Conair

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronald T. Diamond

Decent company some pro s some negative

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsEasy commute nice people free lunch

ConsNo chance for growth in this company you have a job you stay in it some bosses not all are awful

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people grow give opportunities for growth

Not for a Go Getter

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsStandard 9-5 hours. Very little overtime.
    Free lunch
    Decent health insurance
    Nice profit sharing plan

ConsPeople are promoted without the accompanying compensation. Because of that it's a company of commuters.
    The owner micro manages every aspect of the business.
    Very little room for advancement or professional growth.
    A place to work just to say you have a job.
    The most talented people either leave for greener pastures or get fired for being too smart.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is no advice to give. The owner runs the place with an iron fist. He's going to do whatever he wants regardless of what anyone says.

As a FMA technician you discover a load of consumer electronics.

FMA Technician (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

Prosvery versatile and diverse tasks during the day
    work environment very lean

Conssmell of vinegar when clearing coffee machines
    strong smell of remaining layers of burnt oil on the devices

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Hostile - Don't get stuck here if you can help it

ProsRaises aren't great by any means, but consistent (even in a down economy)
    Stable company if you can handle the bullying from your bosses

ConsThere are two classes of employees here: the chosen ones and the despised ones. Doing a good job is irrelevant. Saving money or creating efficiencies is irrelevant. Accountability is non existent if you are a chosen one. If you are despised, watch your back. There is no changing roles, reputations, or "employee class". Management ego is at the forefront of every decision. Kiss the ring or kiss your future in this company goodbye.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice at all. Either you're aware of the hostile environment you create and find it acceptable, or you're unaware and you're blind and can't read this website.

Great people, management is unfair

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsComp breakfast and lunch, profit sharing and 401-k, good people. Benefits are good but each year the cost increases while coverages decrease

ConsEmployees are overworked or bored to death. People are often fired for very little offenses while others get away with murder. Boss has his favorites list. Compensation is all over the board but in most cases are below market.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees. Get more feedback from the people in the tredges

Interesting

Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosgood 401K, short business days

ConsThe People with in NJ

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees not just Management.

This company still operates like it did in the 80's

Product Manager (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsLearned a lot by using my own resourcefulness.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Once you are in a job, you are stuck. Petty behavior among top management, you are embarrassed to be seen with them at client meetings. Overall, very unprofessional. The human resources department is basically nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in a human resources department and teach your managers how to develop people.

Take the good with the bad

Product Manager (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGood benefits, great people, no-cost breakfast and lunch, decent profit sharing, great options for investing your 401-k

ConsSalaries are below market, some departments get away with murder while others are held to strict rules. People leave the company and their positions are often not filled while their colleagues are expected to pickup the workload without additional compensation. Hostile workplace. Really unfair across the board. If you're used to corporate America, this will be a tough transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo retain good people, get market salary information and bring people up to where they should be instead of giving them the basic raise. Just because you're a friend of the family, doesn't make you qualified for the job and definitely doesn't qualify you for a higher salary.

I love designing and the people plus environment make it a pleasure to come to work every day.

Lead Designer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

Prosdesign environment is open and you are not limited in your creativity

Consvery corporate atmosphere and not many areas to be promoted within the company because upper management doesn't leave or promote many people.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to promote better from within and keep employees longer

Great experience

Creative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLearn a lot on the job

ConsCan get tedious at times

Worked for Conair? Contribute to the Community!