Concur Reviews

Reset
4.0
Concur CEO Steve Singh
Steve Singh

Pros
  • Work-life balance is incredible here (in 24 reviews)

• Concur is a highly desirable employer and leader in the SaaS Corporate Travel and Expense space (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue (in 9 reviews)

• Company is experiencing some growing pains, and transitioning has been imperfect (in 7 reviews)

1. Summer Internship

Pros

This is a great internship. Full of fun events and learning opportunities here.

Cons

I only hope it can be longer than 10 weeks

2. Great place to work

Pros

Atmosphere, management, work/life balance, benefits

Cons

change management could use improvement at times

3. Great

Pros

I really like working here. People are nice, the building is great and in a great location, and the work is good

Cons

There are no cons so far.

5. Great Compay to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and life/work balance

Cons

Got too big after SAP acquisition

Advice to Management

Give more guidance to employees

6. Director - Strategic Communications

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is what defines and binds this company! One of the best companies I've worked at. Really good people across the board

Cons

Things are changing with SAPs acquisition but the overall sentiment remains upbeat and positive. Time shall tell...

Regional Sales Executive

Former Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

The company is great! One of the best I have worked for. Great benefits, great culture and a great progressive product- best of it's kind. I loved my co-workers and upper management. I felt a personal connection with them that I have never lost

Cons

Management started to use a tactic midway through my experience there that was so negative. It seemed like you needed a bucket of water outside the door because you didn't know if you would be reamed a new one one day or given a shot of booze to celebrate another. It was very bi-polar. In fact, I can remember meetings where the RVP would be shooting questions at an employee and was looking for a specific answer to deliberately make them look stupid in front of an entire group of people. It was quite abusive. If you were on top one quarter and not the next- you were GONE. The top sales executive in the company was let go because he apparently wasn't getting voice mails on our VOIP phone system, which we complained about over and over and over to management and they denied anything was wrong. They also read our emails and Human Resources was not an advocate in any way shape or form for the employees. In fact, the entire team I worked with was let go in a manner of months for ridiculous reasons including ageism. Human Resources refused to acknowledge the documented issues we had as an entire team with our Manager.

Advice to Management

Now that SAP has taken over- you can't have small business managers that do not understand true corporate business. You also can't have a human resource group that does not have an open door or follow proper privacy laws in the country. Some of the worst managers and Human Resources I have ever seen in my 30 year career.. If you are going to use VOIP make sure you have the proper back up systems and make sure you are not firing people when they are not receiving voice mails because of the phone system that was used. Especially when there were multiple complaints from the entire team.

8. Great company to work for.

Pros

Great benefits. Telework capability. Good work/life balance

Cons

Location is very heavily congested.

CE

Current Employee - Client Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Concur is a market leader and have some great partnerships. Some flexibility with schedule as most staff work remote. Okay pay.

Cons

Lower end of the pay scale. Becoming very big and the process to get anything done/approved take forever. They keep adding more and more administrative tasks.

Advice to Management

Put more value in the people who work with clients. You seem to only value new sales rather than retaining and up selling current clients.

10. Amazing Workplace

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment where you feel comfortable approaching everyone from a director to VP with issues/concerns about your work. The employees are all friendly and in the end have a common goal of furthering the companies product.

Cons

Certain managers can be rooted in old methodologies of managing multiple groups which hinders growth and affects the ability to complete work efficiently at times

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns and keep the Concur culture/brand around. Its what made the company what it is today and changing it will affect the product.

11. Thoughts on Concur Internship program

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The company culture is upbeat and fun - people who get their work done and take work seriously but are friendly and know how to let loose when it is appropriate. It very much appeals to the young professional.

Cons

There are a lot of growing pains and transitions happening within the company that aren't as smooth as they could be and affect moving into full-time opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Even if it is brief, taking the time to connect with employees below you can go a long way in making sure things are efficient and productive.

RSS Feed </> Embed