Compuware Reviews

1. Compuware is a great company

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Compuware

Pros

Training benefits and opportunity fir growth

Cons

Bureaucratic, politics over progression, unsafe location

Advice to Management

Listen to ideas

Compuware Response

Feb 25, 2015Talent Acquisition

Dear Marketing Manager, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, including some of your concerns. It is unfortunate that you felt our location was unsafe but we hope that you talked to ... More

2. Wow! Compuware is back!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Energized Executive Management team that has brought a new commitment and focus to our company!
    2. Changing the game on what it means to be a Mainframe company.....we have become an Agile development company. We released a brand new solution for the mainframe in January and we will release new products and new functionality for our solutions every quarter of every year!
    3. As the largest Mainframe only ISV - our employees once again feel a value of self worth and are committed to the success of our company!
    4. There is a vibe and energy that I have not seen since the late 90's!
    5. Our CEO is committed to our success; he understands what is needed to win; he wants all of us to enjoy what we do; and he refuses to lose!

Cons

Nothing of significance comes to mind. If you want to work for a company that values employees; that drives innovation; and that wants to (and will) win, then this is the company for you!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! This truly is the most important month, of the most important quarter, of the most important year in the history of Compuware!

3. Watching it soar all over again!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Compuware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Compuware for 20+ years and have witnessed both the best and worst of days. Compuware 2015 is definitely generating some of the best so far, and we're just only getting started. The newly introduced management team is energetic, enthusiastic and full of innovative ideas. Expectations are high but what better combination than the motivation of a start-up and the experience of an industry leader. The team, both seasoned veterans and newly hired are working together to make Compuware the Mainframe Partner for the next 50 years!

Cons

Can't think of any today. A year ago was a different story.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I haven't felt this kind of energy here in a very long time.

5. The New Compuware

I have been working at Compuware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Compuware for almost 20 years. The company has obviously gone through a lot of transformation over that time, especially in the last 2 years. What used to be the Mainframe Business Unit within Compuware will now become a stand-alone company under private ownership. This will bring a laser focus as we build the largest, most successful company in the world dedicated to Mainframe Software. The early synergies of the Leadership team coupled with a renewed enthusiasm of everyone in the company will bring great results for years to come. Gone are the days of people thinking the Mainframe is dead or is dying over the next few years. The Mainframe is here to stay as a critical asset to the largest companies in the world. Compuware will be the trusted partner and the leader in this space!

I have never been more excited about the future of Compuware. I am glad to see other positive comments from my fellow employees. Past comments may have come from people of divested business units, so the true indicator are the recent comments and the ones as we progress forward. People will quickly realize that our new CEO brings about an amazing passion for success and a culture to celebrate these successes at all levels. You can safely bet on the future of Compuware!

Cons

We are moving fast; we just need to make sure the industry, our customers, and our employees understand and keep up with our "start up" mentality of a company that has been around 40 years. This can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Leave no customer behind!

6. Compuware: The vitality Is back. Exciting time for this "established start-up".

I have been working at Compuware

Pros

In the last six months Compuware has done the unthinkable, it has changed the entire peer momentum of the company into one that is focused on innovation and taking a leadership role within the entire mainframe ecosystem. Now that Compuware has shed other business units which only distracted from the value (and profitability) of the mainframe proposition, Compuware has positioned itself with the mentality of a "40 year old start-up". Really enjoyable to work for a company that believes it can be fast, fluid and deliver real customer value to the best companies in the world. Innovation is fun….period.

Cons

Need to continue to educate and get the message out that Compuware is starting a very exciting time for both clients and employees. We are still at stage one on that message, but we will get there.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward!! Great job in restarting the engine on some of the best intellectual property in the world.

7. New management is setting a new direction for the company.

I have been working at Compuware

Pros

Work schedule flexibility, good coworkers.

Cons

Minimal pay raises, decreasing benefits.

Advice to Management

Consider allowing employees to work more from home. Commutes for many can be very long in times of bad weather, etc. Keep up the good work in changing the culture.

8. 40+ year old company re-inventing itself

I have been working at Compuware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compuware has been in the mainframe software market since the 70s so has an excellent vantage point for being successful in the mainframe software market. The company has a lot of people that have been there 20+ years and are very dedicated to their jobs. Most people have a great sense of pride in what they do and it's very inspiring. A new person coming into the company has so many experienced people to learn from. The new management is very transparent with all employees. Great benefits. Good working environment and great to be in downtown Detroit.

Cons

I'd like to see the company support the local community. Compuware used to be involved but funding ended when the company went private.

9. Great company, great pay

I have been working at Compuware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The is a friendly place to work and they generally pay better than most companies for similar positions.

Cons

The desks are a bit small and the noise level can be a bit distracting at times.

10. The "New" Compuware???

I worked at Compuware

Pros

Paycheck and reasonable benefits. This company is not in Silicone Valley and doesn't even try to be like that culture, even though that would be the best thing that could happen to them.

Cons

Top Down Silo Management. Clueless. No strategy-No Future. All the people who really knew mainframe internals (Assembler) are gone, laid off. Depressing location. No value given to developers who come up with new ideas - management actively discourages.

Advice to Management

Microfocus is eating your lunch in the Mainframe arena and you are doing nothing to compete.
    Quit focusing on getting the corner office with the big windows and start figuring out how to survive in a declining marketplace/industry i.e.: Mainframe Computing. Also your product pricing model is under severe attack by IBM and M-F and a half dozen others as they fight over a shrinking market. I have no idea where you will get hot new innovative talented developers you will need for the near term, you laid off your greatest talent - most of them retired and will not be coming back, not after the way you treated them. Best thing you could do to really "energize" company would be to move back to Farmington Hills/Southfield area. Good Luck with the "new" Compuware, you will surely need it

11. Good

I have been working at Compuware

Pros

Culture is good. Not much politics. Give personal growth opportunities.

Cons

Need to use advance technology.