Concur Technologies

Concur Technologies Reviews in Redmond, WA

Concur Technologies Chairman and CEO Steve Singh

Steve Singh

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Concur is a great, fast moving Company. You must be able to thrive in a constantly changing atmosphere

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChallenging, Fun, Compensation, Employee Benefits, Culture. There is lots of opportunity at the company, you just have to be able to proactively go get it. Doors need to be opened on their own.

ConsSeparation of business units make it feel like there are different cultures, constant ambiguity, clear communication on product changes, additions, and enhancements

Advice to Senior ManagementCross-business unit collaboration would be great even and the most basic Employee level, unifying the culture across all segments. Encourage management to proactively address career development with their Employees.

Excellent company to work with

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

I worked at Concur Technologies as a contractor for more than a year

ProsMy review is particularly for the IT dept. Great guys to work with. I was there for about 18 months. No micro management crap. You get plenty of opportunity to put your ideas on the table.

ConsNothing much on the negative side. Just that the teams within the IT department can be more organized and communicate on regular basis.

Excellent

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsThis company strives on innovation culture and team work. Excellent opportunities for growth and innovation. People are amazing. Clear goals and objectives, very less politics. Senior management and top leadership are excellent. Heirarchy is literally flat, so dont have to do show off to get visibility. You do good work you get rewarded, as simple as that. The travel and expense industry has huge potential for growth and so is this company

ConsParking/ cafeteria and benefits. None of which are a deal breaker.

Great experience IF you get the right Manager

Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDynamic environment . Opportunities to learn.

ConsCulture is not align in all offices. Some managers see things in Micro . No independence in taking decisions. Limited Opportunities for promotions or new hiring due investment in new ventures. Salary increases scale /Promotions are basically the same between lazy and top performers . Some managers get promoted out of the cycle without real achievements when lower level management get the leftovers.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in training for Managers.

Great work if you can get it

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

ProsConcur is a 'nice' place to work, they don't work on the principle of using you up and throwing you away. It is more of a relaxed atmosphere. They pay a 10% bonus pretty reliably.

ConsOppourtunities to advance are limited. Salary increases are limited to cost of living. No opportunity for stock options

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to think about the little people who make the big people big.

Great opportunity for growth, strong leadership

Market Development Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement takes time to learn your strength and weaknesses and applies them to company. Strong culture. Executive leadership is innovative and inspiring. High growth company, ample opportunity.

ConsThis company thrives on growth. If you are are a stagnant performer or don't fit in with company culture you may not have an enjoyable experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing. Many companies that experience this sort of growth plateau and try to change or adapt and lose their ground.

Moving Fast

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is always a whole lot of opportunities, a lot of technology, a lot of growth, and around every corner is a new chance to grow and succeed, you just have to sell yourself.

ConsThere is a large and growing pool of middle management, but limited career paths for non-management persons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever hurts to invest in more manager training and screenings and maybe some 360 reviews.

It was ok. Better than some places I have worked.

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of variety in the job. I worked with some really good, smart people. I picked up a number of skills there that were very useful.

ConsManagement changed a lot during my time there. I had several supervisors. Also, I didn't feel like management valued its good employees enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more, and listen to their input.

Being a part of something great

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCulture, speed of growth, speed of decision making, trust in employees, employee recognition, good business minded leaders

ConsGrowth means too many projects and not enough time

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop believing that your direct involvement and your direct access to all employees has a powerful effect.

What a joke of a company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Concur Technologies full-time for more than a year

Prosgood and nice people. good benefits and competative salaries,but other than that you will not find good with this company

ConsBAD technology - Classic ASP is the main developing language
BAD Architect - people that are not batter than junior developers were pointed to be architects which have no idea of design patters or how to develop a quality code.
There was / is an initiative to move to MVC3 (yeas 3 not 4) from classic ASP but even with this model the way they write code (MVC C# etc) is as if they were still developing ASP code
You will not find ownership there. People don't care what they are doing and how it is been done. No share knowledge, common answer around here is "I DON'T KNOW". Wiki pages is a bad word the way they write documentation about common practice is sharing a one note page

Advice to Senior Managementbe managers stop writing code

Worked for Concur Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Concur Technologies Videos

Concur Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Relentlessly Innovate to Drive Change​​ Forbes recently ranked Concur the #1 Most Innovative Growth Company in the World! At the forefront of the cloud and mobile computing space, Concur is on mission to create “The… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Concur Technologies reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Concur Technologies CEO Steve Singh. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Concur Technologies employees.