Comtel Solution Pte Reviews

2.9
CEO

1. Salary is fix

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time

Pros

Mwdical benefit quite good compare other agencies

Cons

Salary is fix no matter how long you working with them, the first salaries that you negotiate with them, that will be the salary until you resign

Advice to Management

Please read and reply to the staff email and do not just ignored it, even after couple of time send email and reminder by call also never response back

2. NICE EXPERIENCE

Current Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte

Pros

Friendly and Employee focused consultancy On time salary credit without dues Quick and Active HR team

Cons

Notice period, Performance Appraisal, Nothing much

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and can streamline the performance appraisal process.

Try to avoid, the worst experience

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte

Pros

No pros to mention so far

Cons

Try to avoid this agency, they will put you in trouble. At least the Malaysian brunch. 1. They rushed me to sign the offer and after that just disappeared. No information, no updates about when and where I have to show up to start the duties. 2. According to job offer they have to provide a working pass, 2,5 months later no result. Just empty promises. 3. Due to their incompetence I had to interrupt my work for the employer company. The worst company and people I have ever worked with.

Advice to Management

Do your job

5. A Decent Company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Comtel Solution Pte

Pros

Reasonable pay Timely Salary hikes Civilized and friendly staff

Cons

Need to expand the clientele in Singapore Need to be faster in processing the documents

Advice to Management

Just looks at the cons and improve in those areas

6. Pros and Cons

Former Employee - RPG Developer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - RPG Developer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Comtel Solution Pte

Pros

Very accommodating when you are requesting for Certificate of Employment after you resigned Prompt at providing your salary

Cons

You are required to give 2 months notice if you resign before the end of your contract but they will not inform the client promptly. My client requested for one week extension but I had to leave soon and have already given advance notice to the agency so I was not able to grant their request

Advice to Management

Salary discussion for Contract renewal should be discussed at least 1 month before end of contract

Never experience a bad decision until this

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good that i can think of Probably just the salary they offer

Cons

- They will chase you until you agree to go for the interview -They will rush you to sign the contract (do read properly) -Once i signed the contract, they told me that everything i do i have to liaise with the client that i am working for and they will not get involve. -Payment of Overtime is not paid on time (Took few months to pay and that is after a call from the client's manager that i am working for) -Once your contract is coming to an end, no one bothers to follow up. I dropped an email to them but no response, i contacted the HR but of no use as they informed to drop a email. Eventually, no one cares to follow up. -Medical card renew-ed after 1 year but i was told my record was not found in the system by the panel clinic. i had to pay full amount.

Advice to Management

Companies that treat their employees well will receive good comments. I guess you have to work on yours.

Need to sign a contract for 1 year.. Otherwise OK

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My knowledge is based on a 1 year tenure with Comtel where in i was working for IBM. 1. Comtel Solution is one of the biggest IT Outsourcing Consultancy in Singapore. The other big one i believe is Optimum Solutions. There has been instances of consultancy companies becoming dissolved over night and the employees were taken in by either of these two big ones. So with these two i dont think there will be any such risk of dissolving. Usually the client itself will take the action but mental agony/unrest might be there for the ones in this precarious situation. 2. Prompt Payment of Salary unlike other consultancies which usually takes some time. 3. Prompt response from the HR Side on your queries. 4. Have a no upper limit medical insurance which usually don't have.

Cons

1. 1 Year contract failing which you might have to pay a portion of your annual salary. If the project that you have chosen is not satisfactory and you have monetary constraints then you will have to stick on to the project 2. Will be working as a contract employee at the client side and hence not eligible for any yearly bonus the client might give. 3. If you are planning to resign/ or leave the job/ not extend the contract let them know in advance(2 months prior to it at least). If not they can possibly bring in an array of debates asking why you have not updated them and ask you to serve two more months of notice period(even if your contract for 1 year was over). 4. Once you clear the interview from the client, they will rush you to sign the offer letter. You really wont have much time to consider other options. Better stall them from the beginning itself before signing the contract. 5. Negotiate on your salary. I believe the client pays them money every month and they just redirect it to you. Usually the first salary mentioned in your contract will be much less than what you would have desired/eligible.

Advice to Management

Go easy on the guys when they clear the interview. They want the same thing as you do. Money for a decent living.

Worst decision in my life

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are desperate for work even if you are unskilled, they will accept you (from the other colleagues I get, this is what I feel).

Cons

1. They do not treat you as an employee. You will be just another product to sell to the client and "after sales service" is pathetic. Most emails to them will be ignored or replied with a sentence "Will revert" but never does. 2. They will promise the world even include the moon just to convince you into signing but never honor their word. Salary review although stated in the contract seems to be optional for them. You even need to BEG for it and it does not ensure an increment. 3. If the client you are stationed with requires you to travel, I would recommend you to avoid it. They will ignore requests for advance monies for the travel unless you beg them repeatedly. Reimbursement is also a hassle as they will drag you as they wish. Reclaiming of advance monies is made randomly and faster than reimbursement but do take note of they amount in your payslip. They are not good with simple addition and subtraction.

Advice to Management

If this was of any use, it would have worked in the review.

10. Senior Unix administrator

Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proactive and diligent in taking care of the resources

Cons

Cannot think of any to be mnetioned

Advice to Management

Cannot think of any to be mentioned

11. A Good Company to work for in Singapore

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with Comtel for 3 years & have always found them very professional & helpful. They have given me the right advise when needed. They have a robust consultant focus team which addresses all your queries in a timely manner.

Cons

I have not had any bad experience that I can comment on.

RSS Feed </> Embed