ConAm Group of Companies

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
3.2

Chaz Mueller

It was rewarding to be in the prescence of complete professionalism

Current Employee - Leasing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

promotions, professionalism, attentive to be during the interview and very interactive. It was refreshing. They made me feel comfortable

Cons

none except the feeling of being separated from real people when they arrived for help

continue to provide the qualified personnel that you

Could be a great company but seems to need new leadership to become competitive in today's environment.

I worked at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros are this company is growing and seems to be stable. Time off policy is nothing great.

Cons

To begin with ConAm has the worst 401K benefits I have ever heard of. I was told they decided at the end of the year what the match was but once I went through benefits training I found out you only get a match to pay after 1 year of service and they only match up to 2%. The bonus program for onsite staff is horrible. Leasing agents and maintenance staff are eligible for a bonus only if the delinquency of the community is under 1% at the 18th day of the month. This is virtually impossible unless you can talk residents that don't pay into moving out immediately. This bonus program is not customer or employee friendly. In addition to the terrible bonus program the commissions are extremely low to begin with.

Technology at ConAm is light years behind the Multi Family Housing industry. In a day and age where technology has allowed potential residents to take advantage of online leasing, ConAm only allows residents to lease online but then they have to send a deposit check in by mail or physically bring it into the leasing office. This can lead to a higher cancellation rate as residents don't put down much to hold an apartment. It also leads to confusion in the office and more worked required from future residents, leasing staff and management.

Get with the times. The multi-family housing industry is very competitive right now. When you have many issues hiring skilled maintenance people and office staff make sure you are giving them a reason to work for you. Your perks, benefits and lax response to today's work environment is prohibiting ConAm from attracting and retaining the best quality of workers.

A company that has the right ideas in place but not necessarily the right people sharing those ideas with others.

I worked at ConAm Group of Companies full-time

Pros

ConAm has an excellent benefits package and the salary rage is comparable with industry standards.

Cons

The company is very compartmentalized and at times you are forced to delay moving forward with completing a task until you have obtain feedback and or approval from another department that the route you wish to go in is the one they too agree with.

There is always someone in the San Diego Corporate Office willing to help you so if you find that you are not getting what you need from anyone within your Regional Office make sure to contact Corporate and they will be sure to help you.

Great experience working at ConAm.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The support and structured environments really benefit employees and set up for future career growth. The added bonus is the efforts made to encourage a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

With so many people it can be a very fast paced environment. For those that are not prepared, it can be overwhelming at first. But luckily there is plenty of help for those that seek it.

On the lower pay scale

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Moreno Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies full-time

Pros

I did enjoy the dental insurance. And how you can access your paycheck stubs online and your w2 at the beginning of the yeAr.

Cons

Need bonuses and or higher hourly. When I got my yearly raise it was 21cent and the 2nd year it was only 12cent. OVERALL THE PAY WAS POOR.

Get a bonus program where every rental and renewal you get something. We are getting at least a $1000 or more monthly for rent and we are keeping people to stay witch saves you the company money and get nothing.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A very nice family atmosphere

Cons

Too fast paced at times

Good company with great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clear expectations of each role within the company. Fair pay and good benefits. People are knowledgeable. Good work/life balance. Good senior management who listens to feedback.

Cons

Limited innovation. Focus on status quo not improvements. Lack of technical advancement.

Hire additional resources if needed to be able to advance conceptually and factually. Allow current employees to bring ideas to the table and implement ideas when appropriate.

Great people! Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone cares about each other - feel lucky to work with such good people.
    Great place to learn and grow in your career.
    Company keeps growing - getting bigger.

Cons

Bonus program could be better.
    Could use more support staff.

Understand industry bonus programs and pay accordingly

Why don't you listen to your staff about what really goes on.

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cant name any. If your face does not fit then they really make it hard for you to learn anything.

Cons

Countless people start and leave this company. I dread going to work because of my manager who is so unprofessional but I need the money.

Listen to staff lower down the food chain. We are speaking the truth about what really goes on in the office.

I was appalled at the way that not only I, but several of my colleagues, were treated.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at ConAm Group of Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Training Program
    Extensive knowledge of Property Management practices

Cons

Shady Politics
    Poor Leadership
    Closed Door Policy
    Mistreatment of Employees

Loyalty to your employees is equally as important as their loyalty to you.