Concierge Services of Atlanta

3 reviews filtered by
2.8
Penny Morriss
1 Rating

1. They wear out good talent.

Former Employee - Lead Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working there was the company was a contractor at all their buildings. It allowed you as an employee to meet and be exposed to all types of people. From an employee prespective, you never know who you can meet and make positive connections with.

Cons

They will ask so much of you but have no problem over looking you when a promotion comes up.

Advice to Management

It would be good to invest more in training your employees.

2. Turned out to be an very disappointing and extremely frustrating experience as a CSOA concierge.

Former Employee - Residential Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Residential Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time

Pros

Get to know building residents and their families very well. Meet some very interesting people. Provide guest service with a smile.

Cons

Very disorganized company. May easily end up with leads and/or managers that have no experience in providing exceptional guest service. If a property fails to renew a contract, you'll likely be out of a job, or at least for an unknown extended period of time. As a new employee, you can easily miss insurance signup deadlines due to lack of communication from company on when and what to do, only to wait a VERY long time to be eligible again (I missed two deadlines because no one gave me any info or direction which resulted in working for nearly a year without coverage). One will be forced to work regardless of even the most dangerous of weather. I was told that if I did not report to work during one of our recent snowstorms, I would be written up and/or terminated. It took me 6.5 hours to get there that day, and I was stranded afterwards with no safe way to find any accommodation for the night. I was unable to return home for two days. If you are sick.. chances are slim that you'll be allowed to take a sick day without possible disciplinary action against you as coverage is so paper thin, and there is a possibility that you can get stuck on a 14 hr shift if your relief does not show up. Shifts are usually 8 hours, and there are no breaks or lunch time provided. There is little to no chance of promotion, and raises are very very rare. Traditional tipping for going above and beyond is pretty much non-existent. If an employee has too many concerns, or raises too many flags, they just may be bullied to quit by their lead.. at the approval of upper management. One can usually only take so much pressure and abuse for so long. Your work life can become so incredibly unpleasant and difficult, that you'll eventually quit. I have never in my life experienced more negativity and unnecessary drama.. in any position I've held.. with any company I've worked for. My quality and outlook of life has improved drastically since I left my full time position.

Advice to Management

Carefully research and choose honest leaders with a strong background and history in providing guest service excellence. Listen closely to your employees and be more accommodating to their needs. Have more dependable backup in case someone gets sick or bad weather hits. Hire a few more hands to get things done in the main office, so that work is done more efficiently, accurately, and so that there is good strong procedure in place. Communicate clearly and honestly with staff at all times. Be more transparent in operations.

3. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Concerge
    Current Employee - Concerge

I have been working at Concierge Services of Atlanta

Pros

I loved working with CSOA, they provided me with proper training and the job was enjoyable. It was nice to develop relationships with people at the company.

Cons

I was working part-time and it was hard to get enough hours, mostly because everyone wants to work. Another downside was the pay, I wish it was a little higher.