Concord Hospital Reviews

Robert P. Steigmeyer

1. Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- great training - welcoming staff - excellent education opportunities - very patient centered care - excellent management

Cons

- no over time available - vertical growth minimal

Advice to Management

promotional opportunities for 5+ year employees

Jul 23, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

I'm glad to hear that you love it here. So do we! As part of our HR strategic plan, we are working on helping employees to identify career path and growth opportunities within the organization. I ... More

2. My work

Pros

Good working Environment,Wonderful colleagues,Up to date Medical equipment and facilities

Cons

over flow of patients,insufficient number of interns,

Advice to Management

continue with the good work ,encourage younger medical practitioners

3. Good place to start

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time

Pros

Accepts asn for now, looking to make BSN a requirement. Leadership good on some units. Good place to start out and get experience. Easy to get to

Cons

Pay poor, shift diff poor, no good raises. Float often for 1:1. Units have certain competencies

Jul 23, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always evaluating ways to improve the employee experience. We evaluate compensation annually to ensure our pay is in alignment with market. We are ... More

Worst Place I have EVER Worked

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO cares DNV instead of government approved

Cons

Management Employee Health Time it takes to get a job Benefits Earned time

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism. It is blatantly obvious that you favor some employees over the other ones.

Aug 3, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

I am sorry to hear you are not having a good experience while working at Concord Hospital. Concord Hospital prides itself as being a great place to work, with a transparent leadership model. We will ... More

Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

I worked at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary Good benefits Parking is easy

Cons

Upper management incompetent at VP level Paternalistic Physician centric Poor quality physicians are tolerated

Advice to Management

Clean house Need new blood at VP and above who have been employed longer than 5 years

Jul 23, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience while working at Concord Hospital. Concord Hospital prides itself as being a great place to work. We will continue to evaluate ways in which we ... More

7. Coding and Compliance Specialist

Pros

Concord Hospital has a strong commitment to both staff and their patients. Employee pride is evident in all levels of employment. It was a pleasure to work at Concord Hospital.

Cons

Due to the strong staff commitment, it was very difficult to advance in your careet.

Advice to Management

I left prior to Robert Steigmeyer becoming CEO, so I cannot rate him. I recommend that he maintain the integrity and commitment to staff and patients that Michael Green, former CEO had instilled.

Middle Management

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture/ atmosphere. Lots of educational opportunities. Nice location. Despite being a large organization, has a "family" feel.

Cons

Not fairly compensated for managing so many individuals. Despite market based increase, I still earn less than I did 10 years ago as staff at another local hospital --not being in a management position. Most of my employees make much more than I do. CHMG does not feel as fully integrated with the hospital -- many programs are centralized and difficult to attend.

Advice to Management

Create more advancement pathways for employees of CHMG. The only way my employees can advance is by leaving the practice (talent drain). Practice nurses and practice MA's have NO path for advancement. It is hard for them to stay engaged when there is no path for advancement. The time and attendance policy is not helpful to individuals with families.

9. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

I worked at Concord Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really nice, the food in the cafe is actually not bad, the building is very well maintained.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to move up in certain positions. Not really anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Management was great, really appreciated how they were able to balance the line between friend and boss.

10. Great place to work!

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive work atmosphere !

Cons

Pay is not fantastic :/

11. Work environment

Current Employee - Radiologist Technology in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Radiologist Technology in Concord, NH

Pros

As a company, I have found that there are very fair with their employees. For the most part we have been encouraged to speak to our supervisors, our higher if needed. I have always felt that I was heard, whether or not a solution could be rendered. They provide a good working atmosphere. The room for advancement is not always available due to the lack of turn over, nor new positions opened. In my 10+ years with the company my pay has increased while similar facilities have not been as fortunate, and our benefits have remained very good.

Cons

While the above is a positive it can be a downfall. With a large facilities you can become a number, as with as my place with thousands of employees.

Advice to Management

Employees input is paramount. A great facilities empowers all who work for them. They are in the day to day flow of business, and may see things not visible by management.

RSS Feed </> Embed