Concurrency Reviews

James Savage

1. Great Experience - Exciting opportunity

Current Employee - IT Consultant
    Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several consulting firms throughout my career and have to say that Concurrency really does value it's employees. From the benefits & training to the types of projects that we are winning. I have enhanced my skillset more in the past 2 years than I have over the past 10 years elsewhere. There are a lot of fun events throughout the year and I appreciate that I can go directly to the leadership team and feel that I can make a difference. I really feel that the culture is unique and I like being a part of this growing company. I am surprised at the low turnover I've seen here. Especially for a consulting firm.

Cons

There is more work coming in than the consultants available to keep up. Because it is a rapidly growing company it feels like we are changing every day. There are a lot of people that are playing multiple roles so sometimes hard to know who to go to for information.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we are not expanding too quickly - before process is in place to sustain. Overall, great leadership team in place. Stay open-minded and agile.

2. Lots of Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Concurrency full-time

Pros

Business is good. Lots of good energy and work being done.

Cons

Structure suffers as the business grows. Efforts are in place but lag.

3. Great place to grow

I worked at Concurrency

Pros

They really invest in their employees knowledge through training and certification programs
    You get to work with the latest technology
    Young and engaging workforce of colleagues
    The owner is invested in and personally cares about his employees and their growth
    Great culture and easy to make friends with your co-workers

Cons

Immature organizationally and constantly changing approach to key pro services business processes
    Average compensation and benefits

5. Perfect balance of getting to work on good projects and chance to work with newest and brightest technologies.

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely supportive and willing to jump in to help. Time to time recognition for successful projects and always encouraging. I do find great work-life balance. Employees get together on time to time basis for social gatherings, company outing and little things which keeps you connected are organized.
    Management recognizes areas for improvement and works on getting it fixed. Definitely see this company growing, and happy to be part of it.

Cons

Being a small firm of about 100 employees benefits are reasonable.

6. Great to work for

I have been working at Concurrency full-time

Pros

Concurrency is a place where a consultant go from average to excellent. It has a strong leadership team, great team members, and is growing fast. I appreciate the focus on knowledge and the top 1% talent that I have the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Expectations are high on consultants to execute well for customers and often handle a mixture of pre-sales, technical delivery, and learning

Advice to Management

Ensure that the company culture stays as the company grows

7. Poor service delivery

I worked at Concurrency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are fair. Opportunities for training and certifications as well.

Cons

Poor service delivery. Projects are consistently behind and clients are very dissatisfied. Leadership team is very inexperienced with a "fake it until you make it" philosophy and no prior experience outside of Concurrency.

Advice to Management

Owner should consider having an experienced business person run the company and address serious project delivery issues.

You will not find a better company to work for!

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In all my 20+ years in the IT industry, I can say that this is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The culture here is PHENOMENAL, all the people are top-notch and great to work with! Everyone pulls their weight to get the job done, and are willing to help others when needed.

The company greatly values its employees as seen by the generous compensation and benefits package, as well as how they promote careers through training and certification. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career here, either technically or as a leader in IT.

As a leader in Microsoft technologies, attention to quality of work is also stressed. Process metholodogies are promoted here (Agile, MS SureStep) by the different teams working on projects.

If you enjoy a challenging environment with a variety of project-based work, then this is the place for you!

Cons

Consultants are asked to work on more than one project at a time, when necessary. If you are not accustomed to this, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Fantastic company to work for with a great culture

Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company that is devoted to improving processes and solving problems for their clients. The company culture is one that values learning and pushing the envelope. A work hard, play hard mentality where everyone is willing to help and assist to get the job done.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment with technologies every changing and deadlines to meet. At times this can be a bit much if you aren't use to working hard.

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Concurrency offers it's consultants a decent wage and benefit package. It also provides high end equipment to work with. In addition they provide opportunities to get Microsoft certifications which can be great for your career.

Cons

The company culture is extremely toxic to the individual consultants. Office politics are the biggest factor to being successful with the quality of your work taking a back seat.

Quality control is almost non-existent. For example I had the pleasure of debugging a 1,000 lines of code switch statement. Experienced programmers will know how frustrating this type of atmosphere can be.

Billing practices are questionable at best. You may be put into situations that border on being unethical.

The Brookfield office has a problem with temperature control. It is either way to hot or way to cold which makes it difficult to concentrate on your work. Seems like an easy fix, but it never got resolved.

Overall I believe your success with this company will depend greatly on your personality type. If you are the type of person that likes to keep your head down, and let the quality of your work speak for it self, then you should probably avoid Concurrency. On the other hand if you know how to play the game, and can win the popularity contest, you may be able to grow your career here.

Advice to Management

My advice is to focus more on the quality of work. I would also encourage better teamwork between individuals.

RSS Feed </> Embed