Comverse

Comverse Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Comverse President & CEO Philippe Tartavull

Philippe Tartavull

Pros
  • If you have a personal issue, you can move your time around and work from home(in 6 reviews)

• Global company with global opportunities, lots of products and customers, lots of(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Top management did not meet its promises to announce structure in time - due time passed one and half months ago(in 8 reviews)

• Excessive work hrs with no work / life balance(in 4 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

No shortage of work to be done

Project Management (Former Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsA global company with multinational customers. Work with very diverse group of very talented employees from all backgrounds. Company fills a niche market with its VAS products ( VM, SMS, MMS ) as well as billing solutions.

ConsTraining on new products would be nice before they are deployed. Excessive work hrs with no work / life balance. Extremely fast paced and always behind the eight ball when new resources need to be hired and/or trained for new products. .Company Management changes too often, at times trying to re-invent the wheel. Upper Management is also disconnected from the day to day operations of the company and makes decisions without getting input from lower level employees who are on the front line everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics and have a strategic plan which can be shared with employees. Take their feedback into consideration when making company decisions. Stop the use and abuse attitude and care more about employees.

RUN! NO vision, product suite antiquated, employees miserable, management team ineffective.

Director of Software Development (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsGood location on the lake.

ConsToo many to name. Depressed and toxic environment. No industry credibility. No future for the company or it's employees. This company will not be around for much longer. An embarrassment. Almost everyone there is looking for a new job.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose shop now. You've destroyed the little hope the company might have had to turn itself around.

Has been company being milked by ever-changing C-suite

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsGreat engineers; had been one of the hardest working companies in telecom

Consemployees are treated as functions. Innovation has become stagnant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company which lost the way

Architect (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat people (most of them already left), multinational experience.

ConsNo clear product road-map, no bonuses, no opportunities for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company

Company with no future, run by arrogant, disrespectful management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsThere is nothing good about this company. Used to be a good company to work for, but not any more.

ConsNew management is too arrogant, greedy and disrespectful towards employees.
    Every year company lay off many good employees while management is getting fat bonuses. Everybody is looking for the job elsewhere.
    Half of the companies revenue comes from VAS products (VoiceMail, MMSC, SMSC) which are dying and has no future in new telecom industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith your attitude and style you are running this company down.

Run, as long as you can break free

Sales Director (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNothing is good about this company

ConsThe wore company to work for

Advice to Senior ManagementGo find another job

I have no idea where this company is going...

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood team work, great people to work with

ConsUnstable, everything changes every other day, constant dooms day atmosphere. Despite being a recognized key-contributor - no raises for the past 8 years.
    Constant re-org disorient the employees to the point where people do not know what they are doing anymore.
    Putting off fires seems to be the "Modus operandi".
    Sad, I joined the company back in 1999 and left 2010. seen it fall from grace and it hurtsl.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the trail & error approach, this is not how you run a large organization. You damage the business and employees.

Diff groups diff cultures

Project Consultant (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

Proseven in th edownfall of company, if you are in right department and right group the things look bright.

Consmanagement style is quite brown nose.

Advice to Senior Managementbe realistic

If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

Manager (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsGood combat experience.
    Fast paced and high tech.

ConsCut-throat mentality.
    Sub-par pay.
    Not much career growth.

Could be better...

Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA

ProsGood flexibility and working hours

ConsBad pay and management, no career path

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employee's survey!

Worked for Comverse? Contribute to the Community!