Concord Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Robert P. Steigmeyer

Great place to be a nurse.

Prosprofessional growth potential
    leadership opportunities
    friendly environment
    nursing is respected
    transparency

Consdistance from home
    decrease in benefits over last 5 years
    Pay not as competitive

Once was great, not so much any more. The longer you are here, the more you see how the game is played

ProsGood work environment, lot's a tasks to do.

ConsNot much upper ward growth. Average medical benefit package. Picky reimbursement policy. Once in a job position, you may be there forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so cheap. Give employees what the need to do the job. For pities sake I need 16G of memory on my pc at a minimum! And don't make me grovel to get it.

Great place to work!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Concord, NH

ProsGood work/life balance. Self scheduling and flexibility. Good opportunities for advancement. Nice physical space and equipment. Nurses and physicians work as a team.

ConsOne of the lowest paying hospitals in the area. Marginal benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, don't just say you care, act like you do. Some management have been there too long, could use a housecleaning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mostly good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment. Awesome coworkers. This is a beautiful facility and it was fun to come to work everyday.

ConsIn my department, there was little to no room for advancement. Also, some of it was based on what I would consider to be the "good ol boy" system.

Good place to work, good people to work with.

New Grad RN (Current Employee) Concord, NH

ProsGreat interprofessional interactions.
    Willing to take the time to make sure you find a compatable position within the company.

ConsLower than average base pay for new grad RN's but I am very new so I am unsure of how performance/yearly reviews will affect that.

A

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsConcord Hospital is a place that really cares about its patients and its staff. They made several changes to better support its nursing staff which increased moral.

ConsThere is parking, however a new covered deck would be nice especially with the snowy winters.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking care of the nurses and they will take care of you.

Nov 13, 2013

It's great to hear that you had a positive experience working at Concord Hospital. We are always striving for continuous improvement and it is great to hear when changes have a positive impact for ... More

Community hospital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location, quality of staff

ConsManagement is stretched, covering too many departments

Sep 9, 2013

I'm so glad to see that you would recommend CH to a friend! We love it here! -Brandi Emerson, Talent Manager

Great Place to Work

Physician (Current Employee) Concord, NH

ProsCollaborate administration
    Patient Safety and Quality centered
    Nice Community

ConsCan sometimes take awhile to get a decision made
    Not a good area for single folks great for families

Sep 9, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you feel Concord Hospital is a great place to work! We have an exceptional culture here with very talented and collaborative providers. Thanks for your dedication! -Brandi ... More

A good and challenging place to work

Scheduler (Current Employee) Concord, NH

Prosthere have pretty good benefits.

ConsThe work load can be overwhelming and additional employees are not in the budget

Overall a decent place to work, but limited opportunity for advancement at 40-60% of market salary

Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Concord, NH

ProsDecent benefits at reasonable cost. Relatively stable. Quality services.

ConsLimited opportunity for advancement. Salary is not competetive at 40-60% of market.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter feedback and recognition of employees on an individual level would be appreciated. In this economy it's also difficult for employees to understand benefit cut backs and new salary cut backs when the hospital continues to expend and give so much charitable care. Employees feel disposable.

Mar 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I am excited to report back a few significant changes we have made in relation to some of your suggestions. Last year, we brought on an Employee Relations Program Manager ... More

Worked for Concord Hospital? Contribute to the Community!