ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

ConAgra Foods President, CEO, and Director Gary M. Rodkin

Gary M. Rodkin

Pros
  • Work-life balance and summer hours are the most positive point(in 27 reviews)

• Lots of different experiences with different teams, good pay, good chance of getting a job(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance largely depends upon your manager(in 8 reviews)

• Upper Management need to create co-authorship with employee(in 10 reviews)

Fantastic Internship!

Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee) Archbold, OH

ProsGreat relocation package. Managment is very supportive and cares deeply about your development. Huge efforts made to keep interns engaged and active. They will offer job offers to almost all interns in the program.

ConsObviously if you are in manufacturing, plan to work in very rural communities. I didnt see this as a bad thing, but some might be driven crazy living in a farming town. Your experince will also very greatly based on which location you are at.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in the internship program as you have been doing. Conagra was voted as having a top 100 internship program for a reason and I think it really shows to those who experinced it.

The best company I've had the pleasure working for!

Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsEveryone wants to see you succeed in you career and is willing to help you achieve your goals.

ConsAs an intern their isn't very many cons about working here. Great pay, Great relocation package plus two paid trips to Omaha, NE. I have nothing to complain about.

Great experience with lots of development opportunities!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsWork Life Balance, Development Opportunities, Networking & Volunteer Opportunities, Visible Leadership who wants to hear your opinion and thoughts, promotes creativity

ConsDue to the increased emphasis on growth, the company has done a lot of aquisitions over the past few years, although good, forces a lot of change in everyone's roles.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management cares about their employees.

ConsFlexibility in hours, great people to work with.

Excellent company with great management and benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work life balance for all employees

ConsMore opportunity for growth throughout time employed

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd like to see more communication between management from different teams

Great Experience as an Intern

Continuous Improvement Intern (Current Employee) Archbold, OH

ProsGreat intern program, Really invested in "selling" you the company and making sure everyone enjoyed their time. Very generous Relocation Package for an internship.

ConsIf you want to work in Continuous improvement you will need plant experience which will require you to live in a more rural area for at least 2 years. Not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

It was a great honor and privilege to work for the team in Waterloo Iowa. Conagra is truly a great company.

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Waterloo, IA

ProsThe team, the management, the principles, the relationship between management and employee...I can't list everything.

ConsSome aspects towards project management and transfer of a project to operational control need to be ironed out. The process can be seen as clunky at times, but I know that they engineering group is fine tuning the VSU process to eliminate this.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop the skill sets of the floor employee. Conagra has some truly dedicated employees (we see this every year as we celebrate employees with 40+ years) and they all want to see true success. Don't lose focus on this, it was an honor and a privilege to work with your Waterloo team.

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsAs an intern at ConAgra Foods, I gained leadership skills, honed my presentation skills, and was able to enjoy my summer in a new city. I was given $4,500 to move to Chicago and my salary eas $1,200 bi-weekly.

ConsI was the first intern for my department and at times everything felt a little disorganized. By the end of the internship everything came together though.

Sales Intern

Sales Intern (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsIt was great to work with an extremely knowledgeable team and to learn a ton about sales and retail effectiveness. The internship was a great experience with many perks and my boss was wonderful.

ConsI didn't love working in the suburbs when the city was so close by. Also, it's a little tough to make new friends because everyone is in their cubicles all day (although ConAgra does make a huge effort for fun work events)

Amazing Opportunity. Tremendously Grateful

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Council Bluffs, IA

ProsLoads of opportunities for talented and driven individuals.

ConsI wish I would have started this journey sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-organize some of the hourly pay structures, shifting toward pay-for-performance.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!