Concentric Pharma Advertising

Updated May 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David P Drucker and Adam Cohen

The intern program is one-of-a-kind and teaches you boundless knowledge about the current pharma landscape.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpen door policy
    Friendly, hard-working environment
    Upper-level employees are willing to take time out of their day to explain things to you

ConsCons are few and far between, the program was long but not too arduous.

Great people, long hours.

Project (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOver all it is a great company. Because it is small you have access to everyone in the company. It truly is a team atmosphere where people are helping out to make other people's days smoother.

ConsAdvertising is a crazy life style. The hours and flow of work can often get out of control. Working late in the industry is standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the culture. Try to get better control of client requests.

super frustrated by miscommunication and uncompetence

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe job I have is near my house and pays more than my last job and the job is also less stressful than my last job.

ConsI have been very frustrated trying to get benefits. I asked to speak with the person who is the supervisor of the person who is supposed to be coordinating my benefits and was not given access to this person. Another time I called and was told they were not there, and then heard them in the background. The reason I was trying to contact the supervisor is multiple emails to this person and through the website went unanswered. If you look at their website it does not give any information on contact people.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend your employees use manners when communicating with others such as "please" and "thank you." Recommend them be more professional and competent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Concentric is an agency that thrives on the idea. If you got what it takes—you'll grow here fast

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpen door access to partners
    High level of responsibility and accountability.
    Relaxed and creative environment
    A culture of respect for others and the work

ConsLike most agency's, we tend to focus on the client. Internal communication could be improved so everyone understands how to be successful

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue agency update meetings, bagel Monday's, brand reviews and team-building functions. Take some time to continue reinforcing the values that have built a nice place to work.

It is what it is.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBeing a smaller agency, you are able to be more involved throughout the life of a project. There is opportunity to get that nice title you've always wanted.

ConsProcess here is very much "shoot from the hip" and management is usually "not on the same page", which leads to confusion and frustration for team members. This is a reflection of shortcomings of upper management. There is a lack of creative solutions here. Solutions are very "cookie cutter" and rote.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to communicate more with each other and understand where key decison makers are on projects to avoid the scenario of the day-to-day team members get mixed messages and become frustrated, confused and disgruntled.

To work at Concentric, you need to be self-suffcient and able to excel without much guideance.

Copywriter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe partners are some of the smartest people I have ever met. They try to push you forward and help you grow. Also, the employees in general, are all friendly and welcoming, not to mention that company morale is generally high.

ConsSome of the middle management are not very good at managing. They are competent and do their jobs well, but are not able to push/help you to your next level. It's very much a matter of trial by fire/sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe partners: brush up on communication with the entire company. There are times when no one know what's going on.
    Middle management: learn how to manage the people under you competently.

Great internship opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Friendly work environment, flexibility for what you get to do on the job

Cons-Not always things to do, lack of depth in analytics training

Worked for Concentric Pharma Advertising? Contribute to the Community!