Concept Technology, Inc.

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
4.7

James Fields

Can't find a better group to work with.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Concept Technology, Inc.

Pros

Great environment, tight-knit, great coffee, food and snacks abound.

Cons

Maybe add back massages to top it off.

Keep up the good work

I couldn't imagine a better working environment.

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Concept Technology, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone at Concept Technology cares. Consistently we are reminded that our job is to act in the best interest of our clients. The same holds true for the leadership. The leadership truly acts in the best interest of their employees. I've never been on a team where everyone is considered important, and is valued and respected for the job that they do. Concept Technology is truly a diamond in the rough. Whats better is that I haven't even touched on the fact that they keep a stocked fridge for the employees, have regular social gatherings, and are consistently looking for ways to help improve the quality of life inside and outside of the workplace.

Cons

Concept Technology isn't for everyone. The hiring process is tough. For the people who work at Concept this isn't a negative. It just ensure that we work with the right type of person with the appropriate talents. We work in a fairly high stress, extremely fast paced environment. If your looking for a desk job checking cron jobs and surfing Digg all day this isn't the place for you.

As we grow continue to keep the clients and employees best interest at heart. Do not loose sight of what makes Concept Technology so awesome.

The best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Concept Technology, Inc.

Pros

Concept Technology provides the best working environment for there employees. A few of the benefits are company provided snacks, drinks, and meals; 100% paid health insurance, Company Cars and monthly bonuses. Every member of the company is part of a team working together to provide our customers with the best possible service. I am a single father and concept has been very flexable with allowing me to wok a shift around my childcare needs. James Fields has always had a very open door policy and he is happy to listen to any ideas, concerns, or issues you may have. His policy for customer service is not only for his clients but for all of his employes too. He has personally brought me coffee when I was super busy one day and said thank you. If you ever have a chance to work for Concept Technology don't pass it up you won't be disappointed.

Cons

The only real issue I have had was my desk was kinda small and parking can be a little crowded

As the company continues to grow don't loose sight of the great environment that you provide for you employes. Management has always set realistic expectations and rewarded all of us for going above and beyond this directly gets passed on to the clients. Keep up the great work!

A great place to grow as an IT pro and have good work/life separation.

Current Employee - Engineering Team Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Engineering Team Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Concept Technology, Inc.

Pros

Variety: you're always doing new things and learning new skills. You'll frequently be thrust into situations where you'll need to think fast and be creative in finding solutions to tough problems, and will learn a TON in the process.
    I've never been asked to deceive a client or been put in a dicey ethical situation.
    Good benefits package.
    HR was extremely supportive when I had to take an extended medical leave.
    Competency of the engineering staff is high.
    Staff is close knit and there is no silly internal drama. Office politics are kept to an absolute minimum.
    I've received consistence performance-based raises on a yearly basis.
    Competency of technical management is excellent.

Cons

Environment is very fast paced - if you're interested in chilling at a desk reading Slashdot all day and reading the occasional logfile, this isn't the job for you.
    If you're not good at communicating with people, this isn't the job for you: you'll spend a lot of time talking with clients and helping them to understand complex concepts.
    Some parts of the office are somewhat lacking for space.

You're doing great - I've been proud of our work at Concept, and I've never been asked to compromise my ethics or been treated unfairly.

Great company to work for with amazing benefits

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology, Inc.

Pros

The hiring process is very intricate and detailed which means all the engineers hired are incredible at their job.

All of my previous coworkers were a pleasure to work with and very knowledgeable. There isn't an atmosphere of competition so everyone works together and shares knowledge regularly. If you didn't have an answer you could almost guarantee that someone would.

Reviews were occasionally late, but never absent and raises came with regular frequency.

The benefits package and bonus structure were top notch and the health insurance gave amazing coverage.

The company has always been profitable and grows steadily, even during the poor economy.

I was NEVER asked to compromise my morals to make a sale with a client.

Cons

The room for advancement inside the company is small due to all the engineers being on equal footing, but that's a downfall of IT consulting, not the company itself.

The company stays busy with clients so there are times when you can feel overwhelmed with the amount of work.

I really enjoyed my time at Concept and I miss everyone there. Keep doing what you're doing and I wish you all the best!

Good for IT experience if you can tolerate the noted problems, but don't expect to settle down.

I have been working at Concept Technology, Inc.

Pros

Our customers are some of the best with whom I've worked.

Overall, everyone is helpful to one another with no ego.

The privilege of working with some of the best IT consultants I've met.

Cons

The HR situation here is horrible. Basic HR questions and concerns take forever to get addressed or even acknowledged.

Annual reviews are inconsistent. If offered a position, I recommend you negotiate your salary as high as possible. There is no guarantee of a raise, let alone a review, so do not take what is initially offered. The employee handbook is a formality here, with the processes and procedures largely unpracticed.

Workspace is extremely cramped, making it difficult to concentrate when multiple people are on calls. It is very uncomfortable when in the office.

Immediate management is very disrespectful and condescending towards most engineers. There is a small, very obvious clique that fosters a double standard in treatment.

The turnover here is somewhat high, and while management officially states each case as a quality issue, it is generally a combination of reasons above, with immediate management as the primary reason someone leaves.

Pay more attention to your employees beyond the occasional outing and take a good, hard look at the double standards in treatment. Get serious about HR.

Concept Technology, Inc. Photos