Concentra

Updated February 28, 2015
Updated February 28, 2015
3.1

Ted Bucknam

Pros
  • Good compensation and work-life balance, focus on patient experience (in 7 reviews)

• Climbable ladder, good PTO, good benefits, good location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I hope the upper management that is there gets a clue on how to handle people (in 10 reviews)

• Old systems (lotus notes), horrible communciation, zero follow through and everyone is out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

The Mission, Vision and the Values

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working for the company for almost two years now and I really like it because not only do they have great benefits for every employee but the way they all work together to render satisfactory service among patients is being practiced.. The company is committed and willing to expense for clinicians growth and in return, every employee is expected to utilized it in their care.
    Every employee are encouraged to work as a team.I like the professionalism and healthy competition among colleagues /staff and the leaders are committed to practice a consistent and effective method to help staff reach their great potential

Cons

It would even be better if we get a PT technician to help with organization and cleaning since the time spend to clean or set up modalities can sometimes take away from patient care.

I enjoy working at Concentra in Connectiicut as a physical therapist.

Current Employee - Physical Therapy Director
    Current Employee - Physical Therapy Director

I have been working at Concentra

Pros

Great team effort to provide the best possible patient care. Company funded fellowship program from the 'Manual Therapy Institiute.' Travel, lodging, food, and course expenses all paid by company for MTI course! Great opportunity to move up in leadership. Great benefits, 401k match, and salary. Performance incentive compensation and yearly raises included.

Cons

Occassionally gets busy, a bit overwhelming at times. Support staff not always available.

Adivce to management would be to allow for more support staff.

Concentra Physical Therapy

Current Employee - Center Therapy Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Center Therapy Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

High colleague engagement
    Great continuing education allowance.
    Above average salary with attainable bonus system.

Cons

Treating malingerers and symptom magnifiers, though they represent only 1 in about 15 patients.

Continuing to treat employees well.

Love my job!

Current Employee - I Work In the Therapy Department Working With Children and Adults

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at Concentra is the team work in the therapy and medical departments. Enjoy working with such professional providers, nurses, supervisors and therapists. Feel like a true family!

Cons

I would like to see involvement in community educational events about the advantages of speech therapy.

Keep up with the positive reinforcements!

Center Operations Director

Current Employee - Center Operations Director
    Current Employee - Center Operations Director

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent company with many opportunities for growth and development within.

Cons

Senior leadership more focused on making money and less focused on patient experience, even though patient experience is the supposed "main focus" of the company.

Hire Center Medical Directors who are more focused on being leaders and being more about the team and less about themselves. Stop making the patients suffer due inadequate staffing.

A company that not only I believe in , but believes in me !

Current Employee - Front Office Lead/Medical Assistant in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Front Office Lead/Medical Assistant in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Concentra offers many opportunities , training and encouragement . The have built a set of values that is really fulfilling as an employee . They bring real meaning to the quote " love your job and never work a day in your life"

Cons

Yes every company does have con's , However Concentra recognizes that these occur and do everything in their power to effectively develop new processes to correct issues . They also take advice and recommendations from a center level and take the concerns all the way to corporate , which then develops ways or additional training if needed .

I’m a current employee of Concentra; I was brought on after doing my externship for medical assisting. When I sat in that interview almost 3 years ago, and was asked that typical interview question “where do you see yourself in 5 year’s” I answered openly and honestly .My answer was simple “I see myself being successful and growing with a company who not only I believe in but believes in me” and now sitting here 3 years later I am reassured I have found that company. Concentra has amazing values and one of their number one priorities is excellent patient care. Also as an employee who is interested in growing with the company they have given me the tools, training and support to do so. The center leadership and area teams are very aware of my goals and offer helpful tips when needed, I love working for a company who values me as an employee and who also values their patients. The Center leadership , Area and Regionals teams in the Northeast Zone especially in the Philadelphia market are doing a wonderful job and they should keep inspiring their employee's to live up to their potential .

Leaders in development and engagement

I have been working at Concentra (less than a year)

Pros

Engaging and encouraging leadership throughout the company. Concentra is excellent at providing the tools every colleague need for success. Active critique and suggestions are encouraged from colleagues to improve upon daily tasks and processes giving ownership to those who perform them. Great work/home balance provides ample time to develop as an employee as well as spend time with family

Cons

Room for growth is limited but available to those who work for it

Great Company

I have been working at Concentra full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Get to care for the people that make this country great

Cons

Anyone in medical knows a con is just the changing environment

Raving fan

I have been working at Concentra

Pros

Great people I work with!!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time

Hire more doctors in the centers

Working For Concentra

I have been working at Concentra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Company that cares for their employees
    Great room for growth
    Being able to help people with their medical needs

Cons

Only major holidays employees are off work (sick people don't take days off).
    Training can take a bit, be patient... It's worth it!

This is a great company to work for. I am very grateful for the opportunity