Compuware

Compuware CEO Bob Paul

Bob Paul

112 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Still evolving

Program Director (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsIt's a good place to work with smart people,interesting work, and an opportunity to have an impact as an individual contributor or part of a team. Company has been improving strategic focus over the last couple of years.

Good work life balance
    Good amenities at corporate HQ
    Ease of mobility if you put in the effort

ConsOffice culture is not centrally managed. Pockets of progressive culture exist, but there is a lot of resistance to changing the status quo.

Limited compensation increases
    Risk during downsizing initiatives
    Heavy on upper middle management

Advice to Senior ManagementPut additional resources into training, employee development and talent management
    Flatten out organizational hierarchies

Once a good (even great) company -- no longer. Not under the current management.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsOutstanding facility -- one of the best in the country. Truly outstanding.

ConsLittle upward movement/mobility. Lack of career direction. Poor (and seemingly getting worse) financial outlook. Year after year, conference calls promised (after bad earnings) that a few key deals at the last minute just didn't come through along with management's promises to shake up sales. Horrible strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementExisting leadership has "managed the decay" of what was once a great company. Needs to clean house for much of upper management.

CPWR was very good to me, until the last few years

Developer (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThey take care of their employees. Very good salary, second-to-none benefits. The building downtown is a great place to work (although the commute is awful).

ConsIt was a great place until the company started coming unglued. Venture capitalists have been pounding the board to "unlock value", which now means sell divisions and dump people, left and right.

"Employee development" is laughable. There are no opportunities for serious training.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see any future at CPWR. Even if I could have my old job back, I don't think I'd take it. The company is just circling the drain.

The times recently when mgmt has "communicated" to employees, it hasn't said anything useful...check that...hasn't said anything at all.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company is in transation

Senior Developer (Current Employee)

ProsVery nice Gym and Daycare center

ConsManagement style are very poor

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsNice benefit package and work environment.

ConsZero career growth in Professional Services Division (PSD) of the company.

Think twice whether a potential employee or a possible business partner

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsDecent benefit package, nice group of caring co-workers.

ConsNo performance evaluations for 4 years despite escalating to Management, likewise minimal raises. Salary not competitive with industry. Vacation time has restrictions not openly communicated to staff. Poor departmental communication as well as poor Management communication. Constant turnover with Sales staff. Poor training and career development. Can't sell if you don't know the products. No upward mobility. Cliques galore. Good ole boys network. Many needless layers of Management where VP's and Directors have minimal number of direct reports. Lacking in overall strategy to grow the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee Cons above

Company in transition

Program Director/Manager (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsPrevious executive management had an extensive reach into several corporate organizations for a variety of contract work offerings. Medical and dental are competitive.

ConsInteresting work options are drying up. The Business development leads cannot mine enough opportunities to keep the people busy or interested in sticking out the uncertainty.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a strategic roadmap for the employees to show them plans for future growth. Engage or hire industry leading experts to help regroup and grow the business.

Great company!

APM Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGreat culture, truly like a family! Sr. mangement is extremly approachable and inviting. Opportunities to advance within the company if you work hard and volunteer to do more and gain experience outside of your "day to day job". Great work life balance as a mother - ability to telecommute and work from home when needed as well as a flexible schedule. 3 weeks standard vacation for new employees, along with unlimited sick/personal days - no one watching every minute you are gone.

ConsLots of processes to go through to get things done (IT, Purchasing, Etc.) and sometimes they are not clearly communicated so it can be difficult to figure out how to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate with employees the direction of the company and what the goals are.

Customer Technical Support Analyst

Customer Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsI work closely with a team of people where I have been able to enhance my knowledge of Compuware mainframe products

ConsPersonal growth is not at an advantage. There are no classes offered online or offsite. Chances of promotion from within are very slim

Advice to Senior ManagementEven thought the company has been wonderful in offering me flexible time, a gym and a cafe, there should still be an opportunity for growth

Awesome company and culture!

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsI love the company culture including the benefits, work life balance, and my co-workers. Everyone is super friendly and great to work with. The onsite daycare has been wonderful for my family! I even love working downtown Detroit, it's a dynamic place full of exciting experiences.

ConsNone, I love it and don't have any complaints!

Worked for Compuware? Contribute to the Community!

Compuware Videos

Compuware – Why Work for Us?

Who is Compuware APM? Compuware has been in the business of monitoring, managing, and improving application performance for nearly two decades. Our Application Performance Management (APM) business unit consists of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compuware reviews and ratings in Michigan — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compuware CEO Bob Paul. All 112 reviews posted anonymously by Compuware employees.