Comverge Reviews

Updated April 22, 2014
Updated April 22, 2014
2.8

Gregory J. Dukat

Smart ideas, smart people, constant change

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Comverge as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Fascinating industry, a solution that truly will affect the future. A smart, hard working team with an agile approach to their customers problems.

Cons

Constant, grinding change in organizational structure. As a newly private corporation, the worst of this may be behind them. Short term goals don't always work with a very long term sales cycle.

Comverge will keep proving its solution and value in a very conservative industry.

Demand Response, Energy Efficiency, for Texas energy market and other deregulated markets

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Comverge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product offering, ability to provide customers with an effective service that Is for the betterment of the environment through energy efficiency programs like demand response. Customers see actual benefits through financial rewards

Cons

Mis-directed and goals are not fully lined out or concrete. Limited resources to compete with major players and is not as well diversified in the energy industry as others

Outline better business plan to meet and exceed goals, too much restructuring that causes confusion and conflict

Decent

I worked at Comverge part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people to work with; relaxed personalities (no one is too uptight); opportunity for advancement

Cons

Management focus is constantly changing; poor decisions and diretion; no trust in employees

Everyone should be on the same page

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unnecessarily challenging

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Comverge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with. They are both talented and passionate about what they do.

Cons

Lack of upper management support and accountability. Lack of direction and understanding of client needs.

Provide leadership.

decent

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Comverge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

freedom to work at your creative pace

Cons

too remote, too secretive, too uninformed

try to communicate

Good at what they do...

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Comverge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Capable people. Professional. Not a lot of layers to management. Straight forward and honest with customers.

Cons

Poor backroom support. Slow to respond. Poor marketing material.

Beef up your support staff and provide more marketing material.

Could be an awesome place to work if some things were changed

Current Employee - Confidential  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Comverge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very good, flexible with PTO. Depending on your workload, you can get a very good work-life balance, at least sometimes. There is no making you feel guilty when you need a sick day, or frowning upon using up all of your PTO. Work is interesting, some of it very interesting. The actual work content is what keeps me happy and coming to work every day.

Cons

There are a fair amount of people here that either don't do their jobs correctly, or do them half-way, and/or have no results, and there seems to be no repercussions. Low performers are never let go. Low performers think they are doing a good job, which is scary to watch. If you work here, you will either be one of them, or have to put out fires after one of them. There is a general lack of understanding of the technical and operations side of many of our products and markets, which leads to work not being divied up correctly. Management seems to think (or hope that) markets and projects run themselves and designs positions accordingly, so some people work 9-5 next to others doing 8-7 for the same money.

There needs to be more focus on the day to day operations of our core businesses. We have many Directors and I see alot of meetings going on, but I think high level meetings are the wrong approach, or only part of it. We need to get more hands on with technology, projects, partners, and customers - and not just by pushing more work down to the very limited number of customer facing employees, who are the ones who already have the most work. Many people here have a "do as I say" mentality. I hope upper management sees through it one day. Also, new products need to come already! Development in that regard is very slow. Lastly, please stop hiring managers, Directors, and VPs. Really. We need more PMs and coordinators to manage the nitty gritty side of all of the projects we want to be doing.

Terrible leadership

I worked at Comverge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salary and compensation plans

Cons

Terrible leadership. Employees are not recognized for the contributions to the companies success.

Look at employees contributions to the companies business instead of the bottom line.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Firmware Developer  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Firmware Developer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Comverge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As an engineer at Comverge I have to say the experience is pleasant. We have tremendous freedom to form our own processes and management isn't afraid to buy in on our recommendations. I'd like to say we're on the cutting edge of embedded development using agile and build/test automation to it's fullest potential.

Cons

The biggest downside is most of the time I have no idea how the company is performing. Our business is very different from most companies so seeing revenue generation isn't always easy. They can't exactly say "Hey we sold a million widgets this year and made X number of dollars".

Figure out better ways to keep employees informed on the real performance numbers.

Loved job but bad atmosphere among management and employees

I have been working at Comverge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working with and selling to the customers and helping them to save.

Cons

Management has ideas that are not beneficial to the company , customers are the utility

Straighten up or you are headed toward backrupcty and many law suites

Worked for Comverge? Contribute to the Community!