Concur

Updated January 21, 2015
4.0

Concur Chairman and CEO Steve Singh
Steve Singh

Pros
  • The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Concur is a highly desirable employer and leader in the SaaS Corporate Travel and Expense space (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks (in 9 reviews)

• There have been growing pains, and there is lots of work to do to meet the aggressive goals (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Very happy

I have been working at Concur

Pros

-time off
    -company culture
    -facilities of HQ
    -perks

Cons

-quite a bit of executive leadership change since acquisition, which is unnerving for many
    -i feel like my salary is quite low since i believe it was primarily based on my old position at my previous company, well under where my colleagues are at in my department

Incredible opportunity to grow both personally and professionally

I have been working at Concur

Pros

The executive leadership team at Concur is the best I have ever experienced. Their positive energy feeds down through the management team. Communication is transparent, and I have always understood that I can (and should) reach out to anyone I need to within the organization to reach both our goals as well as the client's. I love the culture of Concur. It is fast-paced, and ever-changning, so don't bother applying if you can't keep up! We don't sit still. Being a technology leader takes committment, lots of effort, and determination. It's not always easy, but the results are incredibly rewarding!

Cons

Client Support has challenges with resources. We need SAP to really help us in this area.

PLEASE don't let the SAP acquisition change our culture! It is what we all love about Concur.

Great experience

I have been working at Concur

Pros

innovative, visionary, great sales execution, collaboration

Cons

work / life balance can be challenging but EVERYONE works very hard so it is contagious

Great leadership, people, and products.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of really sharp people with no egos. Fantastic culture. Great products.

Cons

Marketing is slow to react to fast paced market and message.

Keep the culture in tact - post acquisition.

Strong culture of hard working, positive people that you actually like working with!

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Concur

Pros

I've been at enough companies in my career to know that no place is perfect. But the founders did a nice job building a positive culture of "people you want to work with" - almost everyone I've worked with are helpful, positive, and just genuinely good people. Tons of folks have been here a very long time, which speaks to the culture. Still feels entrepreneurial in spite of its growing size.

Cons

Sometimes the folks that have been there a long time cannot realize there are other, better ways of doing things. They aren't resistant to change, they just don't have exposure to other methods and processes. Company has under-invested in internal infrastructure. Needs to put some $$$ toward systems, processes, data/analytics, and some back office things to help with the growth and future scaling

Don't lose the culture with the SAP deal! Fix the infrastructure issues!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people & culture at Concur are phenomenal. They hire great people and it shows. Once you are in the door Managements goal is to develop the staff and help you grow within the organization. They are great at rewarding the Sales Team and they always are providing fun incentives. I hope to stay at Concur for a very long time!

Cons

It is a fast paced environment. If you are not one for change– this is not the Company for you.

Work

I have been working at Concur

Pros

Very friendly place to work. Interesting projects, not much room to grow career wise. Company has been acquired by SAP.

Cons

Parking is not easy. Monthly rate can be high. Company does offer some compensation toward parking.

Amazing!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive

I have been working at Concur full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is incredible! I've never worked for a place that cared as much about their people as Concur. Innovation engine is unbelievable here! I'm humbled to work with some of the smartest people in the world.

Cons

Very little to complain about. Some typical growing pains re: processes and infrastructure but aside from that, I feel blessed to come to work here every day.

Communicate frequently! Your passion is inspiring and pushes us to reach greater heights. If you want to carry that momentum, be constantly visible. Especially using webcast for the remote offices.

Very Political

I worked at Concur (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, great benefits, some really great people. The customers are very happy with the product and innovation. Lot of long term employees

Cons

It is pretty political, A lot of it is about who you know if you are going to move forward and one manager's bias is passed to others. Leadership doesn't really want people who don't always agree with them.

Love it, so far.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Concur full-time (less than a year)

Pros

TripIt from Concur, is a great place to work. I am constantly challenged and impressed by the passion and knowledge that is present here. The leadership really wants you to be successful, no matter what that means. There are many times in which you are given a project and they let you run with it. With our recent acquisition by SAP I'm excited to see what happens next.

Cons

Sometimes you are just thrown into things without much explanation or background.