Concur

Concur Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Concur Chairman and CEO Steve Singh

Steve Singh

Pros
  • The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• A lot of opportunities for growth(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks(in 8 reviews)

• Too fast paced, too much information(in 6 reviews)

Reorg changed things

ProsGreat people who have been with the company a long time. That alone tells you something. Executive leadership team is sharp, fair and approachable. The vision for the company is inspiring.

ConsEver since there was a reorg, there's not been a lot of congruence with what was expected and how the actual execution has worked out. Company doesn't like confrontational situation, which is great, but also hampers when those under performing are not dealt with in a timely and effective manner. Instead, those who are performing or exceeding performance are overloaded and spread thin to the point they start to get ineffective are not as high performing as they used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with the front line on how things are going after such major changes such as a reorg or shift in strategy.

Lacking in maturity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice & talented folks overall
    Good perks – i.e., Free coffee and soft drinks
    Excellent benefits - Decent bonus, plenty of PTO

ConsStrangely quiet – People clamped to their desk w/headphones on staring at their monitors vs. a collaborative & energetic atmosphere.

IT Maturity – Tribal Knowledge is valued and rewarded internally. No functioning SDLC. Project roles are unclear. The 'bare minimum' set of deliverables are produced on projects, with zero re-usability built in. These practices will not scale to anticipated growth.

Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks.

Micromanagement – Several one-on-ones per week, plus, several team meetings, with the smallest details of our work being scrutinized almost daily. Many starts and stops on tasks due to daily changes in priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee satisfaction surveys such that problematic managers can be more easily identified.

rewarding, innovative, hard working, embraces change, challenging

Executive Level Manager (Current Employee)

Prosinnovative, positions every employee (who wants to do the work) to be successful, great culture, engaged executive team

Consnot for the person who does not embrace change or a fast paced environment and does not have the ability or desire to juggle competing priorities.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what we are doing, but be cognizant of the need to ensure core business is looked after.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a great company to work for!

Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsBest people to work with

ConsAlways busy, no down time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Concur is growing

Software Design Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe company has a promising future. The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance. The work environment is direct and to the point. There aren't a lot of unproductive meetings.

ConsThere is very little training or documentation for the product. Learning tends to be hands on. There aren't a lot of knew exciting technologies being used. The development group has doubled in the past year, creating a bit of chaos.

Incompetent QE management at all levels

Senior Software Design Engineer - Test (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI cannot find one pros to add here, getting ready to move out

ConsQE management lacking technicals skills , disrespectful to people
    Management promoted in less than a year? Don't we already pay them to do their job, do we need to promote them every 8 months or so?
    For non manager QE not a lot of growth opportunities after senior level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrainings for management

Great Company! The SMB segment still needs fine tuning.

RSE SMB (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture and benefits. At first I thought that there would be great opportunity for growth and career development. Coworkers are really nice and welcoming!

ConsManagement quality especially and the mid manager level does not align with segment goals and style. Organization is moving so fast that even if something might be working company would have already moved on to next idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better training program.

Amazing people, culture, technology

Vice President (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsUnique culture for corporate america -passionate, sincere, respectful. High caliber people -some x softees and others who have been here for a while. Strongly customer centric and the founders continue to exert a strong influence on the culture and day to day running of the operation which is very much a plus.

Consfast growing and lots of work so don't expect to float or look for "someone" to do something -its not a con but its a warning to anyone who isn't used to being hands on

Need a company worthy of your loyalty? Get onboard now with Concur!

Member of R&D (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe company's success is sky-rocketing and with good reason. The culture allows each of us to perfect our craft with respect, flexibility, and high expectations.

ConsGrowth can be an uncomfortable form of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't leave existing employees behind the curve by focusing on only newbies when it comes to imparting the corporate culture. I suggest regular HF orientation-type refresher sessions for long-time worker bees.

Great company with a great future!

Consultant (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsCross-functional teams that want to partner together to make great things happen and forward facing in the technology space.

ConsNone at this time that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive the vision forward and let us join in the adventure!

Worked for Concur? Contribute to the Community!