ConAgra Foods Reviews

Big Changes

Current Employee - Finace
    Current Employee - Finace

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time

Pros

Flexible work life balance. The company believes in developing their people and promoting from within.

Cons

HQ in Omaha, NE. The company is going through a lot of change right now. They got into the Private Brands space, handled it poorly and now will be selling it. New CEO in town and is making big changes; which is good for the company to stay relevant and competitive. Good for the bottom line but maybe not so good for people that will lose their jobs.

Advice to Management

Please just be honest and sensitive to the changes.

Changes always happening

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Changing goals.... Company trys to be something it is not

Major change and budget cuts ahead

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work-life balance, company promotes from within, development programs

Cons

Sean Connolly just announced the sale of our private brands business and we are losing a lot of good CAG employees with the sale. Sean is also in the process of making huge changes to ConAgra Foods in order to better compete with the 3G Capital-owned Heinz and Kraft. He has said we are adopting the 3G Capital model of reducing SG&A costs. We are now adopting a zero-based budgeting strategy that will force us to cut all costs but those which are very necessary for our business. Rumors of impending mass layoffs are spreading and this week several of our executive vice presidents were either terminated or voluntarily left the company. Sean keeps talking about outsourcing and reducing management to cut costs as well. Morale within the organization has definitely been hit hard. I'm starting to look at other opportunities because the outlook at ConAgra seems poor.

Advice to Management

Please don't take us down the road of Heinz. 3G Capital made a bunch of changes at Heinz and has put profit before employees; the employees don't seem to be happy other there. We are ConAgra Foods and proudly produce quality "food you love." We are supposed to put our customers and consumers first. Making extreme budget cuts and layoffs will inevitably tarnish our service and product quality for the sake of short term, unsustainable profits for our shareholders.

5. National Account Manager

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

Pros

There is quite a bit of ability for movement upward and to be promoted. There are a lot of unknowns at the moment but that could lead to great possibilities.

Cons

Leadership is lacking; company direction and goals are minimal.

6. Great Company to Work

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time

Pros

Challenging environment and opportunities to learn.

Cons

A lot of flux right now.

7. Sanitor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR

I worked at ConAgra Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the work. Benefits are good.

Cons

Inconsistent hours. As a result of the union most decisions are based upon seniority, and not performance.

Advice to Management

Be more concerned about product quality. Too much of a disconnect between front office and the production floor. Floor management needs to be more involved instead of siting in the office surfing the net or reading the paper.

8. Transition period

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods (More than a year)

Pros

good and challenging projects flexible work environment benefits are okay

Cons

lots of changes lately...company is losing money with recent acquisition...has to divest less perks due to cutting back on costs top management not firm with decision making...projects are sometimes scrapped due to indecision uncertainty about future as there will be layoffs and outsourcing or work lots of processes to go through to get anything done

Advice to Management

do more homework when make big decisions and try not to change course midstream

9. Great Internship for Newbies

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Graduate Student in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods

Pros

I interned in the R&D department and this internship is a great way to get your feet wet in product development. The projects are real and may potentially become a reality. You must be a great self starter and willing to take every opportunity!

Cons

Sometimes the work spaces and seem overcrowded

10. Great people, poor senior management

Former Employee - Brand Design Manager in Kildeer, IL
    Former Employee - Brand Design Manager in Kildeer, IL

I worked at ConAgra Foods (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full of great, hard working people.

Cons

Benefits are expensive, little to no hiring from within, promotions ... forget about it!

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves! More appreciation for the people who make things happen is required.

11. Changing Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+New CEO is changing the culture and organization for the better of the business +Installing own version of 3G strategy to trim the fat (lots of fat) +Employee Resource Network helps foster internal networking

Cons

- Stuck in 1985 (Brands, Systems, Culture, Process, Trade Policy) - Lack of thought leadership by previous executive board has decimated the company - Supply Chain and HR organizations are very weak compared to other CPG companies - At one point I had 7 bosses & they we are all Vice Presidents

Advice to Management

Keep changing the organization and apply the 3G model to continue bring shareholder value. Keep being transparent with changes in the company and treat employees fairly

RSS Feed </> Embed