Concur

Concur Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Concur Chairman and CEO Steve Singh

Steve Singh

Pros
  • The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• A lot of opportunities for growth (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks (in 9 reviews)

• Too fast paced, too much information (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Regional Sales Executive - Small Business

Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsCulture is first class. Amazing co-workers, amazing company sponsored events. They truly make the office a fun place to be at! Ping pong, pool table, Foosball table, free lunches all the time, happy hours etc. They also shower you with resources to help you succeed. Couldn't be happier!

ConsNo complaints here... after working at other companies prior to Concur, this is BY FAR the best company to work for in the Northwest in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to care...

Energetic, engaging and friendly workplace

Software Design Engineer In Test III (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsWhen I first joined the company it was described by leadership as "a 20 year old company that is behaving like a start up." This is a fantastic description. The company is always focused on forward progress, meaning the work never gets stale. Every employee is encouraged and expected to grow as an individual and everyone's opinion counts. This creates an open and honest culture that fosters innovation and encourages the opportunity to challenge the "old" and invent the "new."

Within the office the environment is engaging and VERY friendly. I was surprised at how genuinely friendly people were. I had not experienced this in my previous jobs and it made the transition very smooth. You don't have to be afraid to ask questions when you don't have the answers and because of the talented workforce you never have to go very far to find the solutions.

The company also is not afraid to recognize where it needs to improve and face those challenges head-on. That type of corporate culture works to inspire teams at every level work to improve their own performance.

The vacation package and maternity/paternity leave packages are excellent. Work day flexibility makes a work-life balance possible.

I would recommend a career at Concur to anyone and everyone that is interested. I couldn't be happier with my decision to join the company.

ConsThere appears to be a struggle to maintain the headcount level in some areas. While business grows the number of available heads hasn't always kept up. That mixed with natural attrition means that some teams are understaffed.
    That said, if you are considering a career at Concur, this means that we need your talents! Positive growth always means opportunities.

Great Company, Great People and Great Mission

Client Executive (Current Employee)

ProsPeople and culture here are amazing. I enjoy being surrounded by people that push me to do my best and set stretch goals. You have all the support you need from leadership and your peers here to be successful and the platform of products speaks for itself.

ConsThere is a lot of change here so employees need to be very comfortable with consuming large amounts of information, staying on top of industry trends and changing direction frequently. Training is self directed for the most part and you must be self motivated. I do not think these things are cons, but need to be understood.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation and recognition to non sales employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An amazing place to work!

Service Administrator (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsEvery day I get to deal with new challenges and be in a continuous learning environment! The culture is very supportive, willing to listen and work collaboratively. Competitive pay, generous time-off and lots of growth opportunity!

ConsI love that every day is different, but with a rapidly growing organization there are times that the constant change can also be challenging.

Great Company, Opportunity for Advancement, Great Sales roles

Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Company, amazing innovation and growth. Upper management cares about their employees and it shows in benefits and compensation. Huge opportunity for sales because we are leading the world in the direction of employee spend managment, there is always something more to sell

ConsWe move very fast so keeping up can be tough. You have to be flexible and have the ability to move quickly or you will be left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Amazing company to work for

Development Manager (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsConcur empowers all the employees regardless of the role to make the right choices, allow to make mistakes and learn from them.

ConsNot really a con...
    Adapt to changes quickly & always be ready for challenges - if you are not that person Concur may not be the right place for you.

GREAT Company to work for

MDR (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat, on-going training. Awesome yearly trip to HQ in Bellevue WA. Fast growing company. Great pay if you can reach your goals. You are given the tools you need to complete your job.

ConsGoals are attainable, but aggressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great people, great balance

ProsPeople are genuinely nice, collaborative and desire to succeed with you. I don't feel the internal competitiveness that I've felt at other places, it actually feels like we're all trying to accomplish the same goal. I had forgotten about the concept of "work/life balance" until starting here- people take it seriously and find a way to still get everything done. I highly recommend it.

ConsLike any high tech company, there's A LOT going on and it can be hard to focus and prioritize. There are some people that have been with the company 15+ years, which is unusual and can create some resistance to change. But overall, extremely positive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the first time ever, I can honestly say I wouldn't change anything.

Great place to work

ProsThings change rapidly. Management gives you the freedom to try new things.

ConsThere are many layers of senior management.

Concur - great opportunity!

ProsGreat culture. Tremendous opportunity for growth and having an impact on the company's success. Great coworkers.

ConsRapid growth sometimes leads to misalignment but the leaders are already taking steps to address it.

Worked for Concur? Contribute to the Community!