Compuware Reviews

340 reviews filtered by
3.2
Compuware Chief Executive Officer Chris O’Malley
Chris O’Malley

Pros
  • work-life balance is really depends on the position, some position are very demanding (in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits (Medical has maintained low employee contribution amount) (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • VERY limited vision / forward thinking within the Professional Services Division (in 15 reviews)

• Too many friends of senior management with inflated titles (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The "new" Compuware is on the move! I have worked at Compuware for 20 years - all within the mainframe group.

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compuware has great people, outstanding products and unparalleled support - and our future has never been brighter.

I have been fortunate to work in many different roles which has provided me with significant personal growth opportunities.

I have always felt the compensation, benefits and work-life balance aspects to be excellent. Work hard and make an impact - it won't go unnoticed and will provide you with great opportunities for growth.

Today, the "new" Compuware is vibrant, entrepreneurial and aggressively moving forward with a long-term strategy to lead the mainframe market place in innovation and customer value. Combine that with over 40 years of market leadership and significant human and technology assets and watch out... Compuware is on the move.

Cons

Any cons I might have are out-dated as there were times our executive management team was a bit challenged - but that is years ago and our new leadership is all-star caliber in terms of strategy, execution and communication.

I would like to add something that might help anyone looking at Compuware. I've skimmed through the hundreds of reviews here and noticed that most of the negative ones were posted from folks who were not in the mainframe business unit. Seeing as the "new" Compuware was formed by only the mainframe business unit, I'd suggest all those reviews are no longer valid - and if you used them to get an impression of today's Compuware you would not have an accurate picture - and might miss out on a fantastic opportunity to join us.

Let's keep our foot on the accelerator!

2. Compuware, the mainframce company then, now and in the future.

I worked at Compuware

Pros

The technical level of knowledge among the employees is second to no one, and the friendships you build will be based on mutual trust and respect for one another. The passion to create high quality products that deliver value exists within every employee.

Cons

The largest single challenge faced by employees is the ability to change the industries perspective on the mainframe. Many new age CIOs have little to no experience with the mainframe, so they distance themselves from it. Despite the mainframe being the only platform to last 50 years and be recognized to exist 10 years from now.

Assess the human capital for value, understand their needs and create individual succession plans.

3. Good work environment, good products, great employees

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment, at least until the takeover.

Cons

Lack of direction after Thoma Bravo takeover.
    Lot of confusion due to the takeover. Valuable employees are leaving due to this.
    Rumors of layoffs due to product merging with keynote, BMC etc.

Have regular meetings to discuss the direction that the company is taking.

5. Heading in Right Direction?

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Compuware full-time

Pros

Brand new leadership brought in shortly before going private. They are embracing digital presence on internet.
    New private-equity owner shows signs of allowing spend-to-grow mentality
    Good co-workers, with most here 10+ years.

Cons

Product line is old, so most current customers have been on products for many, many years
    It's difficult to develop relevant and market-changing products for the mainframe environment

Keep the changes coming. Mainframe users are dwindling due to retirement, so more automation is crucial.

Excited about the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to do what I love EVERYDAY. I am passionate about what I do, and would say that I am fixated with constant improvement and innovation. I get to make recommendations and 90% of the time, my recommendations are implemented. I have a leader that keeps me informed and supports what I do everyday. My leader also makes me feel very valuable and also give me recognition for the contributions I have made, while also informing the executive team of our team efforts. One couldn't ask for much more.

Cons

Now that Compuware doesn't own the building, some of our perks from being the building owners are now gone.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are making Compuware an exciting place have a career, and do my work!

7. Mobile Developer

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Compuware full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great work/life balance, Daycare was a life saver, Gym too.

Cons

Experienced greatly from each team I was on. Some teams were very difficult to work under with very strict hours.

Listen to your employees.

8. Compuware is a great company

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Compuware

Pros

Training benefits and opportunity fir growth

Cons

Bureaucratic, politics over progression, unsafe location

Listen to ideas

Compuware Response

Feb 25, 2015Talent Acquisition

Dear Marketing Manager, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, including some of your concerns. It is unfortunate that you felt our location was unsafe but we hope that you talked to ... More

9. Wow! Compuware is back!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Energized Executive Management team that has brought a new commitment and focus to our company!
    2. Changing the game on what it means to be a Mainframe company.....we have become an Agile development company. We released a brand new solution for the mainframe in January and we will release new products and new functionality for our solutions every quarter of every year!
    3. As the largest Mainframe only ISV - our employees once again feel a value of self worth and are committed to the success of our company!
    4. There is a vibe and energy that I have not seen since the late 90's!
    5. Our CEO is committed to our success; he understands what is needed to win; he wants all of us to enjoy what we do; and he refuses to lose!

Cons

Nothing of significance comes to mind. If you want to work for a company that values employees; that drives innovation; and that wants to (and will) win, then this is the company for you!

Keep doing what you are doing! This truly is the most important month, of the most important quarter, of the most important year in the history of Compuware!

10. Watching it soar all over again!

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Compuware for 20+ years and have witnessed both the best and worst of days. Compuware 2015 is definitely generating some of the best so far, and we're just only getting started. The newly introduced management team is energetic, enthusiastic and full of innovative ideas. Expectations are high but what better combination than the motivation of a start-up and the experience of an industry leader. The team, both seasoned veterans and newly hired are working together to make Compuware the Mainframe Partner for the next 50 years!

Cons

Can't think of any today. A year ago was a different story.

Keep up the good work. I haven't felt this kind of energy here in a very long time.

11. The New Compuware

I have been working at Compuware full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Compuware for almost 20 years. The company has obviously gone through a lot of transformation over that time, especially in the last 2 years. What used to be the Mainframe Business Unit within Compuware will now become a stand-alone company under private ownership. This will bring a laser focus as we build the largest, most successful company in the world dedicated to Mainframe Software. The early synergies of the Leadership team coupled with a renewed enthusiasm of everyone in the company will bring great results for years to come. Gone are the days of people thinking the Mainframe is dead or is dying over the next few years. The Mainframe is here to stay as a critical asset to the largest companies in the world. Compuware will be the trusted partner and the leader in this space!

I have never been more excited about the future of Compuware. I am glad to see other positive comments from my fellow employees. Past comments may have come from people of divested business units, so the true indicator are the recent comments and the ones as we progress forward. People will quickly realize that our new CEO brings about an amazing passion for success and a culture to celebrate these successes at all levels. You can safely bet on the future of Compuware!

Cons

We are moving fast; we just need to make sure the industry, our customers, and our employees understand and keep up with our "start up" mentality of a company that has been around 40 years. This can be a challenge.

Leave no customer behind!