Left a very solid career for an implosion.

Advice to Management

Find new revenue streams, invest in your technology and more importantly people! Training will help all from senior management to the task worker level.

11. Borderline discrimination

Former Employee - Call Center in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Canton, MA

Pros

They do have a very few competent managers that is professional and very good at knowing how to be an efficient manager.

Cons

Very angry and unfriendly co-workers. Incompetent unit leaders. Makes decision based on what they see versa seeking the truth or working with employees.

Advice to Management

Thank god your moving out of Massachusett. I am thinking of filing a discrimation suit.

RSS Feed </> Embed