ConAgra Foods Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Career ender

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My coworkers are great and there is a lot of collaboration between functional teams. Work hours for most functional teams are very reasonable.

Cons

Only the incompetent are promoted. Salary range is much lower than other companies in the industry. Original thought is frowned upon. If you aren't a "yes man" they will find a way to get rid of you. Only top level employees get bonuses and actual raises.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ideas and advice of others. Had you done this in the past, half of the company wouldn't be for sale and you would be able to afford to pay your employees. Pay your people based on the kind of job they do instead of by their years with the company.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at ConAgra Foods (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many changes over the past few years to create more work life balance.

Cons

Constant reorganization and reprioritizing priorities.

High Turnover but Good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Major restructuring every couple of years. Employees friendly and will roll up sleeves to help. Good benefits and training is very good.

Cons

Constant churning with org. Many brands our 3 rd. tier brands that are not growing and unprofitable. Move to PL has been an expensive acquisition and may never pay out.

Advice to Management

They need to decide who\what they want to be from a strategic standpoint. Very top heavy and for the most part the business is build at the ground level with the rank and file being the glue.

5. easy

Pros

Easy money and extremely laid back

Cons

Random schedule poor management quality

Bad..... maybe getting better.... but in the worse ways!

Current Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is ok, benefits are benefits but not good, some nice people........ little to say with all restructuring going on and constant change every year since I joined company.

Cons

It's not a company - it's a machine, and not in a good way. You're just a way to get more returns out of business for shareholders...... nothing more to leadership - your kids/parents could be sick, losing your house, etc...... they want you working long hours or go find another job...... or they'll just cut you.

Advice to Management

You're changing the business for the worst and not helping the economy or population as a whole...... I get that's not what it's about and I know it must be easy sleeping on piles of cash, but the employees deserve more.

7. laborer

Current Employee - OHIO in Troy, OH
    Current Employee - OHIO in Troy, OH

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits are ok

Cons

Management. Lack of communication is a really big issue at our plant. It seems we find out about changes in policies and rules when someone gets in trouble for one of those changes that wasn't communicated.

Advice to Management

If you are gonna talk the talk then walk the walk. You expect it from the employees and want us to act like we own it and hold us accountable for our actions, however when management fails..and does often..there is no accountability.

8. Researching current salaries at other ConAgra plants.

Current Employee - QA Lab Tech in Park Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - QA Lab Tech in Park Rapids, MN

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. They do offer the basic benefits and a small contribution to your 401 (k).

Cons

We can't keep qualified lab techs which leads to way to much forced overtime for the remaining techs.

Advice to Management

If the company wants to attract and KEEP qualified lab techs they MUST increase the pay. There is absolutely NO incentive to be a lab tech considering all the training and responsibility we are tasked with. When a forklift driver and pallatizer make the same wage, you have a problem.

9. Reality Check Needed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

I worked at ConAgra Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location. Real, honest, down to earth production employees, decent pay (as long as you aren't educated it's acceptable), recognition program. Outstanding safety program. Leadership in corporate is far superior to plants.

Cons

Management. How self important do you think you are? You are untouchable, above the law and untrustworthy. The people are the ones bearing the brunt of the work in a servant leadership model. What do you do exactly to earn YOUR paycheck? Benefits are so-so. And forget it if you don't have a degree-you'll be a grunt forever. Playing favorites are a part of daily life.

Advice to Management

Open your doors. Be accessible to your employees. See the off shifts. Stop lying to employees and have open honest communication. Enough with taking things away, we aren't children in nursery school. Get involved and get to know your employees again, without them you are nothing.

10. program review

Pros

Collaborative, great experience, a great way to gain managerial experience early in your career

Cons

It was sometimes very political in the plant

11. New Career

Current Employee - Associate Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Associate Business Systems Analyst in Omaha, NE

Pros

Love the team I work with. All great people who are down to Earth and willing to help you with anything. They are all also willing to teach anything you don't know specifically about the job or company.

Cons

Currently the company wants its newer hires to rotate teams every few years. Difficult to deal with as it makes you feel like you have to "start-over" at the same company every few years.

Advice to Management

Continue to have forgiving hours and great benefits! Consider changing the rotations concept.

RSS Feed </> Embed