Computershare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving

Stuart Irving

Pros
  • Flexible commute and work from home policy is available to most of employees (in 5 reviews)

• Great people, lots of interesting work and project if you can get on to them (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management keep fat expense accounts and work half as hard as their staff (in 6 reviews)

• No room for growth in fact its clear that if you get stuck in this call center you will die there (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

My work was always appreciated by management and supervisors, even when improvements were needed.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have some great benefits. There are many opportunities for growth throughout the company...in various parts of the US and around the world.

ConsExcept for some very restrictive cases, one would lose all unused PTO by the end of the fiscal year. It's not the worst thing in the world, but there is not much that I could find wrong with the company as an employer.

Computershare

Senior Workflow Analyst (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsMy immediate supervisor was above and beyond one of the best in my lifetime

ConsThey eliminated my job and I feel a bit of resentment

Excellent company that's growing despite the bad economy

ProsThis company recognizes and appreciates hard work and dedicated employees. They encourage you to find your own level so to speak and have no problem with you applying for higher paying jobs that open up within the company.

ConsThere is a tendency to establish workloads at the absolute maximum load you can handle...and sometimes more. While they are good at the things that make up their core business, they are flat out terrible at some of the ancillary employee services. Onboarding process is very weak and you are left to flounder around on your own until your colleagues help you out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to spend more personal one-on-one time with new employees and walk them through the processes. A single phone conference or Go-to-Meeting is not enough. There is no excuse for IT to take so long to get new hires access to application programs. No one should sit around for a week waiting to be able to start working.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Foot in the Door Company

Stock Records Specialist (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsIt's a good company with a solid working envoirment. Very upfront and honest with employees.

ConsNot alot of room for advancement if unless willing to move out of state. Need more employee recognition for a job well done

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and show more recognition to them for the hard work they do.

Going nowhere fast

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsPleasant coworkers. Casual environment. Work changes often. Lots of exposure to new technology.

ConsExpected to work very long hours including nights and weekends. No bonuses. No comp time. No growth opportunities. Senior management keep fat expense accounts and work half as hard as their staff. Not a good environment for mid career.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorg. Create growth opportunities. Recognize employee contributions with more than a pat on the back.

Decent job, maybe not career.

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsGood environment, stable international company probably not going away any time soon

ConsNot much room for growth where you get in is pretty much where you will stay

No growth, bad management

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsSome great people there, good for a short term opportunity, decent business model, pay was not bad

ConsNo career development, management is poor, very little business growth, difficult to get to Edison location

A good work life balance with fair compensation - opportunity for growth if you are ambitious and willing to look for it

Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood balance between work and fun
    4 weeks off to start
    diversified businesses, room for opportunity if you search it out

Consyou can get stuck in your role if you don't push for more
    salary ok, could be more competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more of the vision from the Executive Suite down - lots of changes going on

Solid development environment with excellent people

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsThey had an established QA department with great Quality people.
    Build Engineers for both the production environment and QA environment.
    Architecture Group to direct the efforts of the developers.

ConsNo room to grow or expand your role. There was a very flat structure with one project manager/personnel manager over 20 developers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for advancement.

Decent place to work...probably a good place as a stepping stone.

IT Department (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsWorking in IT you will be exposed to a lot of the new technologies. Since there is quite a bit of acquisition work and growth is primarily in the US, a lot of new technology is being implemented. Work/Life balance is good here and vacation time is decent.

ConsBonuses...well let's just say you better build it into your salary because apparently they are non-existent...regardless of what HR tells you..or your recruiter...they are just not there. That being said, just build that into your salary and hopefully you'll continue to be a motivated employee year over year. Of course, as a result...people learn cutting edge tech and there's no bonus...so naturally in IT it seems like a revolving door with employees in and out quite often.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees and drive up retention rates by offering small bonuses or spot bonuses. Not giving bonuses to employees while month after month management goes out to dinner does not drive up employee morale...and neither does bringing in expats with large expense accounts for positions that could have been filled by great performing local employees.

Worked for Computershare? Contribute to the Community!