Concur

Concur Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Concur Chairman and CEO Steve Singh

Steve Singh

Pros
  • The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• A lot of opportunities for growth (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks (in 9 reviews)

• Too fast paced, too much information (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Concur Technologies was an excellent place to work - interesting, intelligent people, room for advancement.

Technical Publication Manager (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsConcur has many great benefits and fun culture. Everyone there is there to create a great product and is proud of the work they do. Salary is competitive and stock options are very generous. Leadership is accessible and open to new ideas.

Constoo many reorganizations in its high growth time

Very proud to work for Concur.

ProsTrust in Executive Leadership is key. Trust by leadership, allowing employees to work from remote/home offices. Excitement around how Concur disrupts the industry!

ConsThe company has grown so much over the last few year, it's lost a bit of that "lovin feelin" but that is to be expected.

Rapid growth and challenging environment

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsSenior leadership is stable and open. Never a dull moment around here in the data center operations.

ConsCareer path is not well defined in the technical teams, but it is becoming a priority now, so this should improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your vision does not always get translated well through your mid-managers. More effort should be made to keep things steered in the right direction. Also, re-org's can be done much, much better. Most changes are learned through rumors, weeks (or months) before any formal communication is made.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

ProsGreat work environment, good work life balance, rapidly growing company with cutting edge technology

ConsLots of opportunity, just not a clear path on how to achieve it

Great people and culture

Program Management (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsLots of internal/external social events, with a mixture of philanthropic causes included.

ConsSo fast-paced at times that current processes don't have the necessary time to be fleshed out effectively.

A place that tests your limits

Pros1. Tests your limits in leadership and innovation
    2. Real big tech stack challenge and you need to be an innovator, not a complacent bystander
    3. Configured as something special. You need to work hard to play hard to feel success. Those who emphasize pay as their only driver need to work in the US postal service or the city government.
    4. Ambiguous environment. I see this as a pro - because being a former employee of some of the world's largest software providers, ambiguity is what promotes proactive thinking. Be prepared to debate with the old guard. If you expect the existing guard to just drop and buy your opinions, then you need to learn what developing a good pragmatic business case means and debate it.

Cons1. More support is needed to help inexperienced leaders to understand the importance managing poor performers
    2. We need stronger expertise in process design and management

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say continue stretching us.

Great place to work

Software Design Engineer II (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsYou don't have to worry about your job if you contribute that way that is expected from you.
    Modern office, great people, central location.

ConsHuge company that, perhaps naturally means lots of duplication of tasks. Management structure is too blown up.

Love working at Concur!

Intern (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat work life balance, competitive pay and lots of room to grow!

ConsConcur is constantly growing/changing... Not necessarily a bad thing!

Great company values, many opportunities to have impact

QE Manager (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsStrong company values (openness and honesty being 2 of the big ones). Many opportunities to have impact on the products, teams, and processes. Work-life balance is up to the individual (many have chosen a good balance, some choose to make it less of a priority but both are supported). Innovative in products and process.

ConsCommunication of big changes is not lacking but could be more timely.

Laid Back.

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsWork-life balance is incredible here. A lot of people have families and everyone works very reasonable hours. There is no dress code. Many people work from home at least one day a week. Good benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)

ConsThe salaries are generally lower than some of the more prestigious tech companies in the area. Much of the software is older and written in languages like ASP Classic. A lot of testing is still manual.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the culture. It would be nice to work with people that care about learning and moving forward.

Worked for Concur? Contribute to the Community!