ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

ConAgra Foods President, CEO, and Director Gary M. Rodkin

Gary M. Rodkin

Pros
  • Work-life balance and summer hours are the most positive point(in 27 reviews)

• Lots of different experiences with different teams, good pay, good chance of getting a job(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance largely depends upon your manager(in 8 reviews)

• Upper Management need to create co-authorship with employee(in 10 reviews)

Management disconnected from the main hourly employees

Operator (Current Employee)

ProsPay & Benefits. Hourly employees: ( some of the better people I have met).

ConsManagement is disconnected from the main hourly employees. Poor communication from management to employees creates difficult work environment. Management promotion is decided not by the most skilled/qualified person but by who can make themselves look the best even if they are not qualified for the position. Conflicting policies on how to do a task create a disorganized workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your hourly employees many of them have been their for many years and have tons of experience running their equipment. If the hourly employees were listened to it would substantially increase productivity and moral.

Very bad work experience at the Lincoln plant for 6 years.

General Labor (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsThe pay was good. with good benifits

ConsPoor supervisors and a very poorly ran plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep a plant in operation, do not turn a well ran plant over to a rookie.

Fifteen years experience in Snack Foods Manufacturing ranging from entry-level through Leadership.

Hourly Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent hourly pay used as a means to hire and retain employees.

ConsInsincere management who are consistent in saying the correct words but hold themselves above the rules. Aloof attitude, I came to believe that Management honestly thought they were a privileged class...very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts the ConAgra culture, after these many years of observation I sincerely doubt anything can be done.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy

Consumer Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere are no pro's, only dishonest and sneaky company.

ConsIf you want to work for a company you have to always wonder about what they are doing behind close doors this is the company for you. Company is sneaky and sly. If they buy your company out please look for another job ASAP, In less than 2 years you will be demoted and then let go. They believe in numbers and not the quality given to their customers or consumers. What they tell you is never what you will get.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and stop looking for ways to deceive your consumers and customers, and employees. People aren't as ignorant and you think they are.

Sr Consumer Affairs Claims Rep 3

Customer Service Account Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFlexible work hours and working from home

ConsCompany was not forthcoming with all information/ their intentions

Stay Away from ConAgra Forest Park

Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) Forest Park, GA

ProsThe Compensation fair for area.

ConsHuman Resources , Sexual Harassment by Management not taking seriously, rampant politics, long hours, Supervision cut to the bone. No room for growth, Medical benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employee's. The company does have good products but that does not mean you can treat your employees any way you choose , cause eventually the company will fail

Don't get stuck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good, benefits are crap.

ConsOpportunities are lacking and management uses management cliches all the time in order to get people to just give up on talking to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic, back off of unnecessary projects.

Worst company I have ever had the displeasure to work for. There is no direction and leadership.

Operator (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThe people are the best. Lots of good hearted people work there.

ConsNo work / life balance at all. Management has no idea how to run the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the floor. Don't destroy lives just to make a buck. keep the people happy and the profits will come.

A very unpredictable, inconsistent job with absolutely no accountability.

Team Leader Quality (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThey gave me an income.

ConsThe company bought out the place I was working for, got rid of all the customers and business we had, tried to create their own products instead, and then when their products flopped, the business was run into the ground (shut down) within 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to hold people accountable. They preach accountability, but don't practice what they preach.

Unstrategic. Bully.

ProsPay is very strong and lot's of autonomy.

ConsPolitics are so thick that engagement is so low.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the politics and become miuch more strategic. Show respect for all functions. Then you will meet plan.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!