Concentra Reviews

Ehh...

Current Employee - Center Operations Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Center Operations Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401k with match.

Cons

New "focus" every other week. Due to high turnover of providers and leadership in the clinics, it makes it difficult to let any of the new initiatives stick. IT and EMR need a lot of improvement. Poor development of center level leadership. Difficult to train new colleagues, when no one is hired until after others leave.

Advice to Management

Focus on the providers. Take better care of them, and make it easier for them to see patients. Operations can't provider superior customer service without providers being able to move faster. Operations can't meet wait time expectations without providers able to see patients within that time frame. We need to quit losing great providers by burning them out, and we need to get rid of the provider that refuse to move faster. Build the culture you want, starting with the providers and the rest will fall into place.

Glad to be gone

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Concentra part-time

Pros

Great coworkers. Some centers (not all) have standard hours with no weekends or holidays. Had the opportunity to work side by side with some excellent physicians, PA's, and NP's. Pay is decent.

Cons

Employees are under-appreciated by upper management. I shudder to hear the words "roll out" which indicated another way that the organization can add to your work load without giving you extra time or compensation for doing so. Policies and procedures vary from week to week with Concentra...It all depends on who you ask and which way the wind blows. The current patient rating score system is as follows: 20% chance of getting positive scores, 10% neutral, and 70% negative. How can you expect your people to succeed? These scores determined bonuses and raises for low level staff, while having little impact on the doctors that drove the scores. We were constantly badgered over wait-times, which was consistently getting longer as the organization's only concern was how much money they could bring in.

Advice to Management

No employee enjoys working under the constant threat of being fired. Instead of telling them "Smile or we will find someone who will" in a roll out, try improving the morale of the organization and the employees will do that naturally. If you promise to take care of your employees, then follow up with that! The excitement of the organization actually listening to its employees was quickly doused when we realized that we were lied to. Rather than focusing your energy on adding more business (and ultimately adding more patient volume) focus on how you can improve the patient flow with the business you have.

Good for the short term

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with..You are not micro managed and the position is very flexible

Cons

Horrible commission plan...There is rarely a way to track it or know where you actually stand. As far as the commission plan goes-they don't actually tell you what the plan is until the second quarter--that has happened several years in a row! The metrics are always changing...ALWAYS. They have no problem taking money back from employees for their faults in over payment for their horrible commission plans. Horrible health insurance. Technology is beyond outdated.

Advice to Management

Ohhh if I could just say you overlook the great talent you have and award the people that don't really deserve it---bc in all honesty you know as well as I know they can not control certain numbers. There are some managers that have never even been in the field that should not be managers and don't even have a clue...seriously clueless. You should always promote from within for sales managers--because they will always understand and relate better with the reps. Please quit asking us to sell a "best in class" program when our clinics and operations are no where near best in class...It makes the sales people look like liars.

Concentra Medical centers:

Current Employee - Center Medical Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Center Medical Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Concentra as a medical provider for 15 years. It is a great company to work for. I have been provided the opportunity to provide medical services to employees of companies for work related injuries, as well as urgent care for private patients. The overall support from our area team leadership has been outstanding, as we strive to provide the best care within our capabilities. I enjoy going to work at my center every day, and have an excellent support staff which makes my job easier. Company benefits are generous, with very competitive salaries as well as time off with coverage. It has been a highly rewarding second career for me in the medical field.

Cons

The only negative has been that I am working for a company and am not my own boss. This makes emergency changes in schedule more difficult in some ways, but in others, since emergency coverage can be provided, it actually is easier than if It were my own practice. Also, scheduling special events has to be planned in advance so the time can be covered.

Advice to Management

continue what you are doing.

Lead Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Team Leader in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

150+ patients per day turnaround

Cons

Advancement and compensation for excellent employees

Advice to Management

Assistance when needed

Good beginning experience but not a long term career

I have been working at Concentra full-time

Pros

fast paced, good opportunities for work experience in multiple areas, closed on holidays

Cons

employees almost always "burnout", not enough time in the day to complete everything that needs to be done, long hours, stressful environment, always understaffed because of high turnover rates

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more concerned with retention of valuable employees.

8. I love my patients

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Peoria, AZ
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We run a patient driven clinic.. Patients matter

Cons

pay could be a litter better

Advice to Management

Come and interact with the centers more. See how hard we work

9. Doctor

Former Employee - Doctor
    Former Employee - Doctor

Pros

Allow Flexible work schedule. Multiple locations.

Cons

Directors and their office staff micromanage work by professionals.

Advice to Management

Allow qualified professionals more autonomy.

CTD Concentra big clinic

Former Employee - Clinic Therapy Director in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Clinic Therapy Director in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy Job, do not need to be a good therapist to thrive in this setting, hands on is discouraged and documentation is easy and quick. Always have a MD or DO or PA or NP on staff so you have no real responsibilities and they do not expect much from therapy so you can kick the can if you want

Cons

Workers compensation need I say more, no support from management at all, in fact they try to throw you under the bus if need be, have to deal with a lot of crap that you have no control of, work with not only other therapists and support staff and MDs and PAs, but also MAs and front office staff. Clinics are extremely busy and you have to see a lot of new patients without adequate time to see them. For some reason they think it is a priviledge to work here, but it is actually a much more stressful job than any other that I have had as a therapist in my whole career and you get much much less out of it. Patient's are essentially forced to come down to therapy, so it is as close to LTAC for outpatient therapy as you can be.

Advice to Management

Support your clinicians better and do not change your plans every other week

Management by crazy metrics

Former Employee - Center Therapy Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Center Therapy Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, the caseload is interesting. The benefits are decent. This is a tough question to answer because theres really very little to like about Concentra.

Cons

I had much more clinical and management experience than my supervisor and he felt intimidated by it and refused to take the advice of me or other employees with more experience. Managers ofter wrote up employees for things based on something someone heard from someone else that was untrue. Management quick to throw people under the bus to cover for their own mismanagement.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation for your people. There was a wealth of practical management and clinical experience that could have benefited the company if the area manager would listen. Advice intimidated management when it should be welcomed.

RSS Feed </> Embed