Comtel Solution Pte

2.6

CEO

Need to sign a contract for 1 year.. Otherwise OK

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My knowledge is based on a 1 year tenure with Comtel where in i was working for IBM.

1. Comtel Solution is one of the biggest IT Outsourcing Consultancy in Singapore. The other big one i believe is Optimum Solutions. There has been instances of consultancy companies becoming dissolved over night and the employees were taken in by either of these two big ones. So with these two i dont think there will be any such risk of dissolving. Usually the client itself will take the action but mental agony/unrest might be there for the ones in this precarious situation.

2. Prompt Payment of Salary unlike other consultancies which usually takes some time.

3. Prompt response from the HR Side on your queries.

4. Have a no upper limit medical insurance which usually don't have.

Cons

1. 1 Year contract failing which you might have to pay a portion of your annual salary. If the project that you have chosen is not satisfactory and you have monetary constraints then you will have to stick on to the project

2. Will be working as a contract employee at the client side and hence not eligible for any yearly bonus the client might give.

3. If you are planning to resign/ or leave the job/ not extend the contract let them know in advance(2 months prior to it at least). If not they can possibly bring in an array of debates asking why you have not updated them and ask you to serve two more months of notice period(even if your contract for 1 year was over).

4. Once you clear the interview from the client, they will rush you to sign the offer letter. You really wont have much time to consider other options. Better stall them from the beginning itself before signing the contract.

5. Negotiate on your salary. I believe the client pays them money every month and they just redirect it to you. Usually the first salary mentioned in your contract will be much less than what you would have desired/eligible.

Go easy on the guys when they clear the interview. They want the same thing as you do. Money for a decent living.

Never experience a bad decision until this

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing good that i can think of
    Probably just the salary they offer

Cons

- They will chase you until you agree to go for the interview
    -They will rush you to sign the contract (do read properly)
    -Once i signed the contract, they told me that everything i do i have to liaise with the client that i am working for and they will not get involve.
    -Payment of Overtime is not paid on time (Took few months to pay and that is after a call from the client's manager that i am working for)
    -Once your contract is coming to an end, no one bothers to follow up. I dropped an email to them but no response, i contacted the HR but of no use as they informed to drop a email. Eventually, no one cares to follow up.
    -Medical card renew-ed after 1 year but i was told my record was not found in the system by the panel clinic. i had to pay full amount.

Companies that treat their employees well will receive good comments.
    I guess you have to work on yours.

Worst decision in my life

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are desperate for work even if you are unskilled, they will accept you (from the other colleagues I get, this is what I feel).

Cons

1. They do not treat you as an employee. You will be just another product to sell to the client and "after sales service" is pathetic. Most emails to them will be ignored or replied with a sentence "Will revert" but never does.
    2. They will promise the world even include the moon just to convince you into signing but never honor their word. Salary review although stated in the contract seems to be optional for them. You even need to BEG for it and it does not ensure an increment.
    3. If the client you are stationed with requires you to travel, I would recommend you to avoid it. They will ignore requests for advance monies for the travel unless you beg them repeatedly. Reimbursement is also a hassle as they will drag you as they wish. Reclaiming of advance monies is made randomly and faster than reimbursement but do take note of they amount in your payslip. They are not good with simple addition and subtraction.

If this was of any use, it would have worked in the review.

Senior Unix administrator

Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Proactive and diligent in taking care of the resources

Cons

Cannot think of any to be mnetioned

Cannot think of any to be mentioned

A Good Company to work for in Singapore

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with Comtel for 3 years & have always found them very professional & helpful. They have given me the right advise when needed. They have a robust consultant focus team which addresses all your queries in a timely manner.

Cons

I have not had any bad experience that I can comment on.

Good company to work with and salary pay is promptly at first date of month

Current Employee - Project Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good company to work with and salary pay is promptly at first date of month

Cons

Newly joined the company and hence not applicable

Newly joined the company and hence not applicable

Screw your career - Join Them

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Comtel Solution Pte as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Salary is good. Just you want to earn some money join them keeping your career in stake

Cons

Trap candidates from Top notch company from India, with one year contract later terminate contract based on clients business needs. They wont find any new opportunities for you at all. you are left no where to go. Its very common for them to terminate contract in the middle, with reason client not doing good. HR will just call you and let you know your last day. you will never know what happened.
    They will provide initial 15 days accommodation, and in the end of first week, they will ask you to go, and in the new city you feel you made a mistake coming here.
    Salary you will get on any date and that i not fixed, generally you may get til 15th of month.
    So, If your working in Top MNC in india, think again before accepting their offer.

If you are unsure of clients terms, then don't do business with them.

Just these people need money nothing else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Comtel Solution Pte

Pros

If some one wants to put themselves in deep trouble please join them. Just if you are in need to make some quick buck surly these are people who will help you out but if that is not the only constraint think twice before you make your mind and take up the call to work with these nasty consultant company.

Cons

People working here as HR\Admin dont know what is their duty as prefesionals. For simple query need to follow up for N number of times. Some dont even know to make simple calcualtions. For simple queries you end up following up with many people but with no results. When entered new to city these people dont even bother about the employees how they will cope up in the new environment. I beleive for bacheolors its ok to get adjusted but for family person it would be very difficult. No look after after a person joins the Client, will bother only for their commission amount. No salary review after the year end these people just push to the client and client will say ask your parent company. At the end of the year no Salary increment.

Listen to your employess as they are your products which needs to be packaged very well to get good rate in market.