Comtec Europe

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gordon Matthew

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation is good
    Free fruit
    Good people
    Senior team is starting to show a real drive and commitment to developing a world class product
    Big market presence
    Well established
    Solid process and governance, which sets it apart from some other companies in the same industry
    Social Events

ConsBased over two floors, and the office, in some parts looks a bit drab - however it depends on what you are used to, and all the kit is functional.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne floor, new carpet, establish solid marketing strategy

perpetual uncertainty

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cwmbran, Wales (UK)

Proshealthy balance of coworkers, free parking, fruit, some work can be fun, casual dress, square location is good

Conscompany direction follow a broken compass. hypocritically claim to be less reactive, yet this has brought us to where we are. lack of internal listening, need new kit, office needs a new can of paint, open an office, close an office, open an office close an office, but no warning for those affected.

Advice to Senior Managementthere was a reason an interim CEO was brought in. all he has done was for naught. company unraveling at the seams, your best talent is leaving, or you are pitting us against our friends. SMT needs to be revamped and brought up to speed with the difficulties of the business. everyone is brawling with ideas, but none are listening. might not be a final solution.

A constant struggle dealing with ever changing direction!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cwmbran, Wales (UK)

ProsPay market rate, casual dress, free parking

Cons3 different CEOs in 18 months, each one un-doing what went before and throwing staff into an ever increasing downward spiral of confusion. Almost yearly redundency runs (usually just before Christmas) significantly in 2008, 2010, 2011 sometimes involving up to 10% of staff going. Long hours working culture. Directors constantly changing (entire board replaced between mid 2010 and end 2011). In all, directionless, confused and poorly equipped to meet market challenges, a very frustrating place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a market-driven customer-responsive strategy and stick to it!

Worked for Comtec Europe? Contribute to the Community!