Concur Technologies

Concur Technologies Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Concur Technologies Chairman and CEO Steve Singh

Steve Singh

Pros:
  • "The work is fairly fast paced, but people have a good work life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-Life Balance - Not unusual for some IT employees to work 60 hour weeks"
    in 6 reviews
  • "not for the person who does not embrace change or a fast paced environment and does not have the ability or desire to juggle competing priorities"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good management and flexibility. Company is going through transition period.

Designer (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time

ProsThe benefits and pay are good, and management has been very supportive. Flexible work hours, and option to work from home sometimes.

ConsCompany is experiencing some growing pains, and transitioning has been imperfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on helping middle management and employees understand the direction of the company and what their marching orders are. There is some confusion right now.

Innovative & leading company with tons of opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsKilling it with great sales execution
Great CEO & by and large - management team is strong
Good, smart people to work with
Good culture that invests and cares about its people
Tons of business opportunity
Always innovating
Decent work/life balance - push when it makes sense

ConsManagement needs to more clearly articulate rationale for fast pivots
Not super sophisticated on the analytical front to make the changes required for success
Some people simply don't have the expertise for their roles and should be moved elsewhere where they can be more productive and move the company forward

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up with great communication, reward truly strong performers with promotions, etc.
Upgrade talent across key areas

Not too bad

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time

ProsI've worked here for a few years. The good thing about Concur is that the leadership/upper management constantly tries to make improvements.

Most people here are friendly but the company has undergone many re-orgs in recent years and things are not as friendly as they seem.
For instance, the password used in the internal systems and databases is an inside racist joke. Beware of some of the people that work here.

There is flex time here and the company provides generous maternity and paternity leave which makes for a decent work-life balance.

ConsObsolete technology ( Classic ASP) code base.

Corporate hierarchy is too tall for company size. Not much room for advancement.

No employee improvement process in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making organizational and workplace improvements.

Add more to benefits package to attract top talent.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Senior Director (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've worked at a lot of high tech companies, and this one tops them all. I have been at Concur almost six years. It has great leadership, great people, great benefits, and a world class product. Even my worst day at Concur is better than my best day at any other company.

ConsBecause we are still a "relatively" smaller company, and growing fast, our processes sometimes cannot keep up.

Great company culture

I have been working at Concur Technologies

ProsIt is a great company to work for. The company size is medium but has very promising future. Leadership is very charismatic and energetic.

ConsNo free parking. It is fine if you take bus since the office is super close to transit center. Otherwise it is a little expensive.

Smart people, hard work, lots of growth opportunity

Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAlmost all the people who were here when I first started are still here. That was many years ago, so people like it. There is a good technical track to grow up through levels of principal engineer.

SMART co-workers. I cannot emphasize enough how much better it makes your job when you work with smart engineers.

Exposure to new technologies. Really interesting scaling challenges. Chance to dig into software internals.

ConsThere are some teams/devs who are sort of pigeonholed in the old parts of the technology stack.

Decent job, great company.

Client Executive (Current Employee)
Remote, OR

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility to work from home. The corporate vision is clear, aggressive and ambitious. The C and VP level executives seem to have what it takes to take the company to new levels. Vacation Policy.

ConsThe lower level managers I have worked with do not have much leadership experience.

Great company to work for!

Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, amazing leadership at the executive level

ConsMiddle management at the director and senior director level is awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your directors arrested doing! They do not keep the culture of Concur. Rather, they are turning it into another ADP.

Great Company to Work for . Way to many managers and the good old boy sytem still in place.

RSE (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe leader in T&E and great people to work with

ConsSenior management promotes the same people every year even though a great deal of them do not make their numbers in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate some of the mid level management in place. Way to many chefs in the kitchen

Reasonable

Software Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Good benefits especially "Paid Time Off".
- Flex-Time.
- Working from Home possibilities.

Cons-Lack of documentation. As a new hire, it is a nightmare learning the new code base. You would have to ask a lot of questions how certain things in the application work. Even worse, the employees who wrote the code have moved on to upper management positions (sometimes to other projects). Therefore, the help may not be there. Expect situations when nobody knows what is going on.

Advice to Senior Management- Have a procedure to document the code and every new feature.
- Need to move from the obsolete classic asp to .NET

Worked for Concur Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Concur Technologies Videos

Concur Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Relentlessly Innovate to Drive Change​​ Forbes recently ranked Concur the #1 Most Innovative Growth Company in the World! At the forefront of the cloud and mobile computing space, Concur is on mission to create “The… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Concur Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Concur Technologies CEO Steve Singh. All 134 reviews posted anonymously by Concur Technologies employees.