ConAgra Foods Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Sean Connolly

Pros
  • Work life balance can be good depending on your manager (in 33 reviews)

• Excellent pay and benefits, and the company values are outstanding (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, Work on weekends too (in 9 reviews)

• Upper Management need to create co-authorship with employee (in 12 reviews)

1. ConAgra Foods, One Team, One Goal, to make a difference.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

If you enjoy working for large companies ConAgra is a great place to work because of the inclusive culture that Senior Management is cultivating.

Cons

My experience at ConAgra has been great and there are very many downsides to me. The one downside that i will mention is the seemly unfair way that some Senior Leaders handle promotions.

Advice to Management

ConAgra is a wonderful place to work. Over the past several years I have noticed a true change in the way that Senior Leaders treat the employees. However, it is important that promotions are handled fairly and without bias.

2. ConAgra....Jump aboard!!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Opportunities for advancement are growing and are already at levels that are unseen in most industries. There are exciting work environments in every corner of the company, ConAgra is a progressive company which is one big reason there are some many opportunities for advancement. They have an excellent relocation package which makes it very accomadating when people move for promotions. There benifit program is very compeditive with the best companies in the industry. The senior management is commitied to making the company a better place to work every year. They stand behind improvement programs. Family values are supported and employees are encouraged to live a balanced life.

Cons

Some remote locations and growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing...engaging employees and building open relationships. Keep focusing on building respect for one another.

ConAgra is a great place for Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Management Work Life Fair Pay Company Car Work from Home Exciting Ability to develop your business No micromanagement

Cons

Ease of Systems (though greatly improving) Fairness to all accounts/customers Hard to move up without relocating Sometimes transparency to what's expected is absent

Advice to Management

My manager is the best I have ever had. Completely respectful, he has a hands-off approach which makes me work harder. Advice to upper management would be that a lot of talent is lost from forcing people to relocate in order to be considered for positions. The benefit of retained talent and loyalty would far outweigh the cost of well-planned business travel.

5. I stay for a reason!

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Promotes innovation good work-life balance I work with some of the best people I know! Brand Marketing

Cons

Can be reactive vs proactive Have come a long way, but still have a lot to work on regarding EE ralations and strategy

Advice to Management

none

6. Incredible place to work

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

Great opportunities within the organization Well-run company Great leadership Beautiful campus

Cons

information sharing within the organization could be improved so efforts are not duplicated so often

Advice to Management

Continue to place emphasis on employee recognition and work-life balance

7. very good

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

opportunity to make a positive difference! company has ambitious, specific goals and is looking for people with good ideas to make the goals come to life

Cons

no real downsides for people who want to make a positive difference and take on responsibility; lots of opportunity to have an impact and grow your career

Advice to Management

non

8. Did you say French fries?

Former Employee - Manifest, and Lab Tech, Labor, in Pasco West, WA
    Former Employee - Manifest, and Lab Tech, Labor, in Pasco West, WA

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Con Agra for many yrs. As did my husband, who worked forabout 30yrs. For Con Agra. One of the best reasons for working for them is anyone that aspires to further their contribution of skills are encouraged to do so. Within or outside trainning anyone can advance. The team spirit within the company can not be matched to anything except sucess for all parties, employer and employees. Thank-you Con Agra Lamb Weston!

Cons

My husband was a supervisor for many yrs... What I saw was the forced rotations of shifts is extremely difficult for families with children. The children are alwYs the ones to suffer the homeless of missing their parent with only one four month period where their parents daily routines are matched to theirs. Also, its difficult to watch some work hard in a day and some seem to get paid for doing nothing, Thats for salery and union workers. Forced overtime for bid holders is a problem. and is dangerous when fituge sets in.

Advice to Management

Stop rotation of supervisors. It has been my observation that employees work more efficiently when they have the same bosses everyday. I was in a plant that changed names several times and have seen many ways the company would be run. When we would have the asked bosses there was a shift can do spirit. We all took pride in our shifts production, safety awards and commeroidy. The spirit died when supervisory forced rotations of supervisors.

9. Very beneficial to career.

Former Employee - Associate Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Associate Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are awesome, growth opportunities are plentiful, definite career path, opportunity to work with other professionals, culture and product improved a lot under Gary Rodkin.

Cons

Not family-oriented enough, too far from where I live, unwilling to allow telecommuting at my level, which was an analyst-level position.

Advice to Management

Very happy with upper management, with the exception of one individual in the beginning of my time there, and that situation was rectified. The person had been causing problems for others. Please provide telecommuting opportunities, at least on a part-time basis.

10. A reputable company who really develops their people

Current Employee - Associate Category Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Associate Category Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at ConAgra has shown their willingness to take me under their wing and develop me. They are quick to recognize and reward hard work.

Cons

Onboarding process was a little rough. If you are not a self starter, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Have a formalized training plan for new hires. Otherwise, just keep up the great work. Wonderful company!

11. ConAgra is a terrifically well run company with a fantastic management team!

Current Employee - Director Finance in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director Finance in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth strategy, diverse product portfolio, supportive board of directors, and an aggressive management team with a very clear actionable strategy.

Cons

Difficult competition and up hill battle to improve tjhe company's net product margins as well as the bottom line profit margins.

RSS Feed </> Embed