Comverse Technology

Be The First To
Add Photos

Comverse Technology Chairman & CEO Charles J. Burdick

Charles J. Burdick

Great product and great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIn Comverse, employees can get Work from home option for few days a week and there is a good work-life balance too. They take care of people. I had worked with many great and smart people.

ConsCompensation is not that good. No raises and no bonuses either. There is very less opportunity for personal advancement and frequent layoffs.

it's okay for getting your feet on the ground

Engineer (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood place to learn but you have to be aggressive

ConsSome managers are great..are idiots and should not have passed 3rd grade. If you get stuck with the latter you might be in trouble and it's a flip of a coin on which you will end up with. The idiot managers will want you to do there work for them because they are literally incapable of doing it. The great managers are very honest and good to work for.

There are no incentives. You will never get a raise or a promotion. Period, never. There is no real reason to work hard except for your own personal self respect that you did a good days work and an opportunity to learn more the harder you work so that you can be better prepared for your next job. Do not be afraid to just rap it up at the end of the day and turn out the light because this is not a team organization and you will not be rewarded for anything that your "team" achieves. So...don't let them stress you out. All in all it's okay place to work as long as you don't set the bar too high. If you are good at your job you don't have to worry about getting laid off because all of the good people have moved on so if you are even half-way good they can't afford to lose you:)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the managers that you've been carrying for years who do not know there job. It's easy enough to identify them...just put them into an isolated position where they are required to show what they've claimed they've known how to do and where they can't have someone else do it for them.

I was a productive, intragal part of the executive HR and management team

I have been working at Comverse Technology

ProsI am very detail oriented, know my craft and pride myself on my passionate dedication to human resources.

ConsVerbal warnings, reduction in benefits and layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope you have a professional, yet personable decorum, encourage communication, training, and succession planning.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Consultant

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsState of the art technology

ConsCompany does not have strong leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementRearrange the Vision

Terrible Place

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI worked hard, but not too hard. I got a lot of frequent flyer miles.

ConsCompany was doing terribly. Treated its employees as expendable resources. No consideration. Terrible management who looked out for their self interest over their own employees. Was in professional services working with clients.

Comverse Technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHard to think of (m)any pros... there are plenty of cons, though

ConsContentious internal environment, teams don't work together, lots of territorial managers and team leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide what you want the company to be when it grows up and then focus on making that happen instead of re-organizing every 8-12 months...

Can I give ZERO stars?

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUsed to be a great place to work, with great people and a good product... but not anymore

ConsManagement thinks changing the structure will fix the company... because of that it changes almost every month (or week).

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand you used to have very good people working there but they were not retained. From the good time only few remain and these are not happy at all. They are leaving and at the end the company will have only employees with no experience! Give your people the value they deserve!

Dont work there

Director of Sales (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthere is nothing good about this company

ConsThe comp[any is going down

Advice to Senior ManagementGo work for some other company

Good people in general, but financial stress makes day-to-day interactions painful

Solutions Consultant/Architect (Current Employee)
Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of opportunity for travel, particularly to the farthest reaches of the globe. New leadership seems to be cleaning house and steering into a better direction. Looking forward to being part of this team when things get better.

ConsLegacy technology, still hardware based, lack of strategic vision and/or execution. Travel can be a burden, particularly given the compensation and expense restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe don't have much interaction with upper level management. I don't know if these are competent people constrained by a legacy environment, or if they are really incapable of change.

Great experience during years of growth. Difficult when growth was stagnant.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Comverse Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEntrepreneurial environment. Able to adapt organization to challenges rapidly. Once a commitment is made, it is followed through without hesitation.

ConsMissed renewal of product portfolio and lost competitiveness in the market.
Aggressive and abrasive management style. This is part of the company's DNA and it needs to be accepted as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. The market has spoken already.

Worked for Comverse Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comverse Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comverse Technology CEO Charles J. Burdick. All 48 reviews posted anonymously by Comverse Technology employees.