Concur Reviews

Reset
4.0
Concur CEO Steve Singh
Steve Singh

Pros
  • Work-life balance is incredible here (in 24 reviews)

• Concur is a highly desirable employer and leader in the SaaS Corporate Travel and Expense space (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue (in 9 reviews)

• Company is experiencing some growing pains, and transitioning has been imperfect (in 7 reviews)

1. Good

I have been working at Concur full-time

Pros

lots of paid time off, good maternity leave. company culture good.

Cons

Nothing so far, perhaps unknown upcoming changes after being acquired.

Advice to Management

I don't have any at the moment.

Solid company - hope SAP merger fosters the best from each side

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really great people, future looking organization, has had great strategy, teams were all pulling in the same direction rather than for their silo. Concur had a can-do approach and manner that really let it soar in the marketplace, and have truly fine applications and services. It was so great feeling proud of the products and services of the company I worked for. SAP brings worldwide top-level companies, and a much broader suite of products/services. SAP culture has a positive aspect of being collaborative and people are very nice.

Cons

I left a little while after the SAP merger as my area was changing significantly because of the merger - those changes made sense, just wasn't for me. The SAP culture is very "this is the way we do it" and they don't question management/directions. I saw several times senior transition people saying they wanted to ask the executives what to do on very complex issues that required thoughtful analysis and recommendation, but they would rather just ask and comply, then try to make it happen even if it didn't make sense. Sorry to say there's a bit of the "just following orders" approach. On the legacy Concur side, there are a lot of leaders, which can make decision-making difficult. That is exacerbated by the desire to avoid conflict. I think there's been such a change in top leadership that this con may not be valid any longer: There was a bit of a cliquish boys club leadership, but think that's probably changed.

Advice to Management

For SAP: Let Concur and some of the leaders there step into SAP and help you look at and think of things differently. There's a huge gap between the SaaS world and the old-school on-prem world (and I'm old enough to have been immersed in both over my career)...I heard from some of the SAP people that they really think of SaaS as meaning browser-based. Not the same thing at all. On the Concur side, keep an eye on the number of layers of management and make sure that the most critical areas have a seat at the table, not buried a level before. The former president had several long-time employees (who were buddies) reporting directly to him in areas that didn't really make sense but then buried critical areas below another direct report and didn't give them the light of day. To the new leadership, I suggest looking at that and shifting...pretty sure that's happening.

3. Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Concur

Pros

They are a growing company with a great product. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company if you wish to do so.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between departments which creates some frustration for management as well as other entry level employees.

Advice to Management

Promoting management positions from within and then hiring entry level jobs would create more motivation for employees by showing there are future opportunities.

Client support analyst Lead

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst Lead in Burien, WA
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst Lead in Burien, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home, great leadership, excellent innovation.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Management has been great.

6. Modern and Professional

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst I in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst I in Allen, TX

I have been working at Concur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and free lunches. They are smart and put lots of care into picking just the right people to join their team/family. Benefits you'd expect from a good company. My start date has not come, so this is all I can say.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

Advice to Management

If the people in the hiring process are waiting on someone who is on vacation, let people who are unaware of that know to expect a delay. One day later I would have had to get lesser job because food, and I had thought I was forgotten. Although, other than that, that was the best hiring process I have experienced.

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Concur is an innovative company that provides a lot of opportunity to learn.

Cons

There is not a career development process in place. Although, that may be coming with SAP.

Advice to Management

Encourage and support career development and promotion.

8. First Year - Pretty Good

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Work from home flexibility * Hit your quotas - Micromanagement goes away * Smart colleagues

Cons

* Account reps often know more than managers * No configuration for career growth * Slightly lower comps than comparable companies

Advice to Management

management should be hired from within - bringing in outsiders for small business sales has only presented further challenges.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capable, driven colleagues who love their work. Flexible work schedules and no problem working remotely when needed. This is a great company.

Cons

Poor 401(k) matching levels at this time. SAP acquired us seven months ago and no one knows when the SAP benefits are coming.

10. Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Lots of team work. Up-to-date in the software development industry. Working on cutting edge solutions. Cool/contemporary office interior.

Cons

Office is located close to freeway, lots of homeless folks, sidewalks are filthy.

Advice to Management

Salaries need adjusting to remain competitive

11. A better place to work than unnamed locations across the lake.

I have been working at Concur full-time

Pros

Exciting tech stack, excellent work-life balance and great people to work with

Cons

Tendency to bog down as soon as the new interacts with the legacy, meaning that change can be very difficult.

RSS Feed </> Embed