Concur Reviews

Reset

CE

Current Employee - Client Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Concur is a market leader and have some great partnerships. Some flexibility with schedule as most staff work remote. Okay pay.

Cons

Lower end of the pay scale. Becoming very big and the process to get anything done/approved take forever. They keep adding more and more administrative tasks.

Advice to Management

Put more value in the people who work with clients. You seem to only value new sales rather than retaining and up selling current clients.

2. Amazing Workplace

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment where you feel comfortable approaching everyone from a director to VP with issues/concerns about your work. The employees are all friendly and in the end have a common goal of furthering the companies product.

Cons

Certain managers can be rooted in old methodologies of managing multiple groups which hinders growth and affects the ability to complete work efficiently at times

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns and keep the Concur culture/brand around. Its what made the company what it is today and changing it will affect the product.

3. Thoughts on Concur Internship program

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The company culture is upbeat and fun - people who get their work done and take work seriously but are friendly and know how to let loose when it is appropriate. It very much appeals to the young professional.

Cons

There are a lot of growing pains and transitions happening within the company that aren't as smooth as they could be and affect moving into full-time opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Even if it is brief, taking the time to connect with employees below you can go a long way in making sure things are efficient and productive.

Solid company - hope SAP merger fosters the best from each side

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really great people, future looking organization, has had great strategy, teams were all pulling in the same direction rather than for their silo. Concur had a can-do approach and manner that really let it soar in the marketplace, and have truly fine applications and services. It was so great feeling proud of the products and services of the company I worked for. SAP brings worldwide top-level companies, and a much broader suite of products/services. SAP culture has a positive aspect of being collaborative and people are very nice.

Cons

I left a little while after the SAP merger as my area was changing significantly because of the merger - those changes made sense, just wasn't for me. The SAP culture is very "this is the way we do it" and they don't question management/directions. I saw several times senior transition people saying they wanted to ask the executives what to do on very complex issues that required thoughtful analysis and recommendation, but they would rather just ask and comply, then try to make it happen even if it didn't make sense. Sorry to say there's a bit of the "just following orders" approach. On the legacy Concur side, there are a lot of leaders, which can make decision-making difficult. That is exacerbated by the desire to avoid conflict. I think there's been such a change in top leadership that this con may not be valid any longer: There was a bit of a cliquish boys club leadership, but think that's probably changed.

Advice to Management

For SAP: Let Concur and some of the leaders there step into SAP and help you look at and think of things differently. There's a huge gap between the SaaS world and the old-school on-prem world (and I'm old enough to have been immersed in both over my career)...I heard from some of the SAP people that they really think of SaaS as meaning browser-based. Not the same thing at all. On the Concur side, keep an eye on the number of layers of management and make sure that the most critical areas have a seat at the table, not buried a level before. The former president had several long-time employees (who were buddies) reporting directly to him in areas that didn't really make sense but then buried critical areas below another direct report and didn't give them the light of day. To the new leadership, I suggest looking at that and shifting...pretty sure that's happening.

6. Good

I have been working at Concur full-time

Pros

lots of paid time off, good maternity leave. company culture good.

Cons

Nothing so far, perhaps unknown upcoming changes after being acquired.

Advice to Management

I don't have any at the moment.

Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Good Sr. Management, good benefits, good products

Cons

Very, Very weak middle management

Advice to Management

clean shop, way too much dead weight in middle management, many of whom have been around way to long and are good at managing up but are very poor leaders

8. Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellevue, WA

Pros

They are a growing company with a great product. Lots of opportunities to move around within the company if you wish to do so.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between departments which creates some frustration for management as well as other entry level employees.

Advice to Management

Promoting management positions from within and then hiring entry level jobs would create more motivation for employees by showing there are future opportunities.

9. MDR Review

Current Employee - MDR in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - MDR in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Fun and fast paced environment with a lot of freedom to do things the way you want as long as its within your scope. Lots of chances to talk to higher ups and move up the chain quickly within the ranks. Most people here really like being here and the environment is helpful in guiding people to be better.

Cons

Some of the people around you can be distracting and counterproductive with gossip and doing nonproductive tasks but nothing out of order from any big corporation.

Advice to Management

Hire better people

Client support analyst Lead

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst Lead in Burien, WA
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst Lead in Burien, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home, great leadership, excellent innovation.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Management has been great.

11. Modern and Professional

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst I in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst I in Allen, TX

I have been working at Concur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and free lunches. They are smart and put lots of care into picking just the right people to join their team/family. Benefits you'd expect from a good company. My start date has not come, so this is all I can say.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

Advice to Management

If the people in the hiring process are waiting on someone who is on vacation, let people who are unaware of that know to expect a delay. One day later I would have had to get lesser job because food, and I had thought I was forgotten. Although, other than that, that was the best hiring process I have experienced.

RSS Feed </> Embed