ConAgra Foods Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Can't deal with the circus anymore

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people day to day. Compensation is fair and enjoyed the job.

Cons

Reorg fatigue. Can't continue to work for a company where no matter how hard you work, you still don't know if you have a job every 8 to 12 months.

Advice to Management

Let the organization you just got done making run for a while before tossing it up again.

2. Transition period

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods (More than a year)

Pros

good and challenging projects flexible work environment benefits are okay

Cons

lots of changes lately...company is losing money with recent acquisition...has to divest less perks due to cutting back on costs top management not firm with decision making...projects are sometimes scrapped due to indecision uncertainty about future as there will be layoffs and outsourcing or work lots of processes to go through to get anything done

Advice to Management

do more homework when make big decisions and try not to change course midstream

Major change and budget cuts ahead

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work-life balance, company promotes from within, development programs

Cons

Sean Connolly just announced the sale of our private brands business and we are losing a lot of good CAG employees with the sale. Sean is also in the process of making huge changes to ConAgra Foods in order to better compete with the 3G Capital-owned Heinz and Kraft. He has said we are adopting the 3G Capital model of reducing SG&A costs. We are now adopting a zero-based budgeting strategy that will force us to cut all costs but those which are very necessary for our business. Rumors of impending mass layoffs are spreading and this week several of our executive vice presidents were either terminated or voluntarily left the company. Sean keeps talking about outsourcing and reducing management to cut costs as well. Morale within the organization has definitely been hit hard. I'm starting to look at other opportunities because the outlook at ConAgra seems poor.

Advice to Management

Please don't take us down the road of Heinz. 3G Capital made a bunch of changes at Heinz and has put profit before employees; the employees don't seem to be happy other there. We are ConAgra Foods and proudly produce quality "food you love." We are supposed to put our customers and consumers first. Making extreme budget cuts and layoffs will inevitably tarnish our service and product quality for the sake of short term, unsustainable profits for our shareholders.

5. Warehouse Manager

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Malaga, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Malaga, NJ

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time

Pros

Winter months off, need it after the summertime.

Cons

Beat you to death in the summertime. 6am to 11pm some nights. Poor salary.

6. Operations Manager

Former Employee - Plant Manager in O Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Plant Manager in O Fallon, MO

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Company to work for if you have a good manager to work for. Pay is good.

Cons

Too many hours required each week.

7. .

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time

Pros

(most of) my team is like my family; relaxed atmosphere (Friday afternoons off in the summer, can wear jeans every day, work from home one day per week), generous tuition reimbursement

Cons

health insurance, company stability, hiring decisions, lack of path to career progression (yet an overemphasis on what people in certain career levels are allowed to do), too slow in making decisions at the management level

Advice to Management

Please quit hiring and/or blindly promoting your friends. Please don't ever take away the casual work environment.

8. not all is golden like the fries

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, WA

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work year round. Hourly employees are mostly good people.

Cons

If you ask for a day off for a religious occasion it's denied and are told to call in which then goes against your attendance. If you have a vacation week(7 days)and ask for it off because of a birth of son/daughter only 5 days are given. An Agreement says you will only do 3 days of overtime per week, but employees are routinely required to do up to 7 days. They don't hire new employees to reduce the stress of overtime on current employees. Management. Supervisory personnel constantly releasing product out of grade to make budget on pressure from management. Cutting hourly positions left and right.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people not machines.

9. OK company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Career path progression is good. - Salary and overall compensation is lucrative. - They have select brands that can, with focus, be leveraged to unlock tremendous value across multiple categories. - Mostly good culture across teams.

Cons

Not too many I can think of. I worked here for several years and enjoyed good career growth for the most part. They ran into some issues in the recent past which the current CEO publicly acknowledged as mis-steps taken. They are now taking measures to fix these steps.

Advice to Management

Continue to take fast and decisive action to get back to growth as exemplified by the actions of the new CEO. Your portfolio needs more natural and organic items, across most categories, but particularly in frozen foods.

10. Bad company

Current Employee - Wrapper in Ripon, WI
    Current Employee - Wrapper in Ripon, WI

Pros

The only pros are the people you work with.

Cons

The company lies to you. Doesn't decent.

Systematic dismantling of people programs

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good (at least for now) HQ in Omaha is a great location to work at

Cons

New CEO seemingly doesn't prioritize people at all Highly politicized environment Focus on cutting costs to the detriment of quality of life Low trust

Advice to Management

Consider the longer lasting impacts of short term gains

RSS Feed </> Embed